Someone stole my BB today . Does anyone know anyway to track it? Worse comes to worse, is there a way I could freeze the device so the thief can't use it? Thanks.
    02-22-09 06:40 AM
    You can't track it unless you installed some tracking software on it before it was stolen. Call your carrier immediately. They can disable it, and may even be able to wipe it clean of your personal information.
    02-22-09 06:46 AM
    I had called my carrier to cancel my subscription. Weirdly, the thief just chatted with my husband even though it has been disconnected. How is that possible?
    02-22-09 06:53 AM
    Hopefully you had BLIP installed. You can track it through that with a buddy's blackberry.
    02-22-09 07:34 AM
    I just found this software while searching around freeware. Unfortunitly it wont help you with this phone but for the future.

www DOT getjar.com/products/14403/RoblockBlackBerryTheftRecovery]Roblock BlackBerry Theft Recovery / free download
    02-22-09 08:18 AM
    I just found this software while searching around freeware. Unfortunitly it wont help you with this phone but for the future.

www DOT getjar.com/products/14403/RoblockBlackBerryTheftRecovery]Roblock BlackBerry Theft Recovery / free download
    thats a pretty good find ...i just checked it out
    02-22-09 01:41 PM
    Someone stole my BB today . Does anyone know anyway to track it? Worse comes to worse, is there a way I could freeze the device so the thief can't use it? Thanks.
    That is terrible...sorry for your loss. Good luck!
    02-22-09 01:43 PM
    You could also see if google could possible OTA it to your phone unless you already have it on there and maybe get them to activate "latitudes" to find it. I also know there is a way to triangulate based on towers, but the chances you are going to get a police for to go look for a phone are slim......unless of course you work for the gov't in which case you can write off the $20k in expenses as toilet paper and thumbtacks.....:0

-B

-B
    02-22-09 03:53 PM
    I had called my carrier to cancel my subscription. Weirdly, the thief just chatted with my husband even though it has been disconnected. How is that possible?
    Sometimes there is a lag in the system between the time you call in, submit a 'hold' on your phone's line due to something such as theft...and towards the time the hold actually reaches the phone's line itself.

Most phones have a built-in GPS radio in them; however most carriers won't use this feature to track and recover lost phones...since the steps required in the process don't justify/recoup the cost and time involved in doing so.
    02-22-09 05:13 PM
    Make a Call to ur phone with a blocked number and act like a sales rep for a company like dell and that you are verifing an address to send you the 3k laptop you just purchased. Find out where he wants it and meet him there.

LOL probably wont work but people are dumb these days. Good Luck
    02-23-09 06:17 AM
    my black berry curve was stolen yesterday and it's really painful for me. i need the help of the blackberry community to help me track my phone. either by helping chat with the person who stole my phone and then getting the location or any other way which can help. i really need my phone and other things stolen from me. pls help put this thief where he or they belong.
    11-19-09 02:33 AM

I tried this website (yeah, I replaced the DOT with a dot). The site says the application is not available for a 9700. Am I missing something here?
    05-06-10 03:31 PM
    Wow sorry for you loss, I hope you can get it remote shut off and sometimes a Carrier will replace your phone if its stolen.
    05-06-10 03:48 PM
    I tried this website (yeah, I replaced the DOT with a dot). The site says the application is not available for a 9700. Am I missing something here?
    Check out Buddyguard in app world. Its free too.

BlackBerry App World - BuddyGuard
    05-06-10 07:12 PM
    Check out SmrtGuard (SmrtGuard :: Wireless Backup and Smartphone Security) for in the future. It allows for tracking and remotely wiping your BlackBerry and has a free version.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-06-10 10:23 PM
    I am glad I have insurance. You never know what can happen. Sorry for everyone who has had their phone stolen. Hope the thief can't use it. Calling your carrier to put a block on the esn will stop from being used.
    05-06-10 11:18 PM
    Hopefully you had BLIP installed. You can track it through that with a buddy's blackberry.
    How to track it on a buddy's phone, where I must go
    01-27-13 02:24 AM
    Talk about Reviving a 4 year old post.

Just use BlackBerry Protect.

If your BB is a BBOS7 device it would have forced you to set it up when you first set up the phone. Otherwise you would have had to DL it for free from BlackBerry World
    01-27-13 05:19 AM
    Not that it will help now, but definitely make sure to have BlackBerry Protect on your device (or SmrtGuard). The software has to be installed and set up before the phone is lost or stolen, but it will let you track the phone, lock it, and even remotely wipe everything from the device.

Plus, BlackBerry Protect will back up your contacts and other information, making it easy to transfer to another device.
    01-27-13 08:53 AM
    Keep in mind that if your BlackBerry is on BES then BlackBerry Protect is not supported on you device.
    01-27-13 09:07 AM
    Keep in mind that if your BlackBerry is on BES then BlackBerry Protect is not supported on you device.
    True. If that is the case, the BES admin can wipe it remotely.
    01-29-13 08:27 AM
    True. If that is the case, the BES admin can wipe it remotely.
    05-19-13 09:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD