Hi, just want to know. How safe is password keeper?
    if my phone were to be compromised, would someone be able to get all the data using any sort of software?
    03-17-09 06:25 AM
    Password keeper is very safe, you just have to set the password to something no one could guess by knowing you. I have mine set to my old highschool id number, that only I know. Seriously even if someone did see me type it in, they would even know what numbers nor would they remember. I recomend it tho, I use it for all my online logins with the website. It comes in handy.
    03-17-09 07:24 AM
    thanks.. really helps.. now to think of a password.
    Is there no software that can hack into it though? say it gets stolen
    03-17-09 07:31 AM
    Hello nicoleong. I think there is software or someone who can hack into anything. I don't think anything is 100% secure. But password keeper is about as safe as you can get on the BB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-09 07:34 AM
    Thinkamp, what are you going to do if your old high school principal finds your Blackberry and uses your school records to hack your password keeper? I am VERY concerned for you.

LMAO!

03-17-09 07:36 AM
    Thinkamp, what are you going to do if your old high school principal finds your Blackberry and uses your school records to hack your password keeper? I am VERY concerned for you.

LMAO!

double post mmm great! lame!
    03-17-09 07:44 AM

LMAO!

Lmfao...pffft he won't ever get my bb!! not alive!!
    03-17-09 07:45 AM
    Never say never. If your posts on here start sounding hugely different, then I will look into the principal being the imposter.

03-17-09 07:47 AM
    @nicoleong17 i use password keeper and i also have a password on my phone set to where if the password on my phone is typed in wrong after 5 tries it wipes itself out thus all info is gone and no one will be able to see it.
    03-17-09 07:49 AM
    Never say never. If your posts on here start sounding hugely different, then I will look into the principal being the imposter.

LOL thanks for looking out for me Kanga!
    03-17-09 08:00 AM
    All in a days work thinkamp. All in a days work.

03-17-09 08:09 AM
    Def recommend using PasswordKeeper. Just make sure you remember the password...

I also make sure that my BB is locked. Remember that password, too.
    03-17-09 11:19 AM
    Def recommend using PasswordKeeper. Just make sure you remember the password...

I also make sure that my BB is locked. Remember that password, too.
    Or else after the 10th try your phone will wipe itself so you can get into it.
    03-17-09 11:22 AM
    Or else after the 10th try your phone will wipe itself so you can get into it.
    True story... And although it hasn't happened to me yet, I can only imagine the agony. Which reminds me, back up often if you're planning on keeping passwords/locking your BB.
    03-17-09 11:29 AM
    True story... And although it hasn't happened to me yet, I can only imagine the agony. Which reminds me, back up often if you're planning on keeping passwords/locking your BB.
    There was someone on here that made a thread as he was on about his 5th try and as it kept going he was only his late try and then he has no choice and everything was gone. Sad to see(read) it actually happening to someone!
    03-17-09 11:35 AM
    There was someone on here that made a thread as he was on about his 5th try and as it kept going he was only his late try and then he has no choice and everything was gone. Sad to see(read) it actually happening to someone!
    That was my only reservation with locking my BB. But I regularly back up and tried to pick a password that I could easily remember. Originally, I didn't even lock my phone, but after reading some of the other threads around here about stolen/lost BBs, I changed my mind.
    03-17-09 11:46 AM
    double post mmm great! lame!
    Ha, you guys are funny.

03-17-09 11:50 AM
    You will also find that, like the BB password that wipes the whole device after (10) tries (you can set the number), Password Keeper also has the same feature that after "x" number of invalid attempts then the Password Keeper file is wiped. So there is a double-layer of brute-force password hacking protection for Password Keeper. It is, as said several times above, very secure. (It also can't be copied to a PC and then copied to another BB without knowing the master BB password either.)
    03-17-09 12:17 PM
    Well, I only did about 30 seconds of research and couldn't find what sort of encryption the password keeper uses but what little I remember from college it takes like a million years to break an 128 bit key. So I would say that it is probably safe to use.
    03-17-09 12:25 PM
    It happened to me! My 8310 would not unlock after the 10th time putting in the password. It shut down and wiped everything! Luckily I had done a complete backup the day before and was able to restore my BB with everything intact except the theme. No one was ever able to provide an explanation as to what caused it other than my putting in the wrong password. I know that wasn't the case and felt vindicated when my co-worker's 8330 did the same thing 3 weeks later. Backup, backup, backup . . .
    03-17-09 01:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD