No matter where you are within the phone you should ALWAYS be able to SEE the messages in the hub through PEEK.

This currently isn't the case if you had a previous message opened, or menu opened or scrolled down.

I think if you actually GO to the hub it should go back to where you left off (open message, menu, scrolled down, whatever) but when you are not in the hub it should let you glance all messages (usually checking for new ones) through peek. Currently I find myself often going into the hub and checking the new messages because i almost never leave the hub in perfect state for peeking into it.

Just a small suggestion
    EsJayDee likes this.
    02-13-13 11:12 AM
    Moved to BB10 OS
    02-13-13 11:25 AM
    I wouldn't mind if it always just went back to the main hub message list, and never to where you left off. Usually when I'm in a message, I read it, then swipe up to get back to what I'm doing. At that point I'm done with that messsage and if I peak or enter back into the hub its for another new message/event.
    02-13-13 02:09 PM
    No matter where you are within the phone you should ALWAYS be able to SEE the messages in the hub through PEEK.

This currently isn't the case if you had a previous message opened, or menu opened or scrolled down.

I think if you actually GO to the hub it should go back to where you left off (open message, menu, scrolled down, whatever) but when you are not in the hub it should let you glance all messages (usually checking for new ones) through peek. Currently I find myself often going into the hub and checking the new messages because i almost never leave the hub in perfect state for peeking into it.

Just a small suggestion
    Been said a few times, but 110% agree with you. I don't have z10 but I hope they fix/add this.
    02-13-13 02:21 PM
    I suggest in another thread 3 user selectable options..

1) it always goes back to where you left it like it does now..

2) it always go back to the main message list

3) would be my personal preference.. it stays where you left it for X minutes in case you just swiped over to find a phone number or something, and if you haven't gone back to the hub in the set time it then reverts to the main message list..
    phylez, Mr_F, Innovatology and 1 others like this.
    02-13-13 02:28 PM
    would be my personal preference.. it stays where you left it for X minutes in case you just swiped over to find a phone number or something, and if you haven't gone back to the hub in the set time it then reverts to the main message list..
    exactly what I've been thinking.
    just_luc likes this.
    02-13-13 02:31 PM
    exactly what I've been thinking.
    ...Same here. I think it's the most elegant solution.
    just_luc and phylez like this.
    02-13-13 02:35 PM
    There'd be a cost to this. Every page to peek back to would have to be kept in RAM, so the device would either need more or there would need to be even stricter limits on how much could be open in Active Frames.
    02-13-13 02:41 PM
    There'd be a cost to this. Every page to peek back to would have to be kept in RAM, so the device would either need more or there would need to be even stricter limits on how much could be open in Active Frames.
    I'm no dev.. but I can't see how the memory usage would be any greater then the current implementation... as it is now the hub holds whatever view you left it at indefinitely.. that must be kept in RAM.. all i'm suggesting is that it work the same way, but with the addition of a timer, that after say 3 minutes of inactivity automatically swipes it back to the message list..
    phylez likes this.
    02-13-13 02:47 PM
    I'm no dev.. but I can't see how the memory usage would be any greater then the current implementation... as it is now the hub holds whatever view you left it at indefinitely.. that must be kept in RAM.. all i'm suggesting is that it work the same way, but with the addition of a timer, that after say 3 minutes of inactivity automatically swipes it back to the message list..
    The hub is an app that never closes, so when you are peeking, it is showing the state that it was in when you went to something else. if you want to view the main list it would have to be like opening a new app which would take up RAM, then if you finished the gesture to take you into the hub and it would jump back to where you left off, which people would really not like because it is showing you one thing then jumping to another when you go into it. The best (from a RAM standpoint) thing to do is that when you leave the hub have it back out of where you were, but even then people would not like that because if you needed info from other app you would have to keep going back through to get to where you were.
    02-13-13 03:12 PM
    I suggest in another thread 3 user selectable options..

1) it always goes back to where you left it like it does now..

2) it always go back to the main message list

3) would be my personal preference.. it stays where you left it for X minutes in case you just swiped over to find a phone number or something, and if you haven't gone back to the hub in the set time it then reverts to the main message list..
    This is a good idea. That way most people can have their cake and eat it too. Not a bad idea in the update and like you said it can't be that much memory taken up.
    just_luc likes this.
    02-13-13 03:14 PM
    The hub is an app that never closes, so when you are peeking, it is showing the state that it was in when you went to something else. if you want to view the main list it would have to be like opening a new app which would take up RAM, then if you finished the gesture to take you into the hub and it would jump back to where you left off, which people would really not like because it is showing you one thing then jumping to another when you go into it. The best (from a RAM standpoint) thing to do is that when you leave the hub have it back out of where you were, but even then people would not like that because if you needed info from other app you would have to keep going back through to get to where you were.
    Whoa you might be mixing up the thoughts from two posts here.. I never suggested always seeing the hub when peaking, but then going into the last view when completing the gesture.. I agree two views running at once would take up more memory, and also be a broken user experience to see something, continue the swipe and see something different.. that was someone else's idea above..

My idea was very simple.. one hub.. one view at a time.. you're in it.. you're in a bbm for example.. you swipe away and open the browser or the contacts list or whatever.. a timer starts counting from zero to a predetermined time.. that time could be user selectable or not.. I think 3 minutes is pretty good.. if you swipe back to the hub or peek within that 3 minutes.. the hub is still where you left it and the timer cancels.. if you don't come back to it within the 3 minutes and the timer reaches it's end, the hub reverts to the main screen.. at which point if you go into it, or peek into it all you see is the main message list.. only one view at a time, and what you see in peek is what you get if you complete the gesture.. it's exactly like it is now, no second hub or second view.. there's just a small script that starts when you leave the hub and counts.. when it reaches the end of it's time, it swipes the hub back to main for you.
    phylez likes this.
    02-13-13 03:22 PM
    Yeah. No offense, but I think it is 2 different thoughts combined. The way he was describing was kinda how it works on android and that bugs the crap out of me. But the way the hub is now, doesn't sound ideal either. But it can get better
    02-13-13 07:20 PM
    Whoa you might be mixing up the thoughts from two posts here.. I never suggested always seeing the hub when peaking, but then going into the last view when completing the gesture.. I agree two views running at once would take up more memory, and also be a broken user experience to see something, continue the swipe and see something different.. that was someone else's idea above..

My idea was very simple.. one hub.. one view at a time.. you're in it.. you're in a bbm for example.. you swipe away and open the browser or the contacts list or whatever.. a timer starts counting from zero to a predetermined time.. that time could be user selectable or not.. I think 3 minutes is pretty good.. if you swipe back to the hub or peek within that 3 minutes.. the hub is still where you left it and the timer cancels.. if you don't come back to it within the 3 minutes and the timer reaches it's end, the hub reverts to the main screen.. at which point if you go into it, or peek into it all you see is the main message list.. only one view at a time, and what you see in peek is what you get if you complete the gesture.. it's exactly like it is now, no second hub or second view.. there's just a small script that starts when you leave the hub and counts.. when it reaches the end of it's time, it swipes the hub back to main for you.
    Yes i had included the other post, I had forgot to quote it sorry.
    02-14-13 08:37 AM