Some of you know me as BlackBerry Leaks @blackberryscoop from Twitter.
    With a very small time left before hardware decisions are finalized for manufacturing, and a little under 35 days until BB10 launch. We would like to know your thoughts about all the leaks, images, and information you have heard about Blackberry 10 from all sources.

Also, we would like to know some of your ideas of ways we can make BB10 operating system better. Hardware ideas are awesome, but there is too little time to change much, but please do leave your suggestions for future devices.

In terms of BlackBerry 10, remember the idea you bring should accomplish at least 2 of the following things and for sure the last one:
    1) Improves functionality and makes the user more productive
    2) Places BlackBerry both the brand and the technology as greater than the competition by offering innovation
    3) Brings user interface elegance and animations, without comprising on professionalism
    4) Makes development better/easier/and more efficient for developers
    5) Is Realistic

Thank you, and we are also interested in your marketing ideas for BB10.
    Keep strong the loyalty, #BB10believe.
    12-26-12 04:07 AM
    So, you're saying the hardware isn't finalized yet??
    12-26-12 04:10 AM
    Just design tweaks are being made over, mostly under the hood.
    12-26-12 04:14 AM
    Since when is @BlackberryScoop an official RIM twitter account?
    SlcCorrado likes this.
    12-26-12 04:30 AM
    Who said anything about "Official" or RIM'S account? Either way this post is for BB10 ideas, I know you all have ideas and I would love to hear from BlackBerry loyal folks.
    12-26-12 04:41 AM
    As I did not test personally the beta version of BB10 I cannot really judge on what needs to be improved in term of UI.
    But a good differentiation criteria could be a battery life, build quality (like for the playbook) and of course to make easy as possible for developers to do apps (apparently this point is already on a very good way).
    About marketing ideas, I like the concept of undercover marketing (that RIM experienced already in NYC if I am not wrong). Especially where I live (Switzerland) blackberry is seen only as professional devices. In my environment I am the only one with a blackberry device for personal use. If you can demonstrate that live to people it would generate awareness to the product and bring sales. If random people (friends, family, co-worker, ...) can test a product in a neutral environment I am sure that it will change a lot the blackberry brand awareness. But this is a more local focus campaign. For sure RIM will need to be very visible on big traditional media channel too.
    My 2 cents.
    robkd likes this.
    12-26-12 04:48 AM
    You're right, no words on official or being RIM's account.
    But aren't you now implying you're from RIM? And even more, have enough influence to put our ideas through?

I am sorry but I am sceptical by nature. Especially on the internet. I would love to believe you though.
    12-26-12 04:51 AM
    BB10 looks genuinely good. Any unbiased expert would agree. Releasing some of its features on the PlayBook before the actual launch would be killer. For eg. BBM with Video Chat or the TimeShift Camera. I recently heard rumors that the PlayBook might be getting BB10 before launch, if that's true more people will be lured towards BB10 early.
    12-26-12 04:52 AM
    I have an idea not sure if it would be something best suited for a developer to make or something BB10 should incorporate but here I go. Quick unlocks to open apps, I noticed over the Christmas dinner(s) that I found myself showing a lot of friends and family photos from my phone. Most of the time when it came to show them the photos I had to wake my phone up then enter my password then go open my photos. So I was thinking be it pattern unlock or simply doing certain swipe gesture to unlock my phone it will unlock the app I have set for the patter unlock slash/gesture in this case being the photos. If security is a concern once the gesture/pattern unlock is done the regular password unlock screen can pop-up and after my password is entered it just opens the photo's right away.

I hope you understand what I'm getting at and if this is possible, I know it's not a huge task to just enter your password and just go where you want but i just removing that extra step and getting where you want faster will make BB10 that much better
    gokulesh, DocDRM and xiaohuaxing like this.
    12-26-12 04:57 AM
    I can not tell you more than I am allowed to, but all I can promise you is that your ideas will be passed on. But I understand your skepticism as the internet we have today requires a grain of salt.
    @sahil123 I think providing BB10 to the playbook will earlier will detract from the Jan 30th launch event's dazzle. Although, giving people the option to get the dev alpha bb10 build exact copy for the playbook knowing all the limitations may be an idea worth pursuing.
    randall2580 and TommyBB like this.
    12-26-12 05:01 AM
    We need bbtraffic on bb10, or at least the traffic views within a bb10 gps app.
    alan510, SK122387, TommyBB and 1 others like this.
    12-26-12 05:12 AM
    I'd really like to see a showcase mode like on the PlayBook to keep all apps running even when they're in card mode. (Especially as most of my music are videos)
    Would also be nice to have more camera controls, e.g. ISO to reduce blur in low-light photos, exposure, HDR modus etc.
    What I'm also missing is support for ad-hoc WLAN networks.
    Last edited by Gerii; 12-26-12 at 06:03 AM.
    robkd and zyben like this.
    12-26-12 05:46 AM
    I think there should be something like Google's Photosphere or Microsoft's Photosynth, for the 3D Paronamic shots.

Also, I would like to see some really cool hardware in the future, The leaked Z10 and X10 (and that Y10) doesn't scream "BUY ME! I'M A BLACKBERRY!" like previous devices did. I think it looks pretty much like any other phones out there to be honest.
    12-26-12 05:48 AM
    I have a few suggestions:

- Have the space bar make a different sound from the other keys so that you knew it was hit without moving your eyes from the keyboard. I haven't used any of the dev alphas but on the PlayBook it really messes up the predictive text when words are inadvertently joined. The demos have shown a new word and space correction mechanism built into the space bar but I think it would be better to fix it earlier in the process whenever possible. It's also possible that one might subconsciously learn the position of the space bar if there was an audio confirmation each time. The human ear is capable of discerning minute differences in relative tone so it wouldn't have to be very different from the standard tone.

- In the same vein, it might be nice for a different tone to indicate that a word correction has been made so that the typist had an idea what was actually entered on the screen without having to move their eyes. Combining this suggestion with the one above, perhaps there could be one certain tone if the space bar was hit and the typed word was recognized intact and another tone if it was corrected. Having to move your eyes between keys, screen and suggestions is very inefficient and audio cues might help the typist have a better idea of what is appearing on the screen without having to continually glance up for confirmation.

- My eyes are not as young as they once were and some magnification option would be nice. A certain other phone that I've been using while waiting for BB10 has a way of zooming the whole screen with a tap of three fingers. This is very handy, especially on the newer screens that can display very tiny characters. An alternative to zooming the whole screen would be to bring up a magnifying glass that could be slid around. This is obviously for screen displays that don't already have a pinch-to-zoom. Some developers have certain important elements in their UI's that are devilishly small.

- As I've mentioned in a couple of other threads, I'd love to see an easy way to toggle Flash and Javascript on and off in the browser,. I almost always have them off because the speed improvement is so huge and it would be nice to be able to quickly tap the Javascript and/or Flash on when you really need it.

None of those suggestions are particularly glamorous but I think that as these devices get more powerful and more capable that they'll require a finer tuning of the human interface to maximize their efficiency.
    Thunderbuck and xiaohuaxing like this.
    12-26-12 06:20 AM
    LOL... Bizarre... There are enough forums here to gather all the information you need... Especially with the search feature. That said, if you are here in some official capacity, I wish you the best of luck, and can only feel that bb would have been better served drawing on the advice of this community for longer than just now, but better late than never...
    Good luck anonymous stranger with a twitter account
    SlcCorrado likes this.
    12-26-12 06:27 AM
    I agree that allowing BB10 for playbook before the 30th would be a distraction but I am sure there will be a gap between the launch and phone availability (no more than 10 days please) . In my opinon, that is the time to release it to the playbook. The features would've been explained and highlighted and everyone that upgrades would be showing them off and marketing to their friends. Would also show the beauty of BB engineering and design that a 2 year old device can still be made cutting edge with a software update. Other companies don't do that.

