The way I got into a BlackBerry was just coincidence! i did my schooling in a Gulf country named Bahrain. In 2009 when i was in 10th, it was my dream to own a BlackBerry device. When I see 5th grade kids rocking a BlackBerry device back in school, I was thinking how lucky those kids are to own one! I thought I would never own a BlackBerry device cuz my parents situation are not that great and my parents were using basic Nokia phones at that time. But then one day my dad told me he got an offer from BlackBerry for those working with him in his office, that he can get a BlackBerry free if he sign up a 2 year contract. So I was like so happy when I heard this. I told him yeah get the BlackBerry 9000. So he signed for it and when I got it, i was like how lucky I'm to touch this phone! So I started using it but didn't know how to use it, and my dad used to keep it at home cuz he didn't know how to use it, so I got the chance to use it :P. And I learned everything and got literally addicted to it, after getting used to the bold 9000 I couldn't use another phone because using a BlackBerry was so darn easy for me! , and after my 10th grade results, I fought with my dad to give me that phone, so he told me to take it. Then I was like showing off with it a lot in front of my friends :P. But just after an year, while getting inside the school bus, the phone slipped out of my pocket and fell down. But I didn't notice it, but when the bus crossed some 3 kms, I simply kept my hands on my pocket, I freaking couldn't feel my phone on my pocket. And my heart stopped for a second literally and asked the driver if he could turn back, but he said no he can't, so I got out of the bus and ran towards my bus stop but my phone was not there! I couldn't even tell my dad cuz I know how sad and angry he would be for losing such a costly phone, so after two days I decided to buy a new BlackBerry with the pocket money I had which I collected since 2 years! And then I bought a BlackBerry 9780 which was my next dream device! Then after an year, i collected around 150$ as pocket money, which also took a lot of time to collect since parents never used to give me any money(cuz they dont have enough even for themselves and to look after us), so i had to rely on my relatives or have to wait till my b'day or something to get some money. Anyways, i decided to buy a new OS7 device, so i searched online and found a great deal for a BB 9860 for 140$ on a website where people list their 2nd hand phones or new phones. So i send him my money, but after sending him the money, there was no reply from him, and later with another email ID, i found out that he was from Nigeria, the place full of scammers(sorry, no offense). and i lost the only money i had and i couldnt do anything . But just after that year I won a contest from a carrier in my country and got a BlackBerry 9360.
    after this i joined a college in India, and last year I sold both of it and bought a BlackBerry Z10 which i have been keeping an eye on since its rumours starting coming up. And this year i sold my Z10, and spent just 100$ extra to get to get my Z30!
    And day before yesterday again, i lost my money i.e. 80$ to get a PlayBook. i found an ad for used Playbook 64gb brand new condition with all accessories but no box, so i went for it. i added him to whatsapp, he did sent me its pics and a video and he send me his ID proof. But after sending him the money, he stopped picking my calls. i had around 100$ and thought of buying this PlayBook for 80$ to save my money which i spend for the data on my Z30. since BIS is just 6$ per month in India, for a month and i have purchased a 9790 a couple of months back for 40$. But now all my hard earned money is lost and have just 20$ as my bank balance. I went to the police station twice, but the officer who is supposed to file the case was not there. and i have to go again, but the police in India sucks and am pretty sure i wont get the money back . even the bank couldnt help me right now since the police have to approach them inorder for them to take any futher action.
    i have lost a lot of money which i get very hardly but still this doesnt make me hate BB, i love BB. its my life and makes my life easier. My Dad got a Note 2 for free from one of his client as a gift and thats when i saw him using a good phone, till then he was using the basic cheap Nokia phones. but my mom is still using the old keypad xpress music from Nokia, if i had money i would have bought them all a BlackBerry. once i get a job, thats the first thing am gonna do .
    I LOVE BB :'(

sorry for my long post and bad english. just wanted to share my incidents with u .

Posted via CB10
    miker476 likes this.
    05-14-14 03:23 AM
    Interesting story but its not "Blackberry" that's lost you your money, its your bad luck and misfortune.

Hope things improve for you.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    AidenSurvival likes this.
    05-14-14 03:55 AM
    Interesting story but its not "Blackberry" that's lost you your money, its your bad luck and misfortune.

Hope things improve for you.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    i mean, if it wasnt for BB, i wouldnt have spend the money in the first place.
    yeah hopfully.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-14 04:21 AM
    They wouldn't send you the phone 1st right? Don't send the money first in the future. That's why Ebay and the like work. As for Whatsapp, well I guess they have some subscribers BBM doesn't need....

Posted via CB10
    05-14-14 04:43 AM
    I'm eager to know what your dad did when he finds out that you lost the BB9000.

Your kinda addictive with gadgets I think?

Just a tip from me... Gadgets are also Investments so don't go with the second hands... always buy a completely brand new and sealed device.
    05-14-14 04:45 AM
    They wouldn't send you the phone 1st right? Don't send the money first in the future. That's why Ebay and the like work. As for Whatsapp, well I guess they have some subscribers BBM doesn't need....

Posted via CB10
    no they wont. cuz its like we are the ones who need the device, so we have to send the money first. yes i think i learned my lesson, but am addicted to bb which can make me do sh*ts .

Posted via CB10
    05-14-14 05:15 AM
    I'm eager to know what your dad did when he finds out that you lost the BB9000.

Your kinda addictive with gadgets I think?
    haha he still doesnt know that, once i was using my 9780 while studying and my dad came and took it, he checked the phone and his face was like "this doesnt look familier" but then he didnt make a great deal of it since he havent even seen the 9000 properly. The first day itself, the 9000 was on his cupboard since he found it hard to use and he never touched it again, even i found it hard in the beginning, but later, i released how easy it is to use a BB, and it gets the work done faster, and easier!
    yes i'm especially BB, and other futuristic devices, i loved iPhone 4(my classmate had it), when i still had a 9000 but later i realised its boring and its just overhyped. But loved to play games though, but didnt have money to buy or. i didnt even plan to buy one in the first place. i was all into BB. when i first used the playbook, i thought this device is from the future, fell on love with the swipes! but i never thought i would ever own one, now also i dont and lost all my money too

Posted via CB10
    05-14-14 05:23 AM
    Just a tip from me... Gadgets are also Investments so don't go with the second hands... always buy a completely brand new and sealed device.
    i would love to own a sealed device, only if i had the money. thats why i go for brand new condition used phones. and my parents never bought me any mobile phone, even till now, i know they dont have the money to, otherwise they would have bought for themselves a better phone.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-14 05:26 AM
    guys, i got my money back .

Posted via CB10
    zorgond and OTCHRussell like this.
    05-16-14 10:00 AM