I always believed and still do that the best and efficient way to deal with things and get things done is by constructive communication first. Most of the difficulties we face in life is in part caused by poor or lack of communication; Your jobs, your relationships, your social life, family etc etc. I used to be a fan and user of Symbian OS, loyal to it until it was no more, it was an communicator monster. I knew most of the technology companies almost entirely through advertising, tv and radio comercials...except "Research in Motion" I didn't know anything about it or BlackBerry for that matter. I discovered BlackBerry in 2004 in an very interesting way. I was inside a train and i saw a blue "thing"on the floor and I noticed that the screen was seriously broken... I picked it up and started playing it it and the first thing that came into my mind was that this "thing" was really well built and I knew that it was some sort of communication device because of the keyboard. I started digging more information about it, I asked friends but they all didn't know about it, they were rocking Nokia devices, then I started paying attention to the commercials hoping to find more information but couldn't see anything, it was only when I used the PC (Internet) that I became more familiar it it.(it was never they intention to go after consumer market, they hardly advertise) Nokia was magically powerful at the time but I decided to start using BlackBerry as as my primary device, it was also the year that I stopped using Nokia phones. BlackBerry became an powerful and bigger company almost overnight, the battery lasted for weeks, the email capabilities turned BlackBerry a must for businesses and BBM made it Sexy, cool and popular, BlackBerry became the smartphone to own. BlackBerry failed because it tried to enter the consumer world, it's services were meant for work world, to be always available to communicate efficiently and professionally without worrying about battery life and knowing that your communications are secure,it gives you tranquility and confort. I really wish the company to survive, go private and concentrate more to what made it KING!

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 10:56 AM
    My first BlackBerry was that very same blue "thing" and I hated it. It was handed to me after my promotion to "management" ranks and I thought it was hideously ugly. Few weeks later I was hooked.

I hope more than I can say that the company manages to survive in some way. I can't imagine my work without a BlackBerry.
    09-21-13 11:02 AM
    Lol I had I'm guessing a later version of that blue thing. Great phone but couldn't wait to get my hands on that sexy 9000.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 12:31 PM
    Thank you for this post, as a Blackberry user from almost the very beginning I love to hear these stories, there were devices I loved and devices I did not (storm grrrrr) but no matter what I have rocked a Blackberry always. I do maintain a four platform ecosystem but my main daily drivers remain Z10 Q10 and ma 9850.

Lilly's hand stitched Frankenstein Z10 powered by OS 10.2.0.1745
    09-21-13 01:16 PM
    I am too!

BB Z10 Rocks!
    09-21-13 01:16 PM