I am amazed at the lack of understanding by some. How can enterprise switch from OS7 to BB10 devices when BES10 and 12 were not released yet. Those companies that switched to BES10 recently were mostly on a free trial basis and therefore were not going to buy massive amounts of hardware. The stage has just been set. The customers are just at the door. BES10/12 licensing fees don't kick in till 2015. Look at what has just happened. Ford is going with QNX and microsoft is out, you have a new massive Vodaphone deal going forward over the next 5 years. The highly regarded teachers pension just bought aggressively into BlackBerry along with the Canadian Pension Plan. Blend, BBM meetings etc has just released. Stop worrying about Chen canceling hardware. It's a necessary evil for BlackBerry's strategy over the long term. As businesses use BB12 to manage BYOD, they will soon see that BB10 devices will function much better due to Blend, Balance etc that the other devices don't have!

Posted via CB10
    baarn and bigbadben10 like this.
    12-19-14 09:08 AM
    Yep, things have just started to move :-)

BTW, I think the thread title should say "most" instead of "some". That's how things are currently.

CB10 @ Q5
    12-19-14 09:13 AM
    We know this but the fact that service revenues are going down faster then combined "other sources" of revenue are gaining is a major concern.

That's what you don't seem to understand.

When or what part of BlackBerry sales is going to increase enough to offset the losses in service revenue????

BlackBerry hates America!
    12-19-14 09:27 AM
    The Canadian Pension Plan would have made much more money if they had shorted BBRY.
    12-19-14 09:33 AM
    We know this but the fact that service revenues are going down faster then combined "other sources" of revenue are gaining is a major concern.

When or what part of BlackBerry sales is going to increase enough to offset the losses in service revenue????

Part of the reason is that they have switched to a subscription model for BES and the EZ Pass program won't end until the end of this month.

In other words, we have yet to see large portion of subscription revenue start to come in yet.

Corporations that use BES will almost certainly pay for support (I've never heard of a medium/large sized corporation make any major software installation without also having a support contract -- even for open source software).

Posted from my awesome White Z30
    12-19-14 09:36 AM

Stocks dropped as well. Someone is concerned too.

12-19-14 09:52 AM

The new service revenues don't kick in until 2015 for BES10 &12 licensing along with BBM meetings, BBM enterprise security etc. I do understand that in 2015 service revenues will skyrocket, so do the savy investment firms.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 09:57 AM
    007 you are wasting your time with some of the folks on here.

Posted by my fabulous Passport
    12-19-14 10:06 AM
    Yes the stock dropped, but as Warren Buffet said,

"The market is there to serve you and not to instruct you."

Posted from my awesome White Z30
    12-19-14 10:21 AM
    The new service revenues don't kick in until 2015 for BES10 &12 licensing along with BBM meetings, BBM enterprise security etc. I do understand that in 2015 service revenues will skyrocket, so do the savy investment firms.

Posted via CB10
    Really?
    BlackBerry stock is down 5-7 percent. The "savy investment firms", as you said, are showing otherwise.

2015 will be the make or break year for BlackBerry phones.

Those other forms of revenue you mention are going to have to take off and do very well to make up for the losses.

I don't see that happening that soon.

12-19-14 11:28 AM
    Hard to say what will happen in 2015 but stocks appear to go back up.

Passport/CB10 on WIND
    12-19-14 12:05 PM
    Having said what I said earlier, I do hope BlackBerry recovers. Tough love is all corporations seem to understand.

I hope they fulfill their goals including a profitable, good selling solid pair of phones.

Two. That's it. BlackBerry made, not Foxconn. We have seen the results of this unions matting. What was it called? Oh yeah, the Z3. They would really have to wow folks for that to be tried again.

Offering various levels of security. From good to bullet proof. Keeping in mind BYOD is vital!

12-19-14 12:17 PM
    Really?
    BlackBerry stock is down 5-7 percent. The "savy investment firms", as you said, are showing otherwise.

Those other forms of revenue you mention are going to have to take off and do very well to make up for the losses.

I think you should look at the sp again. I like other smart investors laughed at the short manipulation and bought this morning.

America hate BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 12:30 PM
    I think you should look at the sp again. I like other smart investors laughed at the short manipulation and bought this morning.

America hate BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    Still down but did recover. So far.

12-19-14 12:54 PM
    I am amazed at the lack of understanding by some. How can enterprise switch from OS7 to BB10 devices when BES10 and 12 were not released yet. Those companies that switched to BES10 recently were mostly on a free trial basis and therefore were not going to buy massive amounts of hardware. The stage has just been set. The customers are just at the door. BES10/12 licensing fees don't kick in till 2015. Look at what has just happened. Ford is going with QNX and microsoft is out, you have a new massive Vodaphone deal going forward over the next 5 years. The highly regarded teachers pension just bought aggressively into BlackBerry along with the Canadian Pension Plan. Blend, BBM meetings etc has just released. Stop worrying about Chen canceling hardware. It's a necessary evil for BlackBerry's strategy over the long term. As businesses use BB12 to manage BYOD, they will soon see that BB10 devices will function much better due to Blend, Balance etc that the other devices don't have!

Posted via CB10
    So your saying a business that got a new EZ Pass License last June and upgraded to Gold will not have to start paying any fees until 2015.... I didn't know that, thanks for giving me a clue to how that works.

Ford - QNX... is great for QNX. Should mean a nice bit of revenue for BlackBerry... at least a whole $5,000,000.00 dollars, BlackBerry would have had to sell 8,000 passports to make that much.

Doesn't really matter who invest in BlackBerry... anyone can make a mistake.

As for killing hardware being a necessary evil for BlackBerry's long term strategy.... Half their revenue comes from hardware. How closely are Service Revenues tied to hardware if only 25% of those EZ Passes were for other platforms? And the BIG problem is BES is the best EMM out there when BlackBerry devices are the target devices.... but it you have iOS or Android there are other "better" options that have additional capabilities (even better security in fact) that BES doesn't currently have.

If the Classic fails and sales continue to fall.... not sure there is anything ready to replace hardware in the near future. Most of the grand plans that Chen has spoken of are years from becoming sources of revenues, or like QNX their potential is in a much smaller scale that what BlackBerry needs. The will be force to limp along, shrinking the company and cutting cost... all the while trying to selling what devices they can.

But then if BlackBerry does kill hardware... they'll kill off the main reason most of us are here.
    12-19-14 01:27 PM
    Really?

Really? Most people buy stocks, panic and sell for a loss at the slightest hint of bad news. That is music to the smart investor ears. You panic, sell you shares, I wait and buy them for cheap and by March 2015 I will make money again. Chen said BlackBerry will return to profitability in 2016. What panicked the educated investor today? Nothing should have. Thanks for the cheaper shares once again! What all the media refuses to acknowledge is the explosive potential being set up.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 02:52 PM
    So your saying a business that got a new EZ Pass License last June and upgraded to Gold will not have to start paying any fees until 2015.... I didn't know that, thanks for giving me a clue to how that works.

Ford - QNX... is great for QNX. Should mean a nice bit of revenue for BlackBerry... at least a whole $5,000,000.00 dollars, BlackBerry would have had to sell 8,000 passports to make that much.

Doesn't really matter who invest in BlackBerry... anyone can make a mistake.

As for killing hardware being a necessary evil for BlackBerry's long term strategy.... Half their revenue comes from hardware. How closely are Service Revenues tied to hardware if only 25% of those EZ Passes were for other platforms? And the BIG problem is BES is the best EMM out there when BlackBerry devices are the target devices.... but it you have iOS or Android there are other "better" options that have additional capabilities (even better security in fact) that BES doesn't currently have.

If the Classic fails and sales continue to fall.... not sure there is anything ready to replace hardware in the near future. Most of the grand plans that Chen has spoken of are years from becoming sources of revenues, or like QNX their potential is in a much smaller scale that what BlackBerry needs. The will be force to limp along, shrinking the company and cutting cost... all the while trying to selling what devices they can.

But then if BlackBerry does kill hardware... they'll kill off the main reason most of us are here.
    Geez I really don't think you know how well the Teachers Pension Fund is known for its savvy investing historically, but hey if them being a pile of sap heads helps your negative 24/7 BlackBerry outlook, then hey they are sap heads I guess. Also Ford choosing QNX over microsoft and all others, well that too must be a vote of doom by a small and meaningless car manufacturer. The EDC loaning Vodaphone $850 million for BlackBerry products and services is also a well calculated screw up by a pile of Boneheads. Panasonic moving forward with QNX another lost leader. What about Prem. The Warren Buffet of Canada. He must have seen a zero chance of BlackBerry succeeding when he handed them over 1 billion dollars. And the rich dude from the States involved with Nanohealth, well again another loser I suppose. And there is plenty more!

Or perhaps they understand what BlackBerry has been working hard to put together and they know the reward is right around the corner. Most people refuse to see it. I have to ask, are you one of them?

Posted via CB10
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    12-19-14 03:17 PM
    Really? Most people buy stocks, panic and sell for a loss at the slightest hint of bad news. That is music to the smart investor ears. You panic, sell you shares, I wait and buy them for cheap and by March 2015 I will make money again. Chen said BlackBerry will return to profitability in 2016. What panicked the educated investor today? Nothing should have. Thanks for the cheaper shares once again! What all the media refuses to acknowledge is the explosive potential being set up.

Posted via CB10
    Wake me when it explodes ...

12-19-14 03:39 PM
    +1

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 03:42 PM