CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default How to Use apps via WIFI without BIS in curve 9380

I have wifi connection in my home.i connect wifi connection to my new blackberry curve 9380.youtube,browser are working with wifi connection.but blackberry services such as email and apps world are not connect with wifi. plz give suggestion for my problem.

How to access blackberry services such as email,apps using wifi network? - I have wifi connection in my home.i connect wifi connection to my new blackberry curve 9380.youtube,browser are working with wifi connection.but blackberry services such as email and apps world facebook twitter etc are not connect with wifi.plz give suggestion for my problem.

I am connected to a wifi network. but apps showing this.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How to Use apps via WIFI without BIS in curve 9380-vscreenshot_1296119883757.jpg   How to Use apps via WIFI without BIS in curve 9380-vscreenshot_1296119890232.jpg  
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    Ask me :)

Apps "made" by RIM cannot be used on wifi "without" BIS subscription. So.. no payment for BIS, RIM's apps wont work. Youtube and browsing are in general use normal/available internet connection. Try 3rd party apps not made by RIM to use via wifi.

You must pay for Aircel's BIS service every month to use some/all blackberry apps.
    Use Ubersocial app (3rd party app for Twitter) which may run without BIS over wifi. I dunno about facebook apps.
    Last edited by Mr_Comet; 07-04-2012 at 08:20 AM.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    612 Global Posts

Upgrade your apps, the latest twitter, facebook, bbm and app world have wifi only support.

Edit: Based on your screenshot it seems u dont have BIS plan on your device u must first get that to get the blackberry app like email etc running. based on your pic you dont, the network icon "edge" will be in caps 'EDGE' or 3G etc if you do.
    Last edited by teostar; 07-04-2012 at 04:47 PM.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,543 Global Posts
    PIN
    T of Beer Please

This cannot be done. You need a Blackberry dataplan called BIS to use even WiFi for your apps to access the internet. You will notice that you do not have a browser icon.

All this is enabled by the BlackBerry dataplan. The BIS server downloads some files called Service Books to your phone and these enable and confoure various apps and services. Some of these permissions are defined by your carrier.

Once this is done, you will have access as defined by your carrier and contract.

However if you cancel the dataplan there is a very good chance that the carrier will not remove the Service Books from your phone. It is now possible to use WiFi for some services that do not specifically require BIS. Email is one that does and BBM is another.

Of course there is no guarantee that this will last long and some services may nenver work this way. You also need to have a dataplan for at least a short while.

Lastly, I have never tried this so have no idea if it will work but, try this Universal Service Books
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,244 Global Posts

Just contact your carrier and get a BIS activated..
    CrackBerry Abuser

You can use the apps on WiFi without BIS, as that's what I am doing now. Try turning off the mobile network, but keeping WiFi on. And in the browser options, change it from AirTel to Hotspot Browser.
    CrackBerry User

I too want to use my new BB curve 9320 without Data Plan. I feel theres no need for the same. I have my 500 MB 3G plan and need some guidance as to how to go about using it.