Here's the scenario: I park my car at the fairgrounds. I'm surrounded by six acres of cars. I whip out my Storm and pinpoint my location to within three meters. Groovy! Now, I want to geotag and save my car's location, so that when I'm ready to return, I can retrieve that location and follow my progress as I walk back to my car, via GPS, in real-time.

Is this possible?
    05-08-09 04:25 PM
    I'm pretty sure you can take a picture of your car, with Geotagging enabled, and then pull the picture up later, press the BB/Menu button, and choose "Get Directions", and BB Maps should be able to give you the directions to your car.
    05-08-09 04:27 PM
    You can set your parking location as a favorite in Google Maps in order to locate it later. You can also watch your movement on the map if you keep it open. I use that method to find my car after going to the races.
    05-08-09 04:28 PM
    That's pretty close to what I envisioned. Are there no limits to this device's handy capabilities? Think I'll try it out at the Wal-Mart next time I go ("Mommy, there's a geek wandering through the parking lot with a Blackberry!")

THANKS!
    05-08-09 04:57 PM
    Another Free app is nav4all turn by turn gps and there is an option called remember my parking space
    05-08-09 05:01 PM
    I just use google maps and set that point as a favorite did that when I went to coachella

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-09 07:37 PM
    Wow never knew I could do this with google maps awesome I'll have to give it a try sometime lol.
    05-08-09 07:50 PM
    Hi, guys. Can I prevail on you for some more help on this issue?

I geotagged a photo, but could not save it as a Favorite or find options to either display the picture as a point on a map, or for obtaining directions to the spot where the picture was taken.

Then I tried locating my present position on GPS and saving that map as a Favorite, but the option to do so was not available.

Am I missing something, or is there another route I can try? I'm using Google Maps, by the way.
    05-11-09 04:09 PM
    "I just use google maps and set that point as a favorite..."

What steps did you use to do that, Th30wn?
    05-11-09 04:12 PM
    Ah-h, is it a question of using your present GPS location as the "Starting Point" on a Favorite? Do you have to enter an endpoint in that case? Or can you just save your starting point by itself as a map? I'll try that.
    05-11-09 04:19 PM
    Nope, couldn't get that to work either. I used my present GPS as a Starting Point for a Favorite, and used a point on a map about 500 yds. away as an end point, and asked for Walking Directions. "No Route Found" was what I got back, and it wouldn't let me recall my original map. Any ideas?
    05-11-09 04:29 PM
    Okay, I think I've got it. What you do is locate yourself on the map, then bring the map into tight scale and click the screen as close as possible to where you are. With two points on the map, that lets you save the map as a Favorite. And when you bring it back up, you can follow your walking or driving progress as you go. Seek and ye shall find, eh? Another step on the learning curve, conquered.
    Last edited by Mr Bear; 05-11-09 at 05:27 PM.
    05-11-09 05:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";