android has has this for quite awhile now, this feature does not sell phones. it might add to the overall "image" of the phone though
    It would be better on android if one could just look down at the phone naturally. However it requires the phone to be held at eye level. Or at least my droid razr maxx did. No thanks. Not going to look like a total dork every time I go to unlock my phone. Lol.

Sent from my BlackBerry Torch 9850 using Tapatalk
    12-27-12 01:19 AM
    I'm not going to bother reading the entire thread but I'd like to see MEDIA (pics, videos mainly) to be protected by some sort of password lock. I know device lock is there, but look at the apps in BB App World that do what I suggested and the number of downloads! A LOT of people want this, even if it's pattern lock or two digit password lock, I'll be happy with it.
    12-27-12 01:28 AM
    • Android Sideloading - NO exceptions
    • Attempt to work with CamScanner to have their functionality natively in the Camera or get them to port it. Perhaps consider having it as a default app on every device.
    • Keyboard version needs a larger screen, please don't have it be that leaked version. It looks like a half-assed attempt that was thrown together at the last minute
    • Please ensure there is auto focus on the camera and a good sensor.
    • Ability to customize the UI please. Perhaps allow third party modding if possible at an OS level.
    • Change the homescreen UI. It's very basic and bland, the menu looks like a 2 year old colored it in. Make it bold looking, sharp looking, sexy like the HTC Sense UI is
    • Bring WhatsApp to BB10.
    • Ability to turn off BBM Global Broadcasting or to block it from specific people.
    12-27-12 01:47 AM
    To BlackberryScoop

1. Create a Wi-Fi only all-touch model that competes against the Apple iPod Touch.

Can a BB10 phone function like a Wi-Fi device if you don’t activate it (no SIM card)?

2. Ability to use a BB10 phone in other countries without a BB data plan – no roaming fee. Flexible and cheaper data plans.

3. Apps that understand and translate foreign languages – Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Indian, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic …etc.

Thank you.
    12-27-12 02:39 AM
    When using the browser on the Playbook there is a dot com button I think it would be productive if it toggled other options like dot net or dot org.

LOL, try holding down the ".com" button and you'll be amazed!
    lboogie_1971_ likes this.
    12-27-12 02:40 AM
    If RIM can partition off a portion of the device for "Work" mode, they should be able to do it for kid/spouse mode as well. That would have restricted functionality and access to only the apps you allow. Facial detection would automatically recognize the child/spouse and put the phone in the appropriate mode automatically.
    This sounds terrific. This mode can be one where the phone owner installs some apps and games, and access to the hub and social media is restricted. This would be of great help when people want to check your phone out, you wouldnt have to worry about them accessing your personal data.
    lboogie_1971_ likes this.
    12-27-12 03:01 AM
    not really amazed if you don't live in usa or canada. I would prefer to be able to change them to personal favorites
    12-27-12 03:18 AM
    Like to see in chat or text mode, incoming chats in a different color than outgoing chats, and maybe on different sides of the screen. HATE to compare it, but sort of like the Iphone and other phones have. Easier to keep track of incoming and outgoing messages.
    12-27-12 06:58 AM
    Like to see in chat or text mode, incoming chats in a different color than outgoing chats, and maybe on different sides of the screen. HATE to compare it, but sort of like the Iphone and other phones have. Easier to keep track of incoming and outgoing messages.
    Like it already is?
    I am @BlackberryScoop, and I want your thoughts and ideas of BB10-blackberry-9900_c-en.jpg
    00stryder likes this.
    12-27-12 07:15 AM
    Of all the pictures I have seen of dev alpha hardware I have seen none that don't REQUIRE use ofd the touch screen. Having the screen is OK but one reason BlackBerry still has followers is because some people hate touch screen, even if we are the minority.

Its too late for those, none under the hood changes for launch, but I hope future handsets will have non-touch options.

While personally I wish the scroll wheel would come back, I know that is unreasonable, I see no reason why BB10 devices would not have an option for touch pad.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9370 using Tapatalk
    12-27-12 07:55 AM
    Some more posts come up on twitter with Netflix screenies, though not confirmed that it would be available at launch.
    I would say the twitter account is more or less legit at least with the info, about the one on here I'm not 100% sure though the OP was quite well worded, I'm still skeptical.
    12-27-12 07:57 AM
    Some more posts come up on twitter with Netflix screenies, though not confirmed that it would be available at launch.
    I would say the twitter account is more or less legit at least with the info, about the one on here I'm not 100% sure though the OP was quite well worded, I'm still skeptical.
    When you look at the image the logo in the red square has been cut & pasted. If it really was NetFlix they would't need to do that = FAKE

EDIT: well CB resizes the image and makes the logo look 100% bad. Here is a link http://i.imgur.com/rCSwS.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails I am @BlackberryScoop, and I want your thoughts and ideas of BB10-rcsws.jpg  
    Roo Zilla likes this.
    12-27-12 08:11 AM
    Of all the pictures I have seen of dev alpha hardware I have seen none that don't REQUIRE use ofd the touch screen. Having the screen is OK but one reason BlackBerry still has followers is because some people hate touch screen, even if we are the minority.

Its too late for those, none under the hood changes for launch, but I hope future handsets will have non-touch options.

While personally I wish the scroll wheel would come back, I know that is unreasonable, I see no reason why BB10 devices would not have an option for touch pad.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9370 using Tapatalk
    Sorry, but Touchscreen is In. All the Popular smartphones have them and RIM has to keep up with the competition.
    12-27-12 08:12 AM
    When you look at the image the logo in the red square has been cut & pasted. If it really was NetFlix they would't need to do that = FAKE

EDIT: well CB resizes the image and makes the logo look 100% bad. Here is a link http://i.imgur.com/rCSwS.jpg
    Well idk there is a developer in this thread : http://forums.crackberry.com/general...9/#post7806722

Who says He recognizes what BB10 features are used and that this pic is The Real Deal. He recognizes the eye with the password and other things.
    12-27-12 08:16 AM
    Living up to your name?

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850
    She has a very good point.

I would be very concerned if there are still changes being made a little over a month from launch.

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    12-27-12 08:20 AM
    Like it already is?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BlackBerry-9900_c-en.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	20.3 KB 
ID:	129612
    ok..I have a 9810, and maybe I dont have mine set up that way, How do you set that up?
    12-27-12 08:24 AM
    Mr scoop you better be a legit or you gone get flamed later on.Alright let em get into it.

Sort out that Playbook bootup speed that up.

Add a distinction label/tag in app world for apps built for blackberry and ports.Apps built for blackberry or using cascades should be well noted and labeled.Regular apps that are ported over should be noted as a port.Get distinction tags/labels just let us know whats built for bb and ported over devs that jumped on bb or bb10 should be noted espically if its got that bbm connect.

Im basing this of the Z10 demo's I have seen.Can you guys have an exit button on apps?? All the video's I have seen the only way to exit apps is to make a frame than hit X.I know the frames purpose is for multitasking but if im waiting for transport,date,friends and just need to use 1 app for few minutes even secs I would like to just exit instead of do the frame than X option.

Add side by side stacking on the playbook.The app switch swipe is cool but but its does'nt allow for proper multitasking.If I want to watch a video & type notes or watch a vid and type a message at the same time its not possible.Having stacking plus the app switch swipe and peak would be good little mix.If RIM want to do this mobile computing thing its got to have window stacking to allow multitasking.

3-6 or the limit possible video chat.I would like to be able to video chat with 3-6 freinds or how many the limit allowed for video chat and still use the playbook to play games,write notes,look over notes for disccusion points watch a video streamed event.So a multi person video chat + usual accesability to playbook especially screen and file sharing.

BBM chat rooms to talk about social events local area,city,country or,worldwide.I dont know if you've looked around this forum every now again you get people creating a thread saying most of my contacts dont use BB anymore.Im from so and so city/country if you want to chat add me pin 12345.If RIM add BBM chat rooms people can connect to other BBM users regardless of having minimal contacts or any.It could actually save someone from switching phones.Why are we talking to just a select few? when there's worldwide BBM users?? We should be able to talk to BBM user's across the world especially on social events world cups,elections,matches,olympics,new tv show,new fashion line,boxing whatever the subject.Chat rooms could actually make good use for that playbook keyboard.

Handsfree ear piece that has button voice command that lets us take and make calls from the playbook.Say Im upstairs in a house I bridge my bb to the playbook but the battery is low I leave the phone on charge.Then I go downstairs to the garden/kitchen If I have the the ear piece and playbook and Im still able to take calls and make them it would save me carrying multiple things around and easy mobility.

