Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default How's does everyone feel about BB10 price?

So, from the Canadian carriers I've looked at so far (Carrier Pricing for BB10), I'm wondering how everyone feels about the pricing of BB10? At what looks like $600 off-contract, it seems to be the cheapest high-end flagship device out there. I believe Lumia is over $600 and so is the SG3, and iPhone5 is a given. If indeed it is lower-priced compared to the competition, that may help luring in potential consumers.
    I use BB10...the blasphemy!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    695 Global Posts

Default Re: How's does everyone feel about BB10 price?

Z10 is $550 from Koodo. Its too expensive to justify upgrading from a bold 9700 since I have a nexus 7.
  3. tfp
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,798 Global Posts

Rogers has it for $649 off contract I believe. $139.99 on a 3-year contract.

Its about what I was expecting price wise, at least off contract price. I was expecting the term price to be in the $199-$249 range, pleased with it at $139
    Don't take Life so seriously, you'll never get out alive
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by tfp View Post

Its about what I was expecting price wise, at least off contract price. I was expecting the term price to be in the $199-$249 range, pleased with it at $139
    I was expecting $549 off contract from Rogers, Bell, Telus. So, I am a bit disappointed by their off-contract pricing. I guess they'd reduce during back-to-school season.
    -------------
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Where'd you get the $649 off-contract for Rogers? From their website, I calculate it to be $599.99 ($139.99 +$460). This site also indicates the same (BlackBerryOS.com - Rogers Launching BlackBerry Z10 On Feb 5th In White & Black, Offering Pre-Registration For BlackBerry Q10 Tomorrow).
    CrackBerry Master

Roger's off-contract pricing is $599 actually. I was hoping for $549 though.
    http://www.rogers.com/web/link/wirel...tailed=RIMLBLK
    See below:
    How's does everyone feel about BB10 price?-rogersz10pricing.jpg
    -------------
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    695 Global Posts

If you want it for $549 just get it from Koodo they have better plans anyway.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,004 Global Posts

For me it's fine. A whole lot better than the rumoured $799 that was floating around for a while....
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    942 Global Posts

The price points sound really good...now just to wait for it here in the US...I really might look at getting one from Rogers to put on ATT...
    Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,651 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cjcampbell View Post
    For me it's fine. A whole lot better than the rumoured $799 that was floating around for a while....
    this, could have been cheaper but at least it wasnt this bad
    Primary Device: Moto X
    Backup Device: Blackberry Z10
    CrackBerry Abuser

$600 was my ideal price so I'm pretty happy about it. Hoping the Q10 is about the same or cheaper.
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

Quote Originally Posted by chrysaurora View Post
    Roger's off-contract pricing is $599 actually. I was hoping for $549 though.
    http://www.rogers.com/web/link/wirel...tailed=RIMLBLK
    See below:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RogersZ10pricing.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	36.9 KB 
ID:	133211
    It's only $50 off...the off-contract price for the Z10 is cheaper than SGIII (more than $600), Note2 (more than $700), and definitely iP5 ($700). Same pricing as Nokia Lumia 920 and Bold 9900. I think that's good. I was afraid they wouldn't get it below the competitors' price range but they did.

(an aside, funny that iPhone5 isn't listed under "Smartphones" category on Rogers. I had to clicked under OS (iOS) to get to the iP5 page...funny and weird.)
    cjcampbell likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,637 Global Posts

LOL - a couple of days ago, people were claiming it was $800 off contract and complaining. Not people are complaining that it's $550-$650.
  14. tfp
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,798 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DuexNoir View Post
    Where'd you get the $649 off-contract for Rogers? From their website, I calculate it to be $599.99 ($139.99 +$460). This site also indicates the same (BlackBerryOS.com - Rogers Launching BlackBerry Z10 On Feb 5th In White & Black, Offering Pre-Registration For BlackBerry Q10 Tomorrow).
    Thats why I wrote "I believe" doesn't mean thats what it was lol and you actually didn't need to calculate it, they have it right on the page if you switch from 3-year to Month-to-month lol its all good though, lets hug it out and wait for the 5th
    Don't take Life so seriously, you'll never get out alive
    CrackBerry Addict

love it. it's competitive, yet slightly more affordable.
    Z10 - Playbook 32GB
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    2982920C

Default How's does everyone feel about BB10 price?

I'll be switching from Rogers to Bell. I just feel their mobil TV offering is better then what Rogers has to offer. My choice is in the details, which is a topic for another thread.

Bell is $149.95 ($150) on a 3 year plan. Or $649.95 outright. Surprised at the $650 price considering, as someone else posted above me, that a few weeks ago the rumor was $799.

I wasn't sure about the white Z10, but its clearly my favourite one. I've reserved a black one. So here's hoping that the girls at the Bell store are a little flexible. I Also hope they allow me to switch from the black phone to the white one.

Sent from my Magical BlackBerry Bold 9900
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #17  

Thats why I wrote "I believe" doesn't mean thats what it was lol and you actually didn't need to calculate it, they have it right on the page if you switch from 3-year to Month-to-month lol its all good though, lets hug it out and wait for the 5th
    They didn't have the month-to-month option available on my browser (but Chrome has been acting all weird on me lately), so I had to calculate it out. And I wasn't intending to sound mean, I was truly asking you where you got that number because I was having problems with my browser and wasn't sure if my calculations were really accurate. (The lack of voice and facial features on the internet does make misunderstandings a problem at times.)
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    18,463 Global Posts

I'm fine with it....I'm with Bell but will definitely be grinding Customer retention to match Koodo price.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,032 Global Posts

I still think this phone is priced to high. Us Blackberry faithful will of course pay it, but others
    getting into smartphone will probably pick up a S4,note2,iphone5 for the same $200. At
    $99 it made more sense u have the iP4S and nokia 920 . Same mistake as the Bold 9900 priced at $299 when it launched.
    The 9800 9810 were priced right at $49.
    Watch Hulu and Netflix on the Playbook
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...aybook-690973/
    Caymancroc likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,410 Global Posts

i think the price is a bit high, not crazy high, but if the 3 year contract is true, then that's the bigger issue. people in the US do not sign 3 year contracts for phones, i've never heard of that ever here, and i could easily see that preventing people from getting the device. that being said, i don't use subsidized pricing anyway because i refuse to be on a contract, it's cheaper to just buy the phone, so all in all i don't know why anyone gets subsidized pricing.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    864 Global Posts

was hoping for something around $550 off contract... $649 plus 15% tax is to much for me to spend on a device.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I'd be much happier with the price if I could actually buy it!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,576 Global Posts

My daughter had to pay Virgin $200 in December for an iPhone5 on a 3 yr contract so yeah, I'm not at all complaining about BB10 pricing
    Carrier controlled updates is the worst smartphone spec of them all
    Nexus 4
    CrackBerry Abuser

cheaper than iphone5, so that is all fine
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,651 Global Posts

480 off contract in the UK
    Thats too high, espically given Blackberry's stronghold market here.

Ahh well time will tell
    Primary Device: Moto X
    Backup Device: Blackberry Z10
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast