It's a fairly sad day for me. I've put in an order for my upgrade, and the selection I made was an iPhone 5S.

Back in 2005, my wife, who had recently joined a small company called RIM in the UK office, gave me a 7130. I got it hooked up to my companies BES, and since then, never looked back. You can see my BB history in my sig, and I can honestly say I enjoy every single one of them. Yes, even the Storm 1...

I have really enjoyed my Z10 this past year, but although I know I will curse the iPhone every day for at least 6 months before I cave in, I know it's time to move on. I cannot ignore the fact that the support for the eco system doesn't meet my requirements (note: mine, not yours ) any more.

I'll probably keep my Z10 for now, I really do enjoy it, even if 10.2.1 has introduced a slow Calendar and buggy contacts app that loses contacts and unlinks them almost daily...Grrr.

I'm still a rabid BB fanboy, and won't accept the BS from those who enjoy baiting us, but this is it for me and BlackBerry for now.

NOTE: I know we're all very passionate about this brand, but please keep it civil in here. Schadenfreude isn't cool.
    richardat and LazyEvul like this.
    03-31-14 04:22 AM
    Well, I love all three of my platforms, so I'll wish you the best and hope you don't become a stranger here.
    Elite1, 3Dee, richardat and 2 others like this.
    03-31-14 04:29 AM
    OP, there is no need to apologize for getting an iPhone. It is the popular brand and at the end of the day, whatever phone works for you is the one that you should get.

Like many others, I am not only limited to BBRY, but I do have devices on ios and Android and BB10 platforms and they all have their advantages and disadvantages.

Posted via CB10 from my spectacular Z10
    CHIP72 and richardat like this.
    03-31-14 04:30 AM
    03-31-14 04:56 AM
    The "I'm leaving BlackBerry for another platform" thread is right there.

Have fun with your phone. Oh by the way. imore is that way too. Have a great time! Don't worry about losing your BlackBerry. If you are meant to be back you will be back.

Posted via CB on BB10
    Last edited by elite1; 03-31-14 at 10:23 AM.
    03-31-14 07:59 AM
    yeah right. Announce it?. For sympathy?
    03-31-14 04:41 PM
    It's okay Z30man. He is still a BB fan.
    03-31-14 04:58 PM
    Haha. Yep.

Leaving? OK BYE!

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 05:10 PM
    It should be posted here. Not sure why the MODS haven't moved it yet. But I'm guessing cause CB is more of a make BlackBerry look bad (by titles or posts or members) than an actual Fan site

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 05:20 PM
    Divide, don't beat yourself up, you didn't cave to anything meaningful. You bought the corporate product that best suits yyou right now! Enjoy your new phone and make the transition easier by viewing it positively!

Remember, you don't owe bb corporation , or apple corporation, or Tim cook, or john xchen or thorstern heins anything! ... Or any of us ;-). If chen gets called tomorrow by the apple board to replace cook, he will never fly to waterloo again! And remember, if bb suits your needs in the future, you an switch back just as guilt-free! Bb isn't your wife ;-)...... Well.....err.... Still not, even if she works there! Lol
    techvisor likes this.
    03-31-14 05:46 PM
    You're gonna regret that since the new iPhone 6 is just around the corner lol

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 08:23 PM
    W
    It should be posted here. Not sure why the MODS haven't moved it yet. But I'm guessing cause CB is more of a make BlackBerry look bad (by titles or posts or members) than an actual Fan site

Posted via CB10
    Did you report it to us so we could close it? We can't see every thread you know!
    03-31-14 09:12 PM
    The backseat Mod is correct please post in this thread.
    habs_fan likes this.
    03-31-14 09:14 PM