I was able to connect today to my secured, home, linksys router.

I couldn't get access last night (first day of ownership of new 9700). I entered the routers security code last night. Didn't do anything today. Started the search for router and got to the point I considered a problem where the BB generates a PIN number and tells me I have to enter it into the router.

Well today I did as I did last night which was ignore the enter PIN request and to my surprise the BB wifi connected to my home linksys. Keep in mind I didn't change anything, last night I saved my linksys router to the BB and used that today.

Why does it tell me to enter a PIN number into my router, when I thought all I would have to do is give the BB my routers security number and that would be all, well that is what eventually happened as I have yet to enter the BB supplied PIN into my linksys.

Regards, Mike
    02-05-10 07:59 AM
    That's Linksys' Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) kicking in; I had the same problem.

Just add it manually.
    02-05-10 08:47 AM
    That's Linksys' Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) kicking in; I had the same problem.

Just add it manually.
    Wifi is working off my home linksys, I was just trying to better understand the reason it told me to enter the BB generated PIN into my router when it turned out didn't need to done as it is now connected.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-10 09:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD