Do you guys think it can be number 2 in Canada by year end? Are you seeing lot of Z and Q's?

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 09:14 PM
    None in public.
    07-19-13 09:16 PM
    It's not doing as bad as people think, but not stellar either. Q sales are far superior to Z's, mostly upgrades. For every Z, I'd see four Q's.

It's nowhere near number two, but I can safely say I have not seen one WP in a consumer's hand.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 09:18 PM
    Hard to say but I personally know of 8 Z10's and a whole pile more legacy devices. Actually, of my family, friends, and acquaintances, I'd say BlackBerry has 80% of them. Not exactly the realistic country wide snap shot though.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 09:19 PM
    number 3 without issue but I dont think number 2 is within reach this year.
    07-19-13 09:28 PM
    Whole bunch of legacy devices kicking around, and I've seen a number of Z10's in public. Even a Q10 or two. Several of my friends have asked me about upgrading to BlackBerry 10 as well. So I'd say it's doing pretty well, but as howarmat said I don't think number 2 is going to happen this year.
    07-19-13 09:30 PM
    I know in my family, 2 have the Z10 plus me. , and 3 of my friends have a Z10.

BB Z10 rocks.
    07-19-13 09:30 PM
    Yeah I've seen the odd Z10 here and there. A buddy with a Q10. Convinced my boss to get a Z10 after launch and he gave it away due to issues that are fixed now but not adequate battery life for the amount of calls and what not he does. He did like the OS though.

Unfortunately, I finally experienced a reboot, first one. and the GF's Z10 reboots on average every 1-3 days on average. then sometimes it works for a couple weeks and a reboot.

*PSST* Hey Kevin, We're in Wpg. Want a rebooting Z?

A friend (HTC One) of mine said to me a couple weeks back, "BlackBerry is doing all the right things (In a OS) but too late". Everyone I show the phone too always like it. I've been debating about getting the bigger phone. Definitely need a bigger phone with a bigger battery and sounds like we'll get that.

Canada always loves it's Canadian company.
    07-19-13 09:32 PM
    I have seen a fair number of z10s, and a couple of q10s. Never WP, Android somewhat rare - by far I mostly see iPhone and legacy BlackBerry.

I've said it before but there doesn't seem to be the outright dismissal of BlackBerry as an option that I've heard about from Americans on CB.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 09:35 PM
    Lots in busy Calgary! Things are starting to turn in Canada, at least here!

Swiped On My Zed10
    07-19-13 09:36 PM
    None in public.
    Maybe you're not looking. I can't stop seeing them everywhere I go. In a theatre in was surrounded by people with BB10s (two in front of me, two to the right, one behind... wall to the left). I saw people in Canadian Tire and in the waiting are of my car dealership. My kid's teacher has a Z10. While in a car on 407Etr trying to do Bluetooth pairing with an audio device it discovered two other Z10s in nearby cars (or at least some devices named that way) and an older BlackBerry... etc.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 09:40 PM
    None in public.
    I've seen a bunch too, I think there's lots of them around

Posted from my Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.483
    07-19-13 09:46 PM
    I want to live in Canada where my favorite phone is actually liked. I'm tired of people with iPhones thinking their excrement doesn't stink. Really, I truly believe they think there is an app on their iPhones for that!
    07-19-13 09:47 PM
    I'm seeing more and more Z10s. But I know a very large number of people who have legacy BlackBerry phones and have not upgraded.

This issue of who is number 2 in Canada is a tough one. I think that BlackBerry is solidly in a number 2 position when you take all phones into consideration. Sales since 2011 might be different but total installed base in Canada will definitely have a huge number of BlackBerry phones. I bet BlackBerry is now catching up with new sales but I have no idea if it has passed android as of now.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 09:53 PM
    as of december 40% android, 35% apple and 20% BB
    07-19-13 10:03 PM
    I am seeing more each day! Soccer coach. Business people I meet!

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 10:09 PM
    Sorry you are dreaming. . There are a lot of legacy devices around but not many BB 10 devices. Slow decline here.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    07-19-13 10:10 PM
    I'm seeing an increase in Z and Q's. 100 percent.
    07-19-13 10:16 PM
    Maybe you're not looking. I can't stop seeing them everywhere I go. In a theatre in was surrounded by people with BB10s (two in front of me, two to the right, one behind... wall to the left). I saw people in Canadian Tire and in the waiting are of my car dealership. My kid's teacher has a Z10. While in a car on 407Etr trying to do Bluetooth pairing with an audio device it discovered two other Z10s in nearby cars (or at least some devices named that way) and an older BlackBerry... etc.

Posted via CB10
    Nope. I make a habit of looking. Androids everywhere, lots of iPhones and a bunch of legacy BBs. Have yet to see a Z10 or Q10 in public. I've seen a couple at work, but even they're disappearing.

I think people just see what they *want* to see. Seems they're quite scarce outside of a few pockets it seems. Sales numbers would seem to back that up.
    07-19-13 10:39 PM
    Nope. I make a habit of looking. Androids everywhere, lots of iPhones and a bunch of legacy BBs. Have yet to see a Z10 or Q10 in public. I've seen a couple at work, but even they're disappearing.

I think people just see what they *want* to see. Seems they're quite scarce outside of a few pockets it seems. Sales numbers would seem to back that up.
    Are you talking about Canada or US? Almost everyone believes it's doing pretty good in Canada

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 10:40 PM
    Hard to say but I personally know of 8 Z10's and a whole pile more legacy devices. Actually, of my family, friends, and acquaintances, I'd say BlackBerry has 80% of them. Not exactly the realistic country wide snap shot though.

Posted via CB10
    Dude you are banging the cowbell hard. You might be warping your own personnel space so much that I don't think your experiences are representative.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    07-19-13 10:43 PM
    Are you talking about Canada or US? Almost everyone believes it's doing pretty good in Canada

Posted via CB10
    I highly doubt you've been in contact with almost everyone in Canada to see how they *think* BB10 is doing. A few fans on a website who claim to see BB10 everywhere is hardly representative. Again, the numbers don't lie, and they don't paint a pretty picture. BB10 failing doesn't help anyone, but neither do unrealistic expectations of its performance.
    07-19-13 10:51 PM
    I fly twice a month, every month. Most often in Canada and south to the US occasionally. On the Canadian flights and in waiting areas, it's 80% Blackberry..without a doubt. A mix of legacy and new devices ( people like to have new tech). South of the border, Blackberry is shunned....there you see ,Androids ( samsung, motorola) IOS, in the colored cases and Nokia flip phones. The BB's I see are all legacy, and they don't look like business folks, just holdovers from the 8300 days waiting for the next free phone upgrade.
    07-19-13 10:56 PM
    Out of the 3 people I knew of who bought a z10, 2 of them have switched back to iPhone because the z10 was "too complicated". Their words not mine. It irritates me because to me the OS is very, very simple but some tend to be lazy to learn and resistant to change.
    It's a shame because it's a superior OS in my opinion.

Posted via Z10
    serbanescu likes this.
    07-19-13 10:57 PM

I don't belive Mike lives in Canada. Man go outside, take a bus, talk to your neighbours.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 11:00 PM
79 123 ...