After closely following the Priv release, I have only -- to my own surprise -- just realized how absolutely crucial the Hub is. I've been using Android tablets for years, and the realization that I'd have to access 3 email addresses, text messages, Voicemail, phone calls, BBM, Facebook's private messages and posts, Twitter notifications and private messages, What'sApp messages, appointments and calendar entries and reminders -- in chronological order.

I've raved about the PKB in previous threads, but it's only recently that I realized precisely how much, and how deeply I would miss the Hub if it disappeared into the maw of Android.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-16 09:57 PM
    It is an absolutely beautiful application. I only hope to see more improvements as blackberry via android matures
    02-04-16 10:21 PM
    It's of the main reasons I haven't switched to the priv yet. The closest thing to the hub is synergy in the legendary webOS that no longer exists. Having all your accounts centrally located makes life much easier and the fact that you can go in an out of the hub from whatever app your on makes it in my opinion the best OS available in the current market.

Android may have endless features at its disposal but if it doesn't have the hub it then it simply won't work for me in its current state.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-16 12:14 AM
    The BB10 virtual keyboard is just as important too. It's much better than anything I've seen on any other phone. Also the swipe gestures (no home button) is important, it makes the OS very fluid.
    crackberry_geek likes this.
    02-05-16 12:17 AM
    I also love the Hub and I am hoping Blackberry improves the Android version more sooner then later.

As far as the PKB is concerned, 99% of the market has migrated into all touch devices and unfortunately I don't see that changing anytime soon.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    02-05-16 04:39 AM
    Yes indeed . The Hub is the most important feature of Bb10. If they are able to replicate the same hub on the Priv it will be a big achievement. I am sure they must be working in this direction.

Blackberry Priv on Etisalat 4G Network
    02-05-16 05:04 AM
    Agreed. I couldn't imagine handling all of my emails with out it. My Hub always has 9999+ emails.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-16 07:06 AM
    After closely following the Priv release, I have only -- to my own surprise -- just realized how absolutely crucial the Hub is. I've been using Android tablets for years, and the realization that I'd have to access 3 email addresses, text messages, Voicemail, phone calls, BBM, Facebook's private messages and posts, Twitter notifications and private messages, What'sApp messages, appointments and calendar entries and reminders -- in chronological order.

I've raved about the PKB in previous threads, but it's only recently that I realized precisely how much, and how deeply I would miss the Hub if it disappeared into the maw of Android.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry Blend is a very useful feature too.

Posted via Classic
    02-05-16 07:39 AM
    We take the Hub for granted, until we realize that nothing this functional exists on other phones. Same with the File Manager
    crackberry_geek and Oshasat like this.
    02-05-16 10:28 AM
    Same with the File Manager
    I don't know, that one you can replicate (and even exceed) on other phones.

For example, the BB10 file manager doesn't do FTP/SMB, unlike ES/Solid Explorer.

Or even Select All, for that matter.
    02-05-16 10:36 AM
    The Hub makes BlackBerry 10 the best OS above all else.

Posted via CB10
    crackberry_geek and Oshasat like this.
    02-05-16 04:13 PM
    For my use the Hub, the virtual keyboard, and word anticipation all share about equal status with me. No android or iOS based OS, that I am familiar with, come close in either of these functions. That said, as much as I like and use the Hub, I actually think the VKB and word anticipation features are my favorites.

"Dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    02-05-16 05:24 PM

Posted via Classic
    I agree. The Hub and Blend are two very important feature that I use everyday and I do hope they have plans to move Blend over to Android.
    02-06-16 07:31 PM
    I have been using Android since last July and the two things I miss from BB10 are the Hub and the VKB.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    crackberry_geek and fanisk like this.
    02-07-16 12:29 AM
    Wow... an entire thread on the stuff Chen should have been telling people about for the last 2 years.

Instead he's intent on stealing defeat from the jaws of victory!
    BuryLancs likes this.
    02-07-16 12:46 AM
    yes the HUB is a brilliant part of OS10, couldn't think of any other OS that I would swoop for, the complete work flow around the HUB is just superb.

Posted via -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.++
    02-07-16 04:26 AM
    Indeed a great application by BlackBerry. The thing is, on BB10 it is fully integrated into the OS, which is great. On Android is basically just a third party application working differently than the integrated clients, so I don't know if the value is just as high as it was on BB10 there.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-16 04:45 AM
    It's of the main reasons I haven't switched to the priv yet. The closest thing to the hub is synergy in the legendary webOS that no longer exists. Having all your accounts centrally located makes life much easier and the fact that you can go in an out of the hub from whatever app your on makes it in my opinion the best OS available in the current market.

Android may have endless features at its disposal but if it doesn't have the hub it then it simply won't work for me in its current state.

Posted via CB10
    Not only is this part of the reason I haven't purchased the Priv (overpriced). The Hub in the BB10 OS functions much better. The Hub, in my opinion is what makes a "No home button" ecosystem flow smoothly. As well as being able to get to the Hub at any time from any app (or function).

If I don't get another BlackBerry in the near future, I'm gonna ride this thing until the wheels fall off with my...

 Z10 STL 100-3 with vitamin (SR) 10.3.2.2836 (OS version 10.3.2.2876) on AT&T
    Oshasat likes this.
    02-07-16 05:35 AM

Posted via Classic
    Yes indeed.

 Passport SE on Etisalat 4G Network propelled by 10.3.2.2876
    02-07-16 06:59 AM
    Not only is this part of the reason I haven't purchased the Priv (overpriced). The Hub in the BB10 OS functions much better. The Hub, in my opinion is what makes a "No home button" ecosystem flow smoothly. As well as being able to get to the Hub at any time from any app (or function).

If I don't get another BlackBerry in the near future, I'm gonna ride this thing until the wheels fall off with my...

 Z10 STL 100-3 with vitamin (SR) 10.3.2.2836 (OS version 10.3.2.2876) on AT&T
    I am in agreement with you. I ordered a Priv but after more research and reading of the forums (plus using my Android tablet more) I have decided to return the Priv and use my Classic until the Priv or a viable replacement appears. Everything works with my gorgeous Classic, so why rush into something else.

Posted via Classic
    Oshasat likes this.
    02-07-16 11:03 PM
    I wub da hub

Z10STL100-2/10.3.2.2876
    02-08-16 12:02 AM
    Since I see that the rumour threads are loaded with chatter about the death of BB10, this thread has more significance than ever. I mentioned the "death" rumours to my 30-year old and showed him The Hub -- he now understands *why* I love The Hub, he agrees that there's nothing quite like it in Android; and doesn't blame me for sticking with my 'Berry.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-16 04:59 PM
    I don't know, that one you can replicate (and even exceed) on other phones.

For example, the BB10 file manager doesn't do FTP/SMB, unlike ES/Solid Explorer.

Or even Select All, for that matter.
    Yes, but I think BlackBerry file manager was the first of its kind? Then others followed (or led depending on your point of view)? Not sure here....

Posted via my BlackBerry Priv
    03-05-16 06:11 PM
    Hub works beautifully switching between apps also

Posted via CB10
    Oshasat likes this.
    03-05-16 06:25 PM
    Yes, but I think BlackBerry file manager was the first of its kind? Then others followed (or led depending on your point of view)? Not sure here....

Posted via my BlackBerry Priv
    First of its kind? How so?

I found a roundup from 2012, and even then they seem more full featured than what BB10 has in 2016: Top 10 File Managers for Android � Android.AppStorm
    03-05-16 09:15 PM
31 12