All good ideas. The only active frame I really "use" now is the one for the file manager to check space on device and SD. And sometimes weather. I absolutely agree that the default could be handled better, honestly in some cases even the app's icon would be better than the minimized view of some of the apps .
    12-01-13 08:23 PM
    All good ideas. The only active frame I really "use" now is the one for the file manager to check space on device and SD. And sometimes weather. I absolutely agree that the default could be handled better, honestly in some cases even the app's icon would be better than the minimized view of some of the apps .
    Yeah some apps look ugly minimized and i assume that is because of a lot of it gets cut off. Like the bottom quarter will get chopped off, maybe if it really were a scaled down view it would look better.
    12-01-13 08:24 PM
    Well the swipe up thing can work two ways.

When in an app swipe half way up to minimize or put it in active frame mode, swipe all the way up to close.

When it's already in active frame mode, press and hold a second then swipe up to close.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 08:45 PM
    Well the swipe up thing can work two ways.

When in an app swipe half way up to minimize or put it in active frame mode, swipe all the way up to close.

When it's already in active frame mode, press and hold a second then swipe up to close.

Posted via CB10
    Swiping all the way up to close would be like Windows 8's horrible swipe all the way down to close, feels like overkill and more effort than should be required, a quick flick should be enough!

I agree that pressing and holding an Active Frame should put it in a special mode for doing something with it, but having to press and hold before you can swipe up to close would take longer than just tapping X so nobody would ever use it for that.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 08:53 PM
    From the top of my head:

- active frame support is required on all apps

- pinable

- dynamic active frames. You can use them from the active frame state.

- option to go straight to apps or to active frames. There are many ways that can be done. One example, swipe up to half the screen sends you to active frames, swipe all the way up or like 75% of the screen or higher and it takes you to apps.

- customizable size.

- the put two frames right next to each other like someone said, like on that galaxy is a good idea too.

- swipe up from frame to kill.
    12-02-13 07:54 AM
    I must say that:
    Making Active Frames interactable, I'd like that but not sure about how to get into the app again. Current implementation allows large error margin as to where you can tap and get into the app.

The name bar is there for a reason, it allows you to identify apps. Even Windows 7 that ditched program name retains the program icon, you need something to identify the app. Besides, the X icon allows you to quickly kill an app with confidence. I find myself struggling with Android's swipe left/right at times and opt with "kill all" instead.

Animation is something I'd like to see, but too much animation can distract people, imagine yourself looking at the Active Frames and all 4 of those have animations, it'd be like seeing a Web page full of Flash ads, and who ever liked Flash ads? Not even Flash programmers perhaps!

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 08:13 AM
    Animation is something I'd like to see, but too much animation can distract people, imagine yourself looking at the Active Frames and all 4 of those have animations, it'd be like seeing a Web page full of Flash ads, and who ever liked Flash ads? Not even Flash programmers perhaps!

Posted via CB10
    I get that same "Flash ads" feeling when I look at Live Tiles on the Windows 8 Start screen! Too much animation would be bad, I think it's about right as it is for that.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 08:37 PM
    Yes! Id love to be able to make a big one at the top and smaller ones underneath
    It would look similar to BBM Channels if that were the case

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 12:24 PM
33 12