What about getting the Z10 in the hands of celebrities?? Once the younger crowd sees "so and so" with one, they will want to switch. Why do you think the iPhone became so popular, it's because it was the "cool" thing to have. Blackberry's are more of a business phone and are tailored to a different crowd. But to gain market shares, they want to change the perception and make it cool again and once these celebrities start using them, iPhones and Andorids will start to drop and BBRY will start to gain users.
    That's being done. One of the better ones has been music producer Russell Simmons, who was given early access and raved about it. British actor/techie Stephen Fry also had some very kind things to say about the Z10 before launch.

Using celebrities can be a very effective way to promote a product, no question, but it requires a surprising degree of care. For one thing, you can't overdo it, or it erodes the credibility of your other marketing efforts. For another, you have to choose the right celebrities; Justin Bieber would absolutely influence a lot of potential young buyers, but many people would actually be turned off the brand if they heard he was promoting it. The OP suggests Obama, but so many people dislike him just for natural political reasons that it would turn them away as well.

...and much as I'm a Big Bang Theory fan, their product placements tend to be "on set" stuff (Alienware computers figure prominently, for instance). The only time gadgets make it into the script tends to be when they're the object of ridicule; maybe not the best exposure.
    SF71 likes this.
    03-04-13 11:40 AM
    ...and much as I'm a Big Bang Theory fan, their product placements tend to be "on set" stuff (Alienware computers figure prominently, for instance). The only time gadgets make it into the script tends to be when they're the object of ridicule; maybe not the best exposure.
    All depends on how much they pay to put it there.
    maddie1128 and kfh227 like this.
    03-04-13 11:43 AM
    As a Blackberry fan as well as a Big Bang fan, I also like this one.
    maddie1128 and kfh227 like this.
    03-04-13 01:01 PM
    Another television marketing idea would be to have some sort of security check with email on Parks and Recreation and everybody fails except for Ron, who calmly explains that he told everyone to upgrade to the Z10 for its security before the test. The other person who has a Z10 is Tom, because he needs it to look hip at his Rent-A-Swag store.
    03-04-13 01:07 PM
    I don't particularly like The Neighbors, but they could do a tie-in there with the alien neighbors stating that they were surprised that earth had finally created a phone to their technology standards.
    03-04-13 01:09 PM
    Forum golden rule number 2: don't talk about politics

Posted via CB10
    jordandrews90 likes this.
    03-04-13 02:58 PM
    Can we get this thread closed? It's not only pointless but offensive.
    03-04-13 03:28 PM
    Can we get this thread closed? It's not only pointless but offensive.
    Ive been keeping an eye on it, and it has turned into something else, basically product placement ideas. Lets continue with that thread of discussion and leave the political talk alone.
    darkehawke likes this.
    03-04-13 05:02 PM
    Ive been keeping an eye on it, and it has turned into something else, basically product placement ideas. Lets continue with that thread of discussion and leave the political talk alone.
    Good looks, thanks for keeping the forums relevant to blackberry.
    03-04-13 06:54 PM
    If I was in Marketing for BlackBerry, I would get Sheldon on The Big Bang Theory to use one. And then after he goes into some monologue on how superior the OS is on the device, Penny should walk in with her own Z10 doing a BBM chat with Bernadette and Amy.
    THIS
    03-04-13 07:16 PM
    No, deleting. sorry for even thinking aobut feeding the troll.
    03-04-13 07:17 PM
    I would also make sure by the end of the episode everyone else has a Z10 except for Raj. And the last scene will be him talking alone to himself and Siri.
    He has to be drunk to talk to Siri
    03-04-13 07:20 PM
    Hey, let's mix religion and economics into the discussion too! /eyeroll
    03-04-13 08:15 PM
    Lets move the discussion here, and keep it to product placement
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...3/#post8071620
    jordandrews90 likes this.
    03-05-13 06:51 AM
39 12