Also, there should be some incentive from carriers worldwide to encourage owners to upgrade to the new devices. Especially owners like me that have been extolling the benefits of BB10 and have convinced at least 5 people not to switch platforms but wait until it is launched to give it a go.

Thirdly, I believe that RIM had data on the previous BB users who have jumped to other platforms. I believe that they should be marketed to directly. Many of them honestly miss the benefits of BB but like the benefits (apps, cool factor etc) of the patforms they have switched to. For at least 5 months BB10 will be the cat's pajamas, grab their attention then showing how much fun can be had from your powerful working device.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    magutwit1 likes this.
    12-26-12 06:34 AM
    Since when is @BlackberryScoop an official RIM twitter account?
    Living up to your name?

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850
    Geeoff, citystars41 and antiRIM like this.
    12-26-12 06:43 AM
    Also, we would like to know some of your ideas of ways we can make BB10 operating system better. Hardware ideas are awesome, but there is too little time to change much, but please do leave your suggestions for future devices.
    Actually, there is zero time left for hardware changes, you cannot submit non-final hardware to carrier labs and that has already happened.

Realistically speaking, even software changes will be strictly limited by this point in the development cycle at any sensible company with the focus clearly going to be on fixing issues found by the carriers in that first round of testing along with tweaks that do not have too widespread an impact where they would have more chance of generating unexpected bugs.

I can only assume from this post that you are getting bored of compiling rumours from other sites and making some others up and would now like this site to do the work for you instead.
    12-26-12 06:48 AM
    When using the browser on the Playbook there is a dot com button I think it would be productive if it toggled other options like dot net or dot org.
    Last edited by lboogie_1971_; 12-26-12 at 07:31 AM.
    12-26-12 07:21 AM
    Bedtime mode should offer to play some soothing sounds/music when activated.
    12-26-12 07:23 AM
    When using the browser on the Playbook there is a dot com button I think it would be productive if it toggled other options like dot net or dot org.
    After pressing the dot button, the keyboard already offers different suggestions above the appropriate keys on the latest developer build.

- My eyes are not as young as they once were and some magnification option would be nice. A certain other phone that I've been using while waiting for BB10 has a way of zooming the whole screen with a tap of three fingers. This is very handy, especially on the newer screens that can display very tiny characters. An alternative to zooming the whole screen would be to bring up a magnifying glass that could be slid around. This is obviously for screen displays that don't already have a pinch-to-zoom. Some developers have certain important elements in their UI's that are devilishly small.
    That's already available on the DevAlpha - use pinch to zoom to change the magnification, use two fingers to move the screen around, slide down from the top with two fingers to deactivate or activate it again.
    Thunderbuck and Bungalow_Bill like this.
    12-26-12 07:35 AM
    More active frames and make some of them interactive.

Take our version of Siri to the next level.

Have a camera that rivals the Purview camera.
    12-26-12 07:40 AM
    Whether or not @blackberruscoop you represent RIM or not, something that I think is realistic and would put RIM in a better position would be to limit what devices are sold where. For example, in Canada, there are way too many BB7 devices (ie, at Wind, they sell bold 9900, torch 9810, curve 9360, 9320, and have sold other ones at the same time). While choice is good, in developed countries, especially Canada and the US, you should force people to buy only the higher end models. When BB10 phones are released, you should only sell the Z10, X10, and maybe the curve variant (maybe as a prepaid phone or discount carrier only). This way when people go out to buy phones they will really only have two choices (maybe three), and the only difference will be full touch or qwerty. This will also help with increasing profit as there will be a greater sell through of the higher end phones.
    RIM should only release lower end BB10 phones in countries where wireless tech hasn't caught up yet.
    12-26-12 07:41 AM
    Thanks I didn't know that
    12-26-12 07:41 AM
    Living up to your name?

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850
    Well, there is obviously a reason I picked that name . On the other hand, is it really wrong for me to question the validity if his implied claims? He has already responded so that is it for me. Guess we will find out pretty soon whether or not he's for real.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    12-26-12 07:43 AM
212 123 ...