BlackBerry fans expect carrier partners to offer each and every new BlackBerry device, no questions asked. But when a major one decides against it, it's perceived as being disloyal. So what do those same BlackBerry fans do? Threaten to take their business elsewhere, essentially showing an equal amount of disloyalty.

If that's not the pot calling the kettle black, I don't know what is.
    10-05-13 11:57 PM
    It is interesting. Some tend to forget, the carrier, is already selling the "bread & butter" devices that are making money. Otherwise......
    Spencerdl, VJMotz and Djlatino like this.
    10-06-13 12:21 AM
    Rogers had no qualms about taking a ton of sponsorship money for their owned sports teams. They made a lot of money off BlackBerry's back when all their Rogers video was going out of business. So yes excuse me if I want to give them s*** for it not providing me the phone I want to buy as one of their customers...

CB10 - Z10 -10.2.0.1725
    10-06-13 12:29 AM
    Loyalty to 3 year contracts?
    needforbbx likes this.
    10-06-13 12:33 AM
    Rogers had no qualms about taking a ton of sponsorship money for their owned sports teams.
    In that instance, BlackBerry is a customer of Rogers. They spent money and came to an agreement for all the sponsorships because they felt it's beneficial for their business.

What people don't realize is that carriers are customers. They get invoiced by the manufacturers. They commit to minimum buys and tie up money in inventory. Their investment helps keep that manufacturer in business. But there's no obligation to do so.
    RH1Pearl, Bsbudd, bekkay and 2 others like this.
    10-06-13 12:37 AM
    Rogers had no qualms about taking a ton of sponsorship money for their owned sports teams. They made a lot of money off BlackBerry's back

And blackberry made a lot of money of the carriers back (bis/bes) with their blackberry data plans.

So yes excuse me if [b]I want to give them s*** for it not providing me the phone I want to buy as one of their customers...

CB10 - Z10 -10.2.0.1725
    Your really going to hate 2014.
    10-06-13 12:37 AM
    Loyalty to 3 year contracts?
    3 year contracts that customers voluntarily signed.
    10-06-13 12:40 AM
    if 50% of my market wants a blackberry, id be more than happy to supply and even devote 50% store space to blackberry. if it's someting like under 5% (and probably much less for bb10) then no way.

this is business in the capatalistic world. go hate on blackberry for screwing up so badly in such a short span of time if you have to blame somebody.
    10-06-13 12:42 AM
    true but,you are paying for a phone not playing professional sports. Lol.
    10-06-13 12:45 AM
    And blackberry made a lot of money of the carriers back (bis/bes) with their blackberry data plans.

Your really going to hate 2014.
    blackberry didn't make that much off of the data plans I don't think.
    10-06-13 12:46 AM
    BlackBerry fans expect carrier partners to offer each and every new BlackBerry device, no questions asked. But when a major one decides against it, it's perceived as being disloyal. So what do those same BlackBerry fans do? Threaten to take their business elsewhere, essentially showing an equal amount of disloyalty.

If that's not the pot calling the kettle black, I don't know what is.
    Why should I be loyal to anyone or anything that's not being loyal to me. There's a strong fan base still. Not in the millions but still. Rogers are no longer loyal to those people so why should those people not go elsewhere. The loyalty ended with Rogers, not the Blackberry fan base. It's not hypocrisy.
    bradu1, R Field and needforbbx like this.
    10-06-13 12:53 AM
    When you announce that you are looking to go out of business I think all bets are off. This is what BlackBerry did -- very publicly in fact.
    10-06-13 01:00 AM
    It's pretty simple, Rogers is going to sell what is most popular. If you want to blame someone, blame BlackBerry for the mismanagement and bad marketing.

Posted via CB10
    Air Force One likes this.
    10-06-13 01:00 AM
    It's pretty simple, Rogers is going to sell what is most popular. If you want to blame someone, blame BlackBerry for the mismanagement and bad marketing.

