using the BB browser (on a Bold 9000) can I access web/HTML files on my memory card?

Thanks
    08-16-10 05:56 PM
    Yes.

The format is:

file:///store/home/user/documents/file.html

I am trying to remember the card format it might be

sdcard rather than STORE above and the the folder where it is located.

aha....

file:///SDCard/folder..../file*.html
    08-16-10 06:46 PM
    F2 - much appreciated. I tried:

file:///mediacard/test.htm (I tried it also with just 2 backslashes)

but I just get an error message:

"A problem occurred while trying to render this page"

Have you any other ideas?

Many thanks
    08-17-10 12:52 PM
    I expanded the titled to try to draw in some help
    08-17-10 02:19 PM
    it is SDCard, not media card.

file:///SDCard/test.htm

I don't know if just HTM equals html (all four letters?)

I use the one I posted is my homepage. It opens in the browser when the browser loads.
    08-17-10 03:05 PM
    F2 - thanks again.

It works if I use file:///store/home/user/documents/test.htm

but I still get the error message using sdcard instead of store. (I tried it with store then sdcard but no luck. I also put the test file in a sub-sub directory on the card in case it didn't like using the root but again no luck).

Using the "media" program, and "explore", what appears to be the root directory of my BB shows three sub directories - "media card", "device memory" and "system". Under device memory there is "home" and then user/documents. As I say, putting the file in documents and then using the above address, it works.

It seems there may be something other than sdcard to access the card.

Again, any other thoughts would be much appreciated.

(BTW - htm works just as HTML)
    08-18-10 08:51 AM
    Use the Upper/lower case in SDCard.

Also, make sure that you are not plugged into the usb cable with MassStorage Mode on. You canNOT see the card with usb cable connected.

I should check - I know it use to work but (because of usb above) I moved my html file to internal memory so it always showed. What program/app are you trying to use it with. I know I could not get either internal/card to work with, I think, Bolt.
    08-18-10 08:55 AM
    Bingo - works with correct upper/lower case - and yes it does NOT work if USB connected and live.

Many thanks.
    08-18-10 02:41 PM
    Bingo - works with correct upper/lower case - and yes it does NOT work if USB connected and live.

Many thanks.
    The CaSe stuff is odd for many of us Dos/Windows folks where it generally does not matter. But it matters in some OS's and even some url links must follow the case or a site might not come up.

Frankly, I can't recall how I found out how to "address" the card and internal memory but it is nice being able to get to files or links directly. As noted, I've set up my own home page with my favorite links. Originally, it went to a my isp's homepage for me but then I moved it locally to the BB's card. Then with the usb limitation, I moved it to internal memory. It comes up instantly.
    08-19-10 09:15 AM
    Is there a way to access files on the Media Card by scanning a QR Code? I would like to open Word files.
    12-07-11 04:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD