- 12-26-2012, 09:13 AM #27Nothing is so common as is the goal to be remarkable
- 12-26-2012, 09:19 AM #29
Back to the OPs questions.
IMO the answer is options. Options to turn things off, on and adjust their sensitivities. These options should be app optional as well. For all of the Playbooks detractors, I only have one issue. Time and time again I overeach my interaction with a game or app and accidentally perform a swipe/gesture from the bezel. Stick Tennis is an example where this action even though it pauses the game makes it imposible to recover and I lose the point.
Options, options, options, peace out!Nothing is so common as is the goal to be remarkable
- 12-26-2012, 09:35 AM #30
Customers should be able to submit bug reports directly from the device, including screen shot and memory capture and be able to track progress of fixes, ie, change logs instead of people guessing what changed with a release.
- CrackBerry User
12-26-2012, 09:54 AM #31
- 75 Posts
The way sliding up and then right takes you to the hub, sliding up and left could also be utilized for something good. Maybe the notification icons that appear on the left side could be target areas for their respective apps and if you drag your finger to that point and release that app opens. For example if you slide up and see a twitter bird in the notification area and you drag your finger to it and release, the twitter app can slide in from the right with the appropriate page open so that you can see what that notification is about.
I hope that makes sense
- 12-26-2012, 09:56 AM #33
- 12-26-2012, 10:16 AM #35
I am @BlackberryScoop, and I want your thoughts and ideas of BB10
- 12-26-2012, 10:27 AM #37
EDIT - So I did a little more reading as opposed to just looking up the Atrix way and came across what they actually patented. It's interesting but not something that I feel they wouldn't license.
- 12-26-2012, 10:27 AM #38
I do not know if these have been mentioned.
1) Swipe from side bezels to switch between apps like the PlayBook.
2) I would like this one even more: a single app being able to run more instances of itself. For example I can have multiple word or PDF documents or multiple instances of the browser. Right now I use different apps to achieve the same end, but not optimal. I believe WebOS was the only platform that allowed this.
- 12-26-2012, 10:32 AM #39Why is it that when your contract commitment is up, the phone you always wanted is now old and the phone you now want won't be out until the next quarter? - Checkout Planet Loser on Channel C003DAB77
Curve 8330 22.214.171.124 -> Bold 9650 126.96.36.1996 --> Qued 10 - Plus not one but two totally awesome (albeit extinct) kickin' Playbooks
- CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses
12-26-2012, 10:38 AM #40
- 5,369 Posts
for example i can have my browser open, viewing lets say my website, and also have the launchcodes app open wieving the CB website, both as seperate windwos as launch codes uses app cards to show a webpage. personally i just use tabs for that, but its helpful for devs of apps to show their own pages.
as for pdf etc, im not sure if that can be invoked, but that would sort that issue too.
Invocation is massively powerful when used right, i can have BBM open in a groups chat, minimize that, open the camera, take a photo, view then send to a BBM friend then, and the BBM app is still minimized on the BBM groups page. THAT is the power of invocation, which is what BB10 is all about with the natural flow between apps.
- CrackBerry Abuser
12-26-2012, 10:44 AM #41
- 123 Posts
1. New app icons for browser, print2go, games, etc. Make them with a little more detail and just look more polished.
2. Ability to set multiple alarms.
3. Ability to switch on/off the predict-text directly from the keyboard without going into the settings.
4. quick shortcut to the weather?
5. Swipe up-right from open app to access the app grid (opposite of the swipe up-left to access the hub)
6. Double tap on the asleep locked screen brings up the awake device lock screen
7. Tap and hold on the asleep locked screen brings up awake lock screen.
8. Push power button brings up lock screen.
9. Triple tap anywhere on screen puts device to sleep. Double tap in one corner puts device to sleep (or similar shortcuts)
10. ability to quick-sort icons by name
11. ability to change the color and opacity of the grey box behind app icons.
12. ability to quick-sort icons in the app grid by color, date downloaded, amount used, etc.
13. nesting folders in app grid.
14. That's all i can think of at the moment. I appreciate RIM taking time to listen to users.
- CrackBerry User
12-26-2012, 10:54 AM #42
- 72 Posts
and for the design, tbh, the phone has lots of room to improve. even the earliest concept looks much better than the current look. search "BBX Blackberry Smartphone Leaked" in youtube and you'll know which one i'm talking about. and there is some concept for N-series phone. Although the concept phone designs have DFM issue, but i'm sure RIM can use them as reference. the TK concept is the dream design of most of us and we'll be willing to let RIM to take our wallet for the design.
and we can think of the little features from SG3. they aren't important features and not many ppl mention but these little features will roll to a big drive to ppl to have impression that they're SMART and user-friendly. turning the phone upside down or cover the screen by hand when the phone rings will mute the phone rings; phone doesn't switch to portrait/landscape mode when laying on the bed.