Posted via CB10
    the nsa phone maybe popular, but that doesn't mean they are the best.
    10-06-13 01:06 AM
    It boils down to consumer prerogative. I and many others tried many different outlets to bring the Z10 to sprint. Myself and many others posted on the forums, tweeted, and petitioned sprint to Launch the Z10 along with the other carriers. Very similar situation to rogers and the z30. In the end, I put my money where my mouth and moved to T mobile. Simple consumerism, 101. Not understanding why the OP would take offense with anyone exercising their right as a paying consumer to express their displeasure in the hopes of making a change. Really stupid thread

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 featuring BBM Channel C0002FE04
    10-06-13 01:09 AM
    When you announce that you are looking to go out of business I think all bets are off. This is what BlackBerry did -- very publicly in fact.
    Looking to cease to exist as we know it today, or to operate as they have been
    10-06-13 01:10 AM
    I and many others tried many different outlets to bring the Z10 to sprint. Myself and many others posted on the forums, tweeted, and petitioned sprint to Launch the Z10 along with the other carriers. Very similar situation to rogers and the z30. In the end, I put my money where my mouth and moved to T mobile. Simple consumerism, 101. Not understanding why the OP would take offense with anyone exercising their right as a paying consumer to express their displeasure in the hopes of making a change. Really stupid thread
    If I'm of the opinion consumers don't have the right to express such displeasure I would have stated so. But that is not the case. In fact, I support the means that you mentioned rather than the multitude of threats publicly made against Rogers.
    10-06-13 01:21 AM
    Is this your first day on CB or have you only been reading select posts by a few very pleasant posters. At no time did anyone at BlackBerry ever state they are looking to go out of business. There's been plenty of people predicting this would happen, plenty of media outlets, why not quote someone that's actually said something along those lines instead of creating something that didn't happen? At a time when it's so easy to find someone predicting the death of BB, this post is laughable at best.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-13 01:25 AM
    Hmm, sign a three year contract or no phone for you! Don't think that captures the spirit of "voluntary", it's a lack of options. For some buying outright, unlocked isn't an option.

Getting better these days with two year contracts.

Posted via CB10
    needforbbx likes this.
    10-06-13 01:30 AM
    If I'm of the opinion consumers don't have the right to express such displeasure I would have stated so. But that is not the case. In fact, I support the means that you mentioned rather than the multitude of threats publicly made against Rogers.
    You actually said "Threaten to take their business elsewhere, essentially showing an equal amount of disloyalty."

So... if a company I do business with is not going to provide the services or products I want, I should still do business with them? or I should continue to do business with them but complain and whine forever. You're not making much sense.

I believe you have stopped using BlackBerry correct? Because they are not offering what you want? However people that choose BlackBerry should have to continue to use Rogers even though they are not offering what they want?

You were calling others hypocrites?

Posted via CB10
    cribble2k, kcdist, mset and 4 others like this.
    10-06-13 01:30 AM
    Hmm, sign a three year contract or no phone for you! Don't think that captures the spirit of "voluntary", it's a lack of options. For some buying outright, unlocked isn't an option.

Getting better these days with two year contracts.
    It's a decision consumers voluntarily make to get the deal. Nobody is forcing a gun to their head.

And yes, 2 year contracts are nice
    21stNow likes this.
    10-06-13 01:34 AM
    dont you mean ROBBERS as Canadians call them?
    undone likes this.
    10-06-13 01:36 AM

Posted via CB10
    Idk, they could sell what's available. They'll still sell lots of what is popular.
    If there are so many popular phones that there is no space for 3 blackberries, they could have one of each in the back or under a shelf for hands on, and have a sign somewhere that mentions them.

If someone wants one, they could order them one. No stock issues or risk.
    There IS risk in the route they have chosen, showing that BlackBerry isn't the only business that can make bad decisions.
    The risk was completely unnecessary. We'll have to see how it plays out.

Posted via CB10
    Vorkosigan likes this.
    10-06-13 01:39 AM
    So... if a company I do business with is not going to provide the services or products I want, I should still do business with them? or I should continue to do business with them but complain and whine forever. You're not making much sense.

I believe you have stopped using BlackBerry correct? Because they are not offering what you want? However people that choose BlackBerry should have to continue to use Rogers even though they are not offering what they want?

You were calling others hypocrites?
    There are more productive means to try to bring a provider to action such as the ones a previous poster mentioned. If anything, we should be binding together as a community to get the desired results.

And I haven't discontinued using BlackBerry products. Not sure where you got that from. But this isn't about me.
    10-06-13 01:41 AM
    dont you mean ROBBERS as Canadians call them?
    That simply begs the question. If the name "ROBBERS" is accurate, why would anyone care that they don't carry the Z30? Wouldn't Canadians use the opportunity to go somewhere else?

So... if a company I do business with is not going to provide the services or products I want, I should still do business with them?
    Hmmm. . .isn't it also true that if BBRY isn't offering the products or services ROGERS wants, ROGERS can opt to not do business with BBRY? I agree that, as a customer, you're free to ignore those vendors that don't meet your needs. But ROGERS is the customer in its relationship with BBRY, and it's free to bypass a product too.
    10-06-13 01:52 AM
125 123 ...