hey all, i am having some os problems so i want to wipe my device (sprint 8530) and reinstall everything fresh. what steps should i take to do to back it up, wipe the device, and reload the os? if i click back up on desktop manager will that back up everything including my 3rd party apps? is there anything in the desktop manager that will allow me to wipe the device clean? any help is appreciated thanks!

ps, im using a mac if that makes a difference
    11-10-10 09:38 PM
    hey all, i am having some os problems so i want to wipe my device (sprint 8530) and reinstall everything fresh. what steps should i take to do to back it up, wipe the device, and reload the os? if i click back up on desktop manager will that back up everything including my 3rd party apps? is there anything in the desktop manager that will allow me to wipe the device clean? any help is appreciated thanks!

ps, im using a mac if that makes a difference
    Desktop manager will not back up your 3rd party apps. Being a Mac user makes this infinitely more difficult than a PC. Short of running a Windows emulator, I'm not sure how you'd be able to do it on a Mac. Is there a way you can beg, borrow or steal a PC for a little while?
    11-10-10 10:31 PM
    yeah i could probably borrow a pc for a little if need be. what about linux? i got a linux machine. is that any easier than a mac or is borrowing the pc the best route?
    11-10-10 10:39 PM
    yeah i could probably borrow a pc for a little if need be. what about linux? i got a linux machine. is that any easier than a mac or is borrowing the pc the best route?
    I don't know whether they have any BB software for linux. I don't think they do. The BB software for Mac is extremely limited in what you can do from what I understand. I can't talk you through anything on one of those, but I'm sure other Mac users will be along to confirm what you can/can't do on them or give any workarounds they have.
    11-10-10 10:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD