What are some easy and reliable methods these days to do free video chat/conferencing between BB10 and iPhone users?

Does Skype to Skype provide free video?

Does the latest version of BBM for iPhone allow video?

Just to put it out there, I don't care for Viber, WhatsApp or Facebook so please don't bother mentioning those.

Thanks in advance.
    07-27-15 10:34 AM
    Skype would be your best bet. BBM video isn't cross platform as of yet.

Q10 - 10.3.2.2339/SR .2226  < α∂∂ι�т > 
    07-27-15 10:39 AM
    BBM video is only BB10 users as of now. I guess Skype is the only other option that I know of. Won't be long before whatsapp offers it i'm sure. Not sure why BlackBerry has taken so long to get that feature cross platform.

Pimp slappin iGeeks, Droinerds and Windufuses with my big white Z30
    07-27-15 10:41 AM
    What are some easy and reliable methods these days to do free video chat/conferencing between BB10 and iPhone users?

Does Skype to Skype provide free video?

Does the latest version of BBM for iPhone allow video?

Just to put it out there, I don't care for Viber, WhatsApp or Facebook so please don't bother mentioning those.

Thanks in advance.
    Skype can be free.... but unlike some messaging services, you have to first make sure it's on.

BBM on iPhone... if you subscribe to BBM Meetings it will work. But that is if you can get someone to use it..

Others.... well you don't want the good ones so why bother telling you about others.
    07-27-15 10:47 AM
    Others.... well you don't want the good ones so why bother telling you about others.
    Thanks for your input, but I find this comment unnecessary.

Why do you feel Viber, WhatsApp and Facebook are "the good ones" for VIDEO chat on BB10?
    07-27-15 11:20 AM
    Thanks for your input, but I find this comment unnecessary.

Why do you feel Viber, WhatsApp and Facebook are "the good ones" for VIDEO chat on BB10?
    They aren't if BB10 is on both ends of the communications BBM is a GREAT Application. But you asked about going cross platform..... and sadly there just aren't that many options for free that work well without having to let someone know that you need them to open their app, before you can make a video call.
    07-27-15 11:29 AM
    Skype to iPhone is free when connected to Wi-Fi and works well.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-15 12:09 PM
    BlackBerry promised XBBM video almost 2 years ago.

Still waiting...

One of the biggest lessons BlackBerry has yet to learn = DO WHAT YOU SAY YOU ARE GOING TO DO... or don't say it.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 and gebco like this.
    07-27-15 12:25 PM
    Skype or WeChat has free cross platform video cslls.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-15 12:30 PM
    2 cans and a piece of string.....oh wait thats voice
    07-27-15 12:39 PM
    Skype is a battery hog for BlackBerry 10 go for wechat video chat

Posted via CB10
    07-27-15 01:33 PM
    BlackBerry promised XBBM video almost 2 years ago.

Still waiting...

One of the biggest lessons BlackBerry has yet to learn = DO WHAT YOU SAY YOU ARE GOING TO DO... or don't say it.
    Which means they should shut up until things are ready instead of telling people what they are up to /at the moment/. This is counter to what some people here are asking for, which is tell us, tell us, tell us...
    07-27-15 01:43 PM
    Which means they should shut up until things are ready instead of telling people what they are up to /at the moment/. This is counter to what some people here are asking for, which is tell us, tell us, tell us...
    They are ready.... you can use XBBM Video, if you pay for it via BBM Meetings. It's not a matter of then tweaking the software, it's a matter of paying for the Bandwidth. And for one reason or another they just aren't willing to put it out there. Most likely due to it being free on other platforms, and it would just be a negative if they charged for it.
    07-27-15 01:51 PM
    They are ready.... you can use XBBM Video, if you pay for it via BBM Meetings. It's not a matter of then tweaking the software, it's a matter of paying for the Bandwidth. And for one reason or another they just aren't willing to put it out there. Most likely due to it being free on other platforms, and it would just be a negative if they charged for it.
    My bad on XBBM Video. I guess they did do what they said they'd do, just not give it out free. I was making a general comment that they should keep things under wraps until it's ready to be released as opposed to spilling the beans to satisfy fans' curiosity.
    07-27-15 01:57 PM
    My bad on XBBM Video. I guess they did do what they said they'd do, just not give it out free. I was making a general comment that they should keep things under wraps until it's ready to be released as opposed to spilling the beans to satisfy fans' curiosity.
    It is a mistake that they have made way too often....

But I think too what they are doing now is a mistake.... the rumors are out about Android, and by saying nothing they are sort of confirming that there is something going on. Cause I would imagine that sales have been hit by these rumors and people not wanting to invest in the "old" technology.
    kbz1960 and Allanon89 like this.
    07-27-15 02:07 PM
    It is a mistake that they have made way too often....

But I think too what they are doing now is a mistake.... the rumors are out about Android, and by saying nothing they are sort of confirming that there is something going on. Cause I would imagine that sales have been hit by these rumors and people not wanting to invest in the "old" technology.
    What if they're working on something with Android and can't flat out deny working on something with Android? Just mentioning an Android project would be enough to doom BB10 further, just like how people said they weren't buying a BB10 device because BBM came to Android/iOS/Windows Phone.
    07-27-15 04:19 PM
    What if they're working on something with Android and can't flat out deny working on something with Android? Just mentioning an Android project would be enough to doom BB10 further, just like how people said they weren't buying a BB10 device because BBM came to Android/iOS/Windows Phone.
    I agree that is a strong reason not to say anything.....

But then if your customer is enterprise.... I'm not sure waiting till the last minute to spring "we are moving to Android, BB10 is finished other than maintenance updates". Just not too sure that will be received very well.

But then they are just in a bad spot and I don't know how you move on....
    07-28-15 07:30 AM
    Deleted. Redundant post.
    Last edited by conite; 07-28-15 at 07:47 AM.
    07-28-15 07:33 AM
    Imo also has free video calling,

Posted via CB10
    07-28-15 07:41 AM