- CrackBerry Abuser
12-26-2012, 10:55 AM #43
- 161 Posts
1. As @crackberrykevin has mentioned, a way to "Pin" active frames so that they stay in a designated space. (weather app always at top left).
2. My favorite thing about the track pad was the ease with which you can copy and paste. I hope something similar has been implemented on BB10.
3. Native ability to add email contact info into phone contacts. I know there are apps, but it would show how much better Blackberry is than others at built-in functionality.
I haven't used a Blackberry in a while and hope I'm not wasting time by suggesting things that already exist.
- 12-26-2012, 10:56 AM #44
BB10 has to have an amazing camera to at least as good as the S3. The other thing that I want answered is how are they implementing NewBay into the cloud. I really hope that they take advantage of Newbay and its functionality in the BlackBerry Cloud because I have been hearing they will be using box and dropbox. Another thing is make sure that TAT has everything looking crisp and with that wow factor. I recently had a relative get an ipad and I have to say they made sure every single native app looked amazing and changed what they needed to for the tablet like in the settings where it shows the list on one half of the screen and the settings that you chose on the other side. The main thing is though that some of these features need to be better than the competition so we can market them out to users of other platforms. Well I really hope you take what I have said in to consideration.
- 12-26-2012, 11:11 AM #45
A way to type suffixes for words.
E.g. Examples of typing
"Let's go swi"
1) ("swimming" pops up in predictive text but you actually want to type "swim")
2) ("swim" pops up in predictive text but you actually want to type "swimming" ) <--Can't use this prediction because you will get "Let's go swim " and you'll have to do backspace before typing swimming
Perhaps change the predictive test to be a bit more lenient that lets you continue typing the -ming (for swim-ming) and like wise with other -ing, -ed, -s, endings.
- 12-26-2012, 11:14 AM #46
Re: I am @BlackberryScoop, and I want your thoughts and ideas of BB10
.swf player so we don't have to use the browser and use up local storage
gesture based navigation within the browser (like dolphin allows)
swipe from the top needs brightness controller and screen orienation
- CrackBerry User
12-26-2012, 11:40 AM #47
- 59 Posts
I want the N series successor to be more like the TK victory Phone concept or the concept made by John Anastasiadis. The straight N series keyboard as seen on leaked pics is not sexy in my opinion. We need a new design...
- 12-26-2012, 11:46 AM #49
One of the most annoying things on the PlayBook is when you're on a website has lists of links that toggle on and off when your "mouse" hovers over certain areas. This never works on the PlayBook even when you try holding your finger on the area while your other hand tries to click on one of the links on the lists. Example: nhl.com, the links on the top is what I mean.
I hope this will be fixed on new BB10 devices!
- CrackBerry Addict
12-26-2012, 12:09 PM #50
- 822 Posts
Obviously I don't know what already exists in BB10 so I'll throw out some ideas.
I think one of the reasons why Apple has such a success in the consumer market is selection of accessories. RIM needs RIM Branded accessories for the phones.
- Media Docks
- Car Docks
- Decent Headphones
- Bluetooth or Docking keyboard (or both)
An inductive charger would be awesome! Place the phone on a charging mat and the phone charges automatically.
- Time Lapse feature on Camera
- Motion Detect on Camera
- Voice Notes Speech to Text
- Speech Detect on Voice Notes
- Ability to Organize Apps / Games in a meaningful ways (folders, nesting, etc)
- Easy access to Recently used Apps / Files
- If a third party app crashes, automatically restart it (even as an option)
- Please make sure that the phone will charge from a low current USB port. Trickle charge should be enough to keep the phone operational.
That's all I got for now. Haven't really given it much thought other than last few minutes.
- By GTiLeo in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 4Last Post: 06-30-2012, 07:53 AM
- By qmr in forum BlackBerry Torch 9800Replies: 9Last Post: 02-19-2011, 11:41 PM
- By mjneid in forum Rehab & Off-Topic LoungeReplies: 15Last Post: 09-18-2009, 05:37 AM
- By mjneid in forum Rehab & Off-Topic LoungeReplies: 52Last Post: 06-04-2009, 05:04 PM
- By 04redgto in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 12Last Post: 11-14-2008, 09:14 AM