Today, I was in one of biggest O2 shop in my city, Prague - Czech republic to solve some things. I was talking to the shop guy about my Q10 and he took some statistics about BlackBerry sales in Czech republic (11 milion inhabitants).

O2 sold only 105 BlackBerry devices and only 10 was with OS10 this year until now.

This is pretty ridiculous...

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 05:41 AM
    Pretty dire statistics no matter how they are diced, eg by store or country. Sad.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 05:43 AM
    For whole country, sadly...

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 05:45 AM
    Again, blackberry is perceived as a work device, not a cool fun toy. Until this changes, BlackBerry will continue to suffer.

Z10 on Telus
    11-22-13 06:01 AM
    Good point treaker

Say what you will I still love my z10!
    11-22-13 06:07 AM
    That's pretty sad. Whoever is the sales manager for that area needs to be canned if that's the case.

CB10 - Z10 -10.2.1.1055
    11-22-13 06:20 AM
    I guess that this is much bigger problem, not only poor marketing.

Other carriers (vodafone and tmobile) in my country don't sell BB devices at all.

-O2 pulled about month ago all BB devices except Z10 and Q10 and these two devices are placed next to Nokia's 1150 and other "stupid" phones.

-Device price with contract is almost same as price for unlocked unit - about $800 for Q10 (difference is about $40).

-O2 officially doesn't support BB devices. They sell them but they don't provide OS upgrade and all services like SMS, MMS and Internet has to be set up manually.

-There is only about 5 bigger stores selling unlock devices (meaybe some local small shop sells them too) in whole country, so I guess, they can sell about 300 more units top.

I thought that sales are low but not as that low...

P.S. Sorry for my English. It's not my native language.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by senel; 11-22-13 at 06:54 AM.
    thevizer and R Field like this.
    11-22-13 06:43 AM
    Other carriers (vodafone and tmobile) in my country don't sell BB devices at all.

-Device price with contract is almost same as price for unlocked unit - about $800 for Q10 (difference is about $40).

-O2 officially doesn't support BB devices. They sell them but they don't provide OS upgrade and all services like SMS, MMS and Internet has to be set up manually.

Posted via CB10
    It sounds very much like BlackBerry isn't supported in your country and that is why they don't sell many.

It would be like buying a new car and dealer saying I will sell you the car at full price, but can't repair it or give you any support.
    11-22-13 02:56 PM
    Today, I was in one of biggest O2 shop in my city, Prague - Czech republic to solve some things. I was talking to the shop guy about my Q10 and he took some statistics about BlackBerry sales in Czech republic (11 milion inhabitants).

O2 sold only 105 BlackBerry devices and only 10 was with OS10 this year until now.

This is pretty ridiculous...

Posted via CB10
    Was it just the one location cause when i went to procure my Q10 launch day they sold out supposedly they only had 10 so I went back the second day of launch before the store opened to make sure I get my Q10.And I was shocked that the supply quantity was so dismal for being launch day, however after thinking about it the carriers location I went to was just a kiosk and not an actual walkin store so that might of had something todo with it.
    11-22-13 03:11 PM
    Was it just the one location cause when i went to procure my Q10 launch day they sold out supposedly they only had 10 so I went back the second day of launch before the store opened to make sure I get my Q10.And I was shocked that the supply quantity was so dismal for being launch day, however after thinking about it the carriers location I went to was just a kiosk and not an actual walkin store so that might of had something todo with it.
    This was told me by that guy. I have no reason not to trust him. Honestly, I haven't seen anybody by Q or Z in metro, generally in Prague ever.

I bough my Q10 separately in different store and all people I know bought their's devices there too.

If I was in O2's position selling max thousand units per year, I would do same thing - pull all devices and support and focus on better selling units, sadly.

Posted via CB10
    Poirots Progeny likes this.
    11-23-13 01:05 PM