Is it possible to tell what is running currently on my curve? I am seeing a leak I think. I am at 18k right now. About 6 hours ago I was at 24. That is a leak, right?

Sorry for the ignorance but I am not sure what to do to figure out what is causing it. Whatever it is I would like to remove and try a diff app or go without.

Thanks

Tremortality
    01-18-09 05:18 PM
    Is it possible to tell what is running currently on my curve? I am seeing a leak I think. I am at 18k right now. About 6 hours ago I was at 24. That is a leak, right?

Sorry for the ignorance but I am not sure what to do to figure out what is causing it. Whatever it is I would like to remove and try a diff app or go without.

Thanks

Tremortality
    Have you tried a battery pull?
    01-18-09 05:37 PM
    Or use left alt and your back button you can scroll through running apps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-18-09 05:46 PM
    thanks for the info, I had the same question... tried it and was amazed how many apps I thought I had closed that were still running!
    01-18-09 05:49 PM
    Or use left alt and your back button you can scroll through running apps.

Thanks! Learn somethin new everyday!

01-18-09 05:51 PM
    When I tried left alt and back it looks like its going to application switcher? is that right. When I did it I saw phone, browser, home, messenger, messages......... Help?
    01-18-09 06:18 PM
    Yes its the same as alt tab on a pc. But with it you can go to apps you did not close and close them.

01-18-09 06:24 PM
    When I tried left alt and back it looks like its going to application switcher? is that right. When I did it I saw phone, browser, home, messenger, messages......... Help?
    Those apps you listed are the ones that run all the time. You can't really close those.
    01-18-09 06:25 PM
    Have you tried a battery pull?
    Saves time. However, I usually have a few that were left open. Some since this morning
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 01-18-09 at 06:33 PM.
    01-18-09 06:29 PM
    OH I see. I thought I was doing it wrong. It looks the same when I switch apps. Fair enough I guess nothing else is running but my memory is slowly dropping. Will pull the battery but I hoped to find which one it was.

Thanks again
    01-18-09 06:30 PM
    OH I see. I thought I was doing it wrong. It looks the same when I switch apps. Fair enough I guess nothing else is running but my memory is slowly dropping. Will pull the battery but I hoped to find which one it was.

Thanks again
    I revised my statement. I have a tendency like others to not close out apps correctly.
    01-18-09 06:35 PM

Thanks

Tremortality

No, that is typical memory use. Your BlackBerry will use memory, 10 Mb is typical. The internal memory manager will keep it pretty stable at that point.

The problem start when your file free memory drop into the Device Reserved Memory limit. On earlier OS versions, it was 12-15 Mb. The upgrade to v4.5xx allows you to set 5 Mb.

Technically, a memory leak occures when memory is allocated as requested, but not returned to free memory. The reason is simple, sloppy coding, lacking attention to details. You will not find that in Research in Motion code.
    01-18-09 07:01 PM
    Thanks for the explanation Reed. I did follow your post the other day on how to free some up, worked great btw - thanks
    01-18-09 07:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";