I have 4.5.0.131 running on my Pearl 8130.

When I get an email that has a link in it, or one that has an image in it, I get the jumbled address in place of the link or the image.

I've done the suggestions for how to make sure the html is working that I found when searching on here.

Am I doing something wrong?

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks.
    03-15-09 08:53 AM
    I've done the suggestions for how to make sure the html is working that I found when searching on here.
    Thanks.
    By this you mean you went into the Email application, pressed Menu, Options, Email Settings, and selected "Yes" for "Enable HTML Email?"

Any other Alltel users have any suggestions? I assume Alltel BIS servers support html.
    03-15-09 11:20 AM
    I have OS 4.5.0.77 and I don't have the option to "enable html" Or do I? based on all the threads I have read about this it seems like when I go into my email: Options>Email Settings> there isn't an HTML enable option. Any input? OS upgrade needed?

P.
    05-05-09 04:57 AM
    Two suggestions. First, if you are on the bis (personal email) make sure that in options, advanced options, service books that there are no service books beginning with the word desktop. If so then delete them all and reinstall the desktop manager program on your computer being sure to select personal email, and not selecting redirector.
    Second, if the first solution was not the problem I would simply delete the email account in email settings and re-setup. More then likely one of those two fixes will solve it.
    05-06-09 02:57 PM
    OS 4.5.0.77 should have the html option (while in Message list > MenuKey > Options > Email Settings > Enable HTML Email = Yes). No OS upgrade needed.

The above suggestions are good but you might try a less intrusive method first such as re-registering your Host Routing Table (Options > Advanced > Host Routing Table > MenuKey > Register Now) which will also resend ypur service books.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-06-09 05:47 PM
    Hey guys I just went to vzw.blackberry.net and resent the service books. Worked like a charm! Thanks for the input!

P.
    05-07-09 03:42 AM
    Is OS v4.5 for the pearl 8130 only available to Verizon still? I have sprint and last time i checked v4.5 it was not available for my carrier...
    05-15-09 11:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD