hi,

sorry if this question has been asked before but i haven't found anything similar to what i'm trying to ask.

bascially i am an iphone user on an iphone plan with optus (australia).

i am running my own personal business, where i intend to purchase a blackberry bold 9700 for business use.

i am aware that the iphone sim/plan will not co-operate with the blackberry, as i need the blackberry data pack etc.

is my only option from here to sign up with a new plan/number with the blackberry data pack - resulting in me having to carry around 2 phones with different numbers?

is there no way i could somehow use my current sim card/number from my iphone to work with the blackberry?

cheers
    02-13-10 11:45 AM
    you can run a iphone on a blackberry plan just get the blackberry plan and then switch sims
    02-13-10 12:38 PM
    Well, if you plan on keeping only one phone, you could drop the iphone data plan and hook your current number to BIS. Get a Blackberry from your carrier, or an unlocked one - 9700 if possible, 96xx or 8530 if on CDMA - and use your SIM card with it.

There are ways to make the iPhone connect using BIS, so you would have data and a single SIM. Quite sure Google can find this for you in a second.

Does this help?
    02-13-10 12:46 PM
    welcome to the boards. you can usually find what you're looking for using the "Search" feature in the toolbar: http://forums.crackberry.com/f99/how...a-plan-348311/
    02-13-10 12:50 PM
    it would be easier to just throw the iPhone out the window and buy a BB
    02-13-10 01:51 PM
    it would be easier to just throw the iPhone out the window and buy a BB
    Not for people who enjoy the multimedia functioning of the iPhone.
    02-13-10 03:09 PM
    I have them separated as it is a lot easier. I really hate switching back & forth, as well as having to remember to update your bbm status to say "using iPhone, sms/IM me"

Also... like stated before, you can keep the BB data plan on and put the sim into the iPhone with that plan. You love visual vm, but I never used visual vm from AT&T (my carrier) as YouMail (free) is a lot better.
    02-13-10 03:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD