- CrackBerry Addict
12-26-12, 11:14 AM #51
- 626 Posts
Good idea about the .com button, make it possible to change it to the one you mostly use (for me that would be .nl) and the option that if you hold the button for extra domain options. Prefer to have a tiny menu to make a selection from or ad your own domain extension. For example for me that would be .nl for the main button and .com and .org and .de for the menu part of it.
And for the pictures file part, please make the sub folder work and sorting on different settings (date, size, name etc)
- CrackBerry Abuser
12-26-12, 12:20 PM #58
- 303 Posts
On another note I would Love to see support for drop down menus in the browser. In the current Playbook browser, menus that you would typically hover over have an additional drop down menu for more selections. This used to work sometimes on Playbook OS1 but no longer works in the newer versions. I noticed this on sites while shopping where you would put your finger on the Men's Clothes button and a menu would drop down but you cannot select anything using another finger. Instead you have to take your finger off the button and the menu disappears. Thus making users go through 2 or three web pages to get to the one they want when it should have been accessible by holding down the Men Clothes button and making the drop down menu display and than taking your finger off and selecting an option from the drop down menu. I hope I explained this right. It is something that has annoyed me for awhile. I don't know if other OS's can do this in their browsers but I want to be able to do it in the BB10 browser. - Korepab had mentioned this in an earlier post but I felt it needed to be said again.
Also not sure if this has been done or not but I wish BlackBerry 10 didn't have to be about business all the time. Some added flare to transitions, more color, and giving the owner of the device a warm feeling when the phone isn't so professional all the time. Take the Scrapbook app for example. It's colorful, fun, dynamic, and easy to use. I just want to see some of that added into the OS. In my opinion it's the little details that make people fall in love with their phone. This is my idea of BlackBerry Being Bold and giving me a sense of professionalism but at the same time allowing me to have fun and feel refreshed by the creativity of the OS developers. All work and no play makes BB10 a dull OS. I am sure the OS is chalk full of TAT goodness so I will just have to wait until Jan 30th to see more.
Last edited by BB10FTW; 12-26-12 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Crediting Korepab for mentioning Browser issue first
- 12-26-12, 12:25 PM #59
Re: I am @BlackberryScoop, and I want your thoughts and ideas of BB10
Wait...you're on here asking for suggestions to improve a device and OS that hasn't even been released yet? I call total and complete bs all the way around.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
- 12-26-12, 12:34 PM #60
Also I'd like to see a way off getting into your notifications straight from the lock screen. Like if I get a text, click view text and it'll take you to it. Less taps, less swipes, the better.
Another thing is once you go into your hub from an app. There should be a way to go back to the app you were in, instead of going to the home screen to go to it.
- CrackBerry Abuser
12-26-12, 01:19 PM #61
- 179 Posts
I realize it's probably too late for this type of hardware change (maybe not?), but I think starting with AT LEAST 32GB storage instead of 16gb, as long as it didn't drive the cost of the device up too much and deter people. I know there's expandable storage via SD card, but apps can't be installed on SD card (I'm assuming). Based on playbook apps (again, assumptions), 16GB can fill up pretty quick. The iphone comes in 16, 32 and 64GB versions. I think we should be more competitive and start with 32GB. And yes, I know the iphone has no expandable storage. In the grand scheme of things though, this is relatively minor, but my 2 cents nonetheless.
- 12-26-12, 01:23 PM #62
- 12-26-12, 01:44 PM #63
I dunno - if u really want to understand what is needed, a scan of all the BB10 and News forums would give you a much better balanced view than just one thread. Not sure if this is BS or just laziness on RIM's part. Hopefully not laziness as that would hark back to how RIM operated in the past.
Having said that, just in case this is valid in some way, my single biggest "must have" is direct Outlook sync for all entities - Contacts, Notes, Calendar entries and Tasks - with all fields, including categories, when Exchange is and is not in use. Allow that via USB, LAN or cloud, with the user selecting the method. And NOT via Google or some other intermediary.
Not only a must have for myself (and many others - search for Outlook in these forums). Would also make Berries unique in the smartphone world.
- CrackBerry User
12-26-12, 01:50 PM #64
- 46 Posts
I remember a conceptual idea for two notification things called cinnamon and french toast.
BlackBerry 10 shows off different toast notifications in leaked slides
I think it would really be awesome of this idea made it into final the final OS.
There also needs to be an informative notification on screen apart from the blinking LED. Android and iPhone show a brief flash of the message/email/notification content. BB10 could do that with an unobtrusive toast notification, possibly sliding out from the Hub.. or something.
There also needs to be the ability to swipe directly into the hub from the homescreen!
- CrackBerry Addict
12-26-12, 01:51 PM #65
- 578 Posts
- 12-26-12, 02:27 PM #67
1.) The "Drag down" gesture that shows quick settings similar to Android's notification should include mobile data settings i.e turning mobile data off
2.) Cinnamon toast as we saw earlier
3.)Removing the gradient or borders around icons on the home screen - or a setting to toggle that off/on
4.)Ability to remove the call,search and camera icons at the bottom of the home screen via a setting
5.)Wi-fi Direct - using wifi direct to send files to bb 10 devices,it can also be triggered by NFC with the content e.g picture swiped up, the existing blackberry tag with bluetooth is inefficent and slow(requiring devices to pair first ) essentially, we want S Bean on the Samsung Galaxy S 3 as Blackberry Tag
6.)Ability to pin active frames
- 12-26-12, 04:25 PM #69
- good quality, reasonably priced bluetooth headphones with water/sweat ressistance
- water resistant/water-proof and sleek case with smart cover so it can be convered into a stand as well
- connectivity to bluetooth watch (a long time ago, in 2006, I purchased Abacus MobileWear Bluetooth Watch and it used to work with Sony Eric phones. It was pretty awesome)
- charging docking station for BlackBerry 10 (preferably with HDMI out and audio out ports)
BlackBerrys usually come with earphones, case. For first few BlackBerry 10 device, it'd be really nice, if BlackBerry 10 came with
a) good quality case b) screen protector c) good quality earphones d) some sort of dock/mount e) wireless charging unit f) some basic cables such as Micro HDMI cable or connector, USB cable etc.
- BB 10 should support streaming via Bluetooth via APT-X codecs (not just a2dp sbc)
- Equalizer options
- Airplay like feature for streaming to wireless speakers and wireless tv (probably DLNA over Wifi?)
- Screen mirroring to TV etc (like Macbooks do)
- Fast Forward and Rewind (not just skip, but actual ability to watch video in faster or slower frame rate, like you'd do in old VCR).
- bigger sensor for better quality night-shots / low light shots
- time lapse
- very fast camera (no lag between shots, like iPhone 5)
- auto focus
- good flash (amybe dual led flash?) but led should not be located right next to camera lens because a flash right next to lens causes some distortion
- Ability to use most apps and browser without BB specific data plan. Right now, almost all apps require access to BIS data plan.
- True VOIP functionality over WiFI and 3G (VoIP client that can be used with any SIP/VOIP provider)
- Ability to monitor data usage per application.
Email app features:
- When I configure multiple email accounts, I want to be able to specify a color for every email account in HUB. Right now, for eg: if you send a PIN message on BlackBerry. The message appears in RED color. Similarly, in unified inbox/hub, I want to specify a different color for different email accounts.
- ability to password protect email-app and sms-inbox with additional password. Say, I unlock my BlackBerry and give it to a friend. I'd like my friend to be able to use my BlackBerry but still not be able to open my emails, sms, pictures and videos.
BBM & BBM Voice:
- Ability to turn-off BBM Voice while still on WiFi.
- Cross platform messaging (maybe create a LiveProfile app. Then people on iOS, Android, Windows can download LiveProfile and add BlackBerry users as contacts)
- Block functionality for BBM broadcast messages
- Block/Appear-offline features on BBM Voice for certain contacts
- universal search
- RIM should create a feature request page (see my post here: http://forums.crackberry.com/general...ry-rim-758440/ )
- Ability to password lock individual apps. Eg: I might unlock my BlackBerry for a kid but want to make sure that certain apps or areas are behind a password. Maybe email app can continue to be behind a second password. Basically, I want to be able to password-protect individual apps, pictures, videos, music etc.
- GPS (turn by turn, voice directions)
- Much better than Siri voice integration/commands
- WIRELESS Charging
Last edited by chrysaurora; 12-27-12 at 01:59 AM.
- 12-26-12, 04:27 PM #70
You want to rule the instant messaging world?
Allow me to save chats! This is a feature that I absolutely miss having switched to the iPhone and it's actually caused me some issues with sponsorship to bring my family from abroad in the past. Anyone that has been in the position knows that you have to provide proof of relationship and the easiest and simplest thing is providing chat history. You can't do this on an iPhone, at all. Stupidest thing ever. I remember though, when I had a BlackBerry, I would email my chat history for the day to myself at the end of the day and I had all my logs stored.
I'm hoping this feature is there but for some reason, I'm skeptical that it is just because all the other platforms (Android, iOS) have ignored this little but extremely important feature.
- 12-26-12, 05:17 PM #74
I KNOW you are not an official RIM account. I know RIM reads Crackberry though, so it's all good, just as Crackberry's immense wealth of feedback is all good. I doubt you yourself are a go between officially but that's all good also,as stirring up ideas/wants/wishes from Crackberry makes you a defacto unofficial go between by virtue, all good.
In regards to marketing I would like to see "balance" take center stage in regards to use from 12 to 90 ages, perhaps some stark realities of office decorum verses weekend parties by these same office folks, all while keeping those lives separate, so many comical scenarios could play out. Same goes for 12 y/o being cool on a powerful BB10 platform where balance goes from strict office enviroment to gaming/social enviro, different scenarios can help the image take on a wider potential customer. Play up the powerful features for business but play up the fun factor also, without diminishing the business factor. It can be done.
- By GTiLeo in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 4Last Post: 06-30-12, 06:53 AM
- By qmr in forum BlackBerry Torch 9800Replies: 9Last Post: 02-19-11, 10:41 PM
- By mjneid in forum Rehab & Off-Topic LoungeReplies: 15Last Post: 09-18-09, 04:37 AM
- By mjneid in forum Rehab & Off-Topic LoungeReplies: 52Last Post: 06-04-09, 04:04 PM
- By 04redgto in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 12Last Post: 11-14-08, 08:14 AM