View Poll Results: How OCD are you with your Blackberry?

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • I wear a Hazmat suit before I will touch my phone. I also store it in a glass viewing case.

3 3.80%
  • I wash my hands before I will touch my phone. And NO ONE touches it but me!

16 20.25%
  • I try to keep it clean, and fingerprints (etc.) bug me.

49 62.03%
  • I clean it when I get to it, but I should probably take care of it a little better....

4 5.06%
  • No OCD whatsoever... As long as it still functions, I'm all set.

7 8.86%
02-11-09 02:12 PM
37 12
tools
    I usually am worried about the grease and the fingerprints on the screen. Like I will no touch the track ball if my hands are greasy. And I always clean the screen. And I constantly delete my messages, cookies, history. So my phone can feel like new.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-09 09:38 AM
    I can totally relate, i dont let anyone touch my beloved berry's except me at all times. I make sure to clean it every night, take off the silicone case and wipe it down and make sure all the bottons are nice and shinny lol. I cant stand any kind of fingerprints or smudges anywhere on my BB's. I make sure that whenever in wash my hands that they are 100 percent dry before i touch either of my BB's. I can fully say i am addicted and have ocd when it comes to my BB's lol.
    02-07-09 09:43 AM
    I am sooo anal about keeping my Berry clean. It pisses me off when I get fingerprints on it...and now it has a tiny lil scratch on the right side of the screen...I have no freaking clue where it came from... IM LIVID.

But it's not noticeable (only to me) so I'll get over it. But I paid too much money in cash for this sucker and I make sure I treasure it like a 20 carat FLAWLESS Harry Winston diamond
    02-07-09 09:52 AM
    I'm always wiping it down and nobody can use it.

02-07-09 09:52 AM
    Someone has to represent for those non-OCD among us:

I really do not care what the thing looks like as long as it works.

I do not wash my hands before using it.

I do not constantly clean it. (Many of you would go into seizures
    if you saw my phone right now)

I do not consider the health or propensity for germ spreading
    before letting someone else use it.

I don't have this "no one can touch my phone" mindset.

Really people, it's a phone. Not a family heirloom. Not a priceless
    jewel. Not a rare archaeological treasure. Not a...............
    02-07-09 10:37 AM
    I am not the least bit OCD about my Curve.

I suppose it's a product of my background in Forensics, but I actually like looking at fingerprints on my phone. In fact, I find myself using oblique lighting techniques to help me examine the ridge details when I spot a nice impression on the screen. =)

I lifted quite a few prints off of my Motorola ROKR when I had it, but I won't try it with my Curve due to the fact that the powder could easily screw up the trackball/buttons.
    02-07-09 12:15 PM
    I do not like smudges and I hate it when people ask if they can you my phone to call someone...I just ask them if they think they can handle it...pretty good deterent.

Most people take one look at it and say:
    "I can't even figure out how to make a call."

As far as keeping it clean goes;
    -microfiber every day
    -sticky note the screen after I take my cover off
    -actually clean the inside of the battery cover
    -Cue Tip the speaker and ear piece

help please
    02-07-09 12:32 PM
    I am not OCD, but definitely do take care in keeping the screen clean, and very careful not to drop my phone (which has never happened at all, since first day owning it, June 08!)

02-07-09 12:48 PM
    Thanks AG--for keeping us grounded . I know, its JUST a phone. I guess I just feel compelled to keep it nice and taken care of. I look at my phone like a piece of jewelry--its valuable and should be treated as such.
    02-07-09 03:22 PM
    I think I am like any other person on this forum. I am constantly wiping off my BB with a lens cloth. I have a protector lens and a hard case on my phone and another case that my phone fits into. I am very worried about scratches, to me that would just ruin my pretty BB.

I always clean out the inside before I go to bed at night and check the track ball frequently. I plan on having my phone for a while and just like a computer you have to keep it up to par.

I love my BlackBerry and addicted to Crackberry ****
    02-07-09 03:36 PM
    I do not like smudges and I hate it when people ask if they can you my phone to call someone...I just ask them if they think they can handle it...pretty good deterent.

Most people take one look at it and say:
    "I can't even figure out how to make a call."

As far as keeping it clean goes;
    -microfiber every day
    -sticky note the screen after I take my cover off
    -actually clean the inside of the battery cover
    -Cue Tip the speaker and ear piece

help please

Ohh, I like that! most people wouldn't know how to use it. Hmmm, never thought about the microfiber. Just grabbed one from my camera bag and wow, what a better way to clean it.
    02-07-09 05:40 PM
    I'm prettt OCD with my BB. I'm OCD about everything though. I've gotten better since I got a hard case for it, I don't mind smudges on that but I'm constantly wiping the screen even though I've got a screen protector on it. I wipe it down with a wipie every day. My daughter likes grabbing my BB and playing games or texting and it drives me nuts! Although I do love watching a future crackberry addict in the making. She just doesn't properly close out of the apps like I'd like for her to... LOL!

02-11-09 02:12 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD