I said If iPhone ever got the hub I would really consider leaving BlackBerry and bam. Wtf!!

(Hub & native apps for iOS/Android) NO WAY!!! We just talked about this!-img_20150301_144308.png

https://n4bb.com/blackberry-hub-nati...phone-android/
    Supa_Fly1 and dejanh like this.
    03-01-15 01:44 PM
    To me this kind of says that BB is done making handsets. Why would anyone even mess with getting a Blackberry if they can have the best feature of BB10 on their current smartphone.
    03-01-15 01:47 PM
    ....and BlackBerry sold out. fack man

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 01:47 PM
    waiting until i see this actually happen...
    03-01-15 01:48 PM
    Have a feeling this requires a BES.
    John Chen will be killing Blackberrys handset divison.
    Hmmm this does suggest that they are moving into the enterprise software division and forget about normal users.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 01:49 PM
    Have a feeling this requires a BES.
    I hope you are right...

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 01:55 PM
    I was pissing and moaning until I thought about one way I would agree...

Make the Hub a subscription service. Pay a monthly fee to BB to enable the Hub. Users that love it will either A. Keep spending money every month for pure profit income to BB or B. Become interested in purchasing an actual BB handset to get the rest of the OS features like true multitasking, active frames, low level encryption, etc.

Either way they make money.

Edit: Or, like stated, make it require BES

This could be a huge money maker for BB.
    03-01-15 02:01 PM
    subscription service wont fly for many people. 1 time fee like any other app would be acceptable
    03-01-15 02:03 PM

Make the Hub a subscription service. Pay a monthly fee to BB to enable the Hub. Users that love it will either A. Keep spending money every month for pure profit income to BB or B. Become interested in purchasing an actual BB handset to get the rest of the OS features like true multitasking, active frames, low level encryption, etc.

This guy understood right !! smart one

I wanna add few things:
    a) BES required for corporations it means additional fees --- they would rather buy BB device
    b) monthly fees like we will see tmrw on BBM pins
    c) win win situation
    dartdriver and Anthony_2u like this.
    03-01-15 02:04 PM
    Nobody's going to pay a subscription fee for a hub. That's stupid.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 02:07 PM

The concerning part is that the department might work on the hub harder for ios and android.

Imagine the breakdown in here when they get black hub first.

Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold and Chrisy like this.
    People (in general) don't want BlackBerry phones ^^ why would they want something off a BlackBerry ph?

Maybe some sort of nostalgic peace making gesture before JC asks us to bend over and take one for the team!?

:gulp:

Z10STL100-2/10.3.1.2243
    03-01-15 02:13 PM
    I guess, there will be many jumping ship...............
    Savior4Life likes this.
    03-01-15 02:14 PM
    I have seen many articles saying that android should get the hub or similar for their phones. I think there would be a market. Chen stated that they are in no way moving away from their hand set business but this to me seems like they are setting up the exit strategy if needed in the future.

Passport on AT&T
    03-01-15 02:16 PM
    Nobody's going to pay a subscription fee for a hub. That's stupid.

Posted via CB10
    Actually that's probably the only thing WORTH paying a fee for.

The productivity the Hub gives is unrivaled. If I had an Android again I wouldn't think twice about paying a fee to have the Hub.

I wouldn't pay for stickers, custom pins, or removing ads...but for something like the Hub to keep you organized and productive when you send tons of emails, texts, and tweets to many different people? Heck yea.

 Posted in CB10 from my amazing SQUARE OG Passport 
    03-01-15 02:17 PM
    To me this kind of says that BB is done making handsets. Why would anyone even mess with getting a Blackberry if they can have the best feature of BB10 on their current smartphone.
    You'd think Blackberry would at least try its hand at its own Android devices before offering the features to competitors but it didn't even bother. It just up and threw in the towel.

The saddest part is that I don't even see the move making much of a splash in the Android/iOS world. At best, I think some iOS/Android users would be willing to pay a couple dollars for the keyboard.
    03-01-15 02:18 PM
    time is closed to get a SamBerry...(N4)....LOL
    03-01-15 02:20 PM
    Which phone company is willing to make a good physical QWERTY if BlackBerry is to stop manufacturing handsets? SamBerry? iBerry? GoogleBerry? I can't live without it.

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    03-01-15 02:21 PM
    It's for enterprise users only, not consumer users
    03-01-15 02:21 PM
    Rather than waste there time with this why don't they just open up BB10 OS so I can have the whole thing on my Sony Xperia Z2. The specs on that phone are amazing but I hate Android OS. I don't like hardware specs on BlackBerry's phones but I love BB 10 OS.
    garrett1972 likes this.
    03-01-15 02:24 PM
    It's for enterprise users only, not consumer users
    Source?
    03-01-15 02:26 PM
    Source?
    BlackBerry is quiet, but the suite setup: BlackBerry outlines its cross-platform strategy with BlackBerry Experience Suite | CrackBerry.com

BBM Protected, SecuSUITE, Secure Work Spaces and other BES-dependent things are there, so it should hold up the same for the Productivity suite.
    pantlesspenguin and kbz1960 like this.
    03-01-15 02:28 PM
334 123 ...