Quick question. I read so many posts where someone will say the tool belt is better and more productive than gestures. A swipe up is as fast - if not faster - than tapping a return button, plus, after swiping up, there are your currently open apps. Is pressing and holding the menu button faster than that? "Oh, but I have a call and answer button.". Whoopee! I swipe up, and, hey look, the phone button! "Yeah, but I have an end button. Take that!" Besides doing pretty much the same thing as the return button unless you're in a call, what good does it really do? The only part of the tool belt that I will concede had its advantages is the track pad. More precise, not really any faster than tapping on a screen, though.

Let me know what I'm missing. (From both sides.)

Posted via CB10 on my Z30!
    04-24-14 12:40 AM
    Quick question. I read so many posts where someone will say the tool belt is better and more productive than gestures. A swipe up is as fast - if not faster - than tapping a return button, plus, after swiping up, there are your currently open apps. Is pressing and holding the menu button faster than that? "Oh, but I have a call and answer button.". Whoopee! I swipe up, and, hey look, the phone button! "Yeah, but I have an end button. Take that!" Besides doing pretty much the same thing as the return button unless you're in a call, what good does it really do? The only part of the tool belt that I will concede had its advantages is the track pad. More precise, not really any faster than tapping on a screen, though.

You're talking about this in another thread? Why are you double dipping? Trying to up your post count? Stick to your original thread.

Have you ever even used a 9900 or a BlackBerry with a trackpad?

Mods - please close, he's double posting.

Posted via CB10 on 10.2.1.2228
    04-24-14 12:43 AM
    Yeah, have u used a Bold 9900 or any older BlackBerry? Not saying they are better but some people love that one handed use. Your fingers don't have to travel far at all and for some people, it just works. Plus it was easier to text edit with the buttons and track pad, if that's something u value

Posted via CB10
    Wayne_Enterprises likes this.
    04-24-14 12:46 AM
    Yeah, there are other threads where the pros and cons have been discussed. http://forums.crackberry.com/general...t-hate-908918/
    04-24-14 01:45 AM
    Nice question OP!

And so far the answers amount to:

"Coz it is"
    "Coz we prefer it"
    "Have you evaaa even used one"

Ie: there hasn't been an explanation.
    Shadowyugi and kylef5993 like this.
    04-24-14 02:29 AM

It's simply a matter of preference.

Posted from my awesome Q10 via CB10.
    04-24-14 02:53 AM
    The simple answer. People don't like change.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-14 02:58 AM

I'm seriously deciding going back to toolbelt. BBOS is simply faster. And I own the Z10, Q10 and Z30. There is much more precision with certain highlights with the trackpad then holding down on the screen waiting for the highlight circle. Sometimes you need to correct a word that's spelled wrong but the circle pops up instead of the suggested word. And I didn't even hold down on the word. Just tapped on the screen. Sometimes words are being highlighted with just tap. It's mess really. I'm sure anyone here that does a lot of copy and paste from emails understand what I'm talking about.

BBOS has the simple menu button. BB10 is more complex in menus. One menu option at the bottom bar that brings out the menu from the right. More menu options is you slide from the top down. And if you're lucky, even more options if you tap hold on the screen somewhere. It's understandable but you don't need the slide down from the top gesture. Just add those to the right side menu.
    04-24-14 05:59 AM
    The simple answer. People don't like change.

Posted via CB10
    No, the simple answer is BBOS is simply faster at certain things.
    04-24-14 06:00 AM
    Yeah, have u used a Bold 9900 or any older BlackBerry? Not saying they are better but some people love that one handed use. Your fingers don't have to travel far at all and for some people, it just works. Plus it was easier to text edit with the buttons and track pad, if that's something u value

Posted via CB10
    I have used an 8830, 9630 and 9900 and had PKB devices all the way back to the Treo 600. I don't want a tool belt or trackpad or PKB anymore. I'm way faster and more productive on BB10 than I ever was on BBOS. I started weaning myself from the buttons with the 9900's touchscreen. Also as I have stated before I have had multiple device in the family with trackpad failures from completely not working, to being unusable outdoors in sunlight. They need to dramatically improve the tech or the QA.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-14 06:06 AM
    Not that I want to start an argument but curious as to what is faster in your opinion on BBOS? I have a Z30 and (as backup) I have a 9900, as far as I can see the Z30 is superior in every way, both speed, ease of use and functionality. Its all perception in the end though.
    Elite1 likes this.
    04-24-14 06:15 AM
    Maybe more people are used to the tool belt especially enterprise customers. I'm just really hoping that the classic will achieve its objective.

Posted via CB10
    Elite1 likes this.
    04-24-14 06:36 AM
    Let's redirect this discussion to the earlier, ongoing one: http://forums.crackberry.com/general...t-hate-908918/
    04-24-14 06:37 AM