Call notes of some kind.Sometimes your watching a game ,producing music, or fixing equipment and someone calls you telling you all this info.All you do is give 1 answers returns yeah,uh huh your not really listening.It would good if there's a way to for the phone to record the phone call into written form.That way if it was important call and you were'nt really listening to you could quickly read over the dialect then highlight what was important.If there was a instruction given during the convo like ''pick up milk,eggs,bread'' you could than create a task reminder for those instructions.

Had and idea involving music artist bbm music but its gone I'll post it when it comes back to mind.im out.
    lboogie_1971_ and xiaohuaxing like this.
    12-27-12 08:31 AM
    Pretty sure the guy is fake. Does he also have a teleporter?

I am @BlackberryScoop, and I want your thoughts and ideas of BB10-bbscoop1.png

I am @BlackberryScoop, and I want your thoughts and ideas of BB10-bbscoop2.png
    12-27-12 08:47 AM
    Pretty sure the guy is fake. Does he also have a teleporter?

Name:	bbscoop1.PNG 
Views:	191 
Size:	10.3 KB 
ID:	129621

Name:	bbscoop2.PNG 
Views:	186 
Size:	9.2 KB 
ID:	129622
    The official teleporter will be released on Jan 30. Way to ruin it for everybody, now the competition will have one before BB10 hits the stores.
    BThunderW, 00stryder and austriker like this.
    12-27-12 09:02 AM
    FYI... Still have not received a PM back or anything from BlackBerryScoop.
    12-27-12 09:15 AM
    I have no time to read all comments, but here's some :

1. The possibility to open more than one pdf or word document at time. It happens quite often that you are reading a pdf and come across some information that you want to check from another pdf you have...so you open the new one, you look for the page, you close, you reopen, you look for the page, etc. If it was possible to open more than one (like computers do) it would be very practical!

2. The possibility to place the apps and active frames in your own order. I think it's a rather important point.

3. It would be great to release the BB10 upgrade for the PB just after the BB10 presentation. Others have already said that. It would give more arguments to present the new OS to friends and relatives, to convince the others, etc. It will also reward all the devoted PB users for having used the half-baked tablet for such a long time No offense.

4. The design of the qwerty phone is really...ah...whatever, if something can yet be improved with so little time left, it should be!!! Because this isn't it, this really isn't.

5. Wireless charging would be awesome, but I guess it takes much more time than that.

6. I know it might make some people smile, but check the most popular apps for kids to be available. I actually know people who bought iPhone only because there was Talking Tom. Even hardworking people and especially hardworking people need to have some apps for kids to have a minute of rest . Anyway, they are a must for consumer-type client.

And the last, but not the least :

CHANGE 5 SIGNS TO THE RUSSIAN CYRRILIC INPUT TO PROVIDE THE UKRAINIAN INPUT THAT MISSES BADLY
    )))) (desesperate people can get annoying, I know )
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...evices-754835/

I'd add some other thoughts later...
    12-27-12 09:18 AM
    android has has this for quite awhile now, this feature does not sell phones. it might add to the overall "image" of the phone though
    I think you are wrong with this one. They are selling BB10 as being for the hyper-connected, multi-takers who get stuff done. A LOT of us are going to have complex passwords protecting our devices. It takes a lot of time and attention to unlock your device. Simply looking into the screen and having it open up for the right user would be a huge hit with that crowd if done right. I know I love the fingerprint scanner on the thinkpad for exactly that reason. If younger a notification, you want to find out if you need to pay attention to it or not. Having to make 8-10 gestures BEFORE you can do the nifty peek gesture kind of defeats the whole purpose of it.
    12-27-12 09:19 AM
    It would be better on android if one could just look down at the phone naturally. However it requires the phone to be held at eye level. Or at least my droid razr maxx did. No thanks. Not going to look like a total dork every time I go to unlock my phone. Lol.

Sent from my BlackBerry Torch 9850 using Tapatalk
    Don't know why you'd HAVE to hold the camera at eye level... Presumably when you "register" your original image(s) with it, you'd do that using normal posture for looking at your phone. Surely the RIM/TAT guys could work their wonders with that.
    12-27-12 09:29 AM
    FYI... Still have not received a PM back or anything from BlackBerryScoop.

12-27-12 09:33 AM
    I forget which one it is either Cinnamon toast or French Toast that allows one to see their messages by tilting the phone, having this in addition to fingerprint lock would be great. For those that lock their phones then having fingerprint scan in either bottom corner to unlock the phone then/while tilting the phone to see your messages. If anyone else tries to unlock your phone or see your messages they won't be able to.
    12-27-12 09:50 AM
212 ... 45678 ...