Hi I can anyone help me, i have the Blackberry curve 8310 at the mo but i have had a demo of the STORM and would like to get a realistic view of what the STORM is like? (without the sales pitch) Whats good about it? and whats its bad points? I want a hassle free time not like ive had with the curve.

What would you give the STORM out of ten?
    04-24-09 08:06 AM
    You should probably go check out the http://forums.crackberry.com/f133/
    Also make sure you play with it enough before buying it to make sure it is for you!
    Last edited by thinkamp; 04-24-09 at 08:25 AM.
    04-24-09 08:19 AM
    I've had the Storm now going on 5 months and I love it... the only thing I had to get used to was the typing with the click screen. But other than that I've had no problems. You read on these threads how people have been having major issues with their Storms and absolutely hate it and think its a peice of crap, but I haven't experienced any of it (other than the odd battery pull here and there). It's sexy, sleek and fun to use. I would rate it a 9 out of 10.
    04-24-09 08:22 AM
    The storm as my first BB. I got it when it was released last november and i still have the same one since.

i Rate it 8 out of 10

I have gotten 5 people to buy the storm (im not even a verizon rep) And so far they like it too.

The thing that i told them was, "You are going to HATE it for the first two weeks" because you will. The recommendation i can give you is that you NEED to stay persistent in teaching yourself SureType(keyboard in portrait mode) That is the key in my opinion. I hardly ever use the keyboard in full QWERTY keyboard.

If you get use to SureType it will make your life SO much easier with the storm. In the end you will be faster typing in SureType than full qwerty.

Like i said, "You will HATE it the first two weeks, but then you will LOVE it, once you learn SureType"

IMO
    04-24-09 08:33 AM
    Hi I can anyone help me, i have the Blackberry curve 8310 at the mo but i have had a demo of the STORM and would like to get a realistic view of what the STORM is like? (without the sales pitch) Whats good about it? and whats its bad points? I want a hassle free time not like ive had with the curve.

What would you give the STORM out of ten?
    I love my Storm and am happy with my choice. BUT...it's not a "hassle free time" - it does have a learning curve and it needs TLC to work right. If you don't have time or patience, it may not be the right choice for you.
    04-24-09 09:11 AM
    Yeah, although I don't own a Storm, I've played with my friends (on the Telus network) who upgraded to .131 yesterday (I think). It's overall a nice device - different (I'm a Bold/8900 user) - but still nice. I couldn't do the touchscreen keyboard 24/7 myself, but I can see that it is something that you'll get used to. But definitely it would be a nurture to perfection, not perfect off the start.

As far as I was aware the 83xx were damn near perfect devices - stable, reliable, overall a working blackberry. If you had a pain with that then maybe Storm ground is reaching too far for you..

That being said, try it out! I did, and although I won't be buying one soon, I won't agree with those who say "shyte"
    04-24-09 10:02 AM
    On a scale of 1 to 10 I rate it annoying. Touchscreen has to be intuitive, the storm's isn't.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-09 12:15 PM
    Solid 9/10. No complaints whatsoever. I didn't give it a 10 because there is always room for improvement.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-09 12:19 PM
    You should probably go check out the http://forums.crackberry.com/f133/
    Also make sure you play with it enough before buying it to make sure it is for you!
    I think OP was correct in choosing the general discussion. If the question was posted in the Storm specific forum, all the replys would be from current Storm users.

It's like buying a car, you don't ask an owner, you ask and ex-owner.
    04-24-09 12:24 PM
    I think OP was correct in choosing the general discussion. If the question was posted in the Storm specific forum, all the replys would be from current Storm users.

It's like buying a car, you don't ask an owner, you ask and ex-owner.
    True, but at the same time in the general forums you'll get feedback from users who don't care at all (like the "shyte" up above). I would suggest to OP to post one in the general and one in the storm.
    04-24-09 12:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";