Is there any GPS signal being emitted or retrieved from my Curve 9330? How can I test this? Is my only option to contact my carrier & provide the MEID #? I deliberately have no apps on my Curve 9330, not even BB World. Thanks.
    06-09-15 05:30 AM
    If you are talking "real" GPS (the one that uses satellites, not carrier signal) I suppose you can turn it on and see if a location icon appears. If there is no on/off gor GPS, then you may need to load an app like "Hello GPS" or "GPS Status" (if avail for your phone) and they will show you actual satellite signals. BTW, no phone "emits" a GPS signal, it's a one way street from the satellite to earth.

You can also read the spec sheet for your phone?
    If you are talking "real" GPS (the one that uses satellites, not carrier signal) I suppose you can turn it on and see if a location icon appears. If there is no on/off gor GPS, then you may need to load an app like "Hello GPS" or "GPS Status" (if avail for your phone) and they will show you actual satellite signals. BTW, no phone "emits" a GPS signal, it's a one way street from the satellite to earth.

You can also read the spec sheet for your phone?
    randpaul likes this.
    06-09-15 09:57 AM
    Yes, it's for the real satellite GPS. The location icon is displayed. During a GPS fix test, it timed out and couldn't fix.
    06-10-15 07:11 PM
    Have you tried using BlackBerry Maps?

Posted via CB10
    06-10-15 10:34 PM