I did a back up and and starting syncing some playlists onto my 8320 and it says that I had an error on my media card. No big deal since I just did a back up thinking that the media card contents were backed up as well. I reformatted the card and did a restore...BAM! Everything I had on the card was gone!...apparently when you do a back up it does not back up the media card? I was pretty frustrated about this...it's a good thing I didn't have anything super important on the card besides pics and music but I was still disappointed. Did I do something wrong with the back up or do I need to back up the media card separately?
    09-29-09 10:39 AM
    Best way to backup your media card is directly to your PC via the USB cable. Next best is to remove it and use a card reader to make your backup.
    09-29-09 10:41 AM
    Best way to backup your media card is directly to your PC via the USB cable. Next best is to remove it and use a card reader to make your backup.
    +1....just keep in mind if you have something wrong with your card, copying stuff off and then back on will put the same problems back.
    09-29-09 10:44 AM
    further... if you do copy everything off to your PC that would be the perfect time to format the mSD card in your blackberry.
    09-29-09 10:58 AM
    Correct, and whenever you format your card, whatever data that was previously on there will go away... just so you know.
    When I switched from my Razr to my BB, I hooked the Razr into my PC, pulled everything I wanted to keep off of it and put it in a folder on my desktop, I then put the media card in my BB, re-formatted it, plugged it into my PC, then cut and pasted everything into it's place on the media card. Worked perfectly!
    09-29-09 11:04 AM
    Okay...so when I do a back up via USB from my computer to BB that does not save the media card? How would I go about saving the media card?
    09-29-09 11:05 AM
    You are correct. When you do a back up from Desktop Manger, it does NOT back up your SD card.

What I've done is to go to Homescreen/Options/Memory and auto enable mass storage mode when connected (this is what OS.230 says on my Tour). That way, when I plug my Tour into the USB cable, up pops a Windows autoplay window that makes it looks like I've just plugged in a USB memory stick. I just open the folder to view the files, and then use windows explorer to copy what I want to back up to my computer.

Hope this helps.
    09-29-09 11:16 AM
    I would say easiest way is to plug in blackberry and launch mass media then just copy and paste everything to your pc once it launches

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-09 11:18 AM
    Awesome! Now I know! Just stinks that I had to lose a bunch of photos in the process, but at least I just got the phone 2 weeks ago so there wasn't that much on there.

Thank you for the advice!
    09-29-09 11:20 AM
    That's correct. When you plug in your BB it should ask you if you want to enable Mass Storage Mode, select yes on your BB, and then a window should pop up on your PC where you want to open folder to view files. From here you can select everything, copy and then paste it into a folder on your PC desktop.
    When you do the backup using Desktop Manage, that only backs up the data on your device itself, it does nothing with the media card.
    09-29-09 11:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD