Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. asquires2006's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    6 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default How to send Videos on a Curve

    Hi all...I have a Curve 8320 on T-Mobile, and want to figure out how to send a video file through MMS. I have tried everything including downloading the upgraded sofware which still does not allow. Is there a 3rd party application that allows sending video through MMS, or what does one do....

    Thanks
  2. 12MaNy's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    7,366 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,514 Global Posts
    PIN
    nacle of sarcasm
    #2  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by asquires2006 View Post
    Hi all...I have a Curve 8320 on T-Mobile, and want to figure out how to send a video file through MMS. I have tried everything including downloading the upgraded sofware which still does not allow. Is there a 3rd party application that allows sending video through MMS, or what does one do....

    Thanks
    BB's don't do MMS. I do this as a workaround: Click "Send As Email", then type in the desired phone #, then the recipient's provider MMS address. If I was sending a vid to someone on Sprint, it would look like this: number@pm.sprint.com

    You just have to find out what the provider's MMS address is. Hope that helps.
    Last edited by 1 2 MaNy; 10-01-2008 at 11:14 AM.
  3. asquires2006's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    6 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

    Default

    I tried to attach a file, but keeps defaulting to picture folder and looking for a .jpg. Wont let me go anywhere else but in pictures.
  4. asquires2006's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    6 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

    Default

    I also just tried highlighting video, no way to send as an email either.
  5. 12MaNy's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    7,366 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,514 Global Posts
    PIN
    nacle of sarcasm
    #5  

    Default

    Set your Video Camera to MMS mode first: VIDEO CAMERA/OPTIONS/VIDEO FORMAT/MMS MODE (176 X144), then go to: MEDIA/VIDEOS/ALL VIDEOS, highlight the video that you want to send and hit: MENU/SEND AS EMAIL, then enter the # plus address there.
    Last edited by 1 2 MaNy; 10-01-2008 at 03:29 PM.
  6. Ter1990's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    320 Posts
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1 2 MaNy View Post
    BB's don't do MMS. I do this as a workaround: Click "Send As Email", then type in the desired phone #, then the recipient's provider MMS address. If I was sending a vid to someone on Sprint, it would look like this: number@pm.sprint.com

    You just have to find out what the provider's MMS address is. Hope that helps.
    The Alltel Curve does MMS.
  7. JStiner's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    847 Posts
    Global Posts
    865 Global Posts
    #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1 2 MaNy View Post
    BB's don't do MMS. I do this as a workaround: Click "Send As Email", then type in the desired phone #, then the recipient's provider MMS address. If I was sending a vid to someone on Sprint, it would look like this: number@pm.sprint.com

    You just have to find out what the provider's MMS address is. Hope that helps.
    Correction.... Some BB's don't do MMS.

    My 8330 with USCC Does.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  8. asquires2006's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    6 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

    Default

    I dont have a video camera. I am with T-mobile.
  9. 12MaNy's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    7,366 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,514 Global Posts
    PIN
    nacle of sarcasm
    #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by asquires2006 View Post
    I dont have a video camera. I am with T-mobile.
    An upgrade to 4.5.0.81 will fix that.
  10. 12MaNy's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    7,366 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,514 Global Posts
    PIN
    nacle of sarcasm
    #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ter1990 View Post
    The Alltel Curve does MMS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jstiner View Post
    Correction.... Some BB's don't do MMS.

    My 8330 with USCC Does.
    Ok, what I meant to say is most BB's don't do MMS, including T-Moble Curves. So, seeing as how asquire2006 is with T-Mobile, the workaround is probably the best option.
  11. Ter1990's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    320 Posts
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    #11  

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by 1 2 MaNy View Post
    Ok, what I meant to say is most BB's don't do MMS, including T-Moble Curves. So, seeing as how asquire2006 is with T-Mobile, the workaround is probably the best option.
    Just keeping you in line...
  12. asquires2006's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    6 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

    Default

    I cant do the work around either, there is no option for attaching video in an email...keeps forcing me to attach a picture and .jpg or .gif extension. And defaults for picture folder. tried placing video in picture folder, but its looking for a picture format extension.

Posting Permissions