Hello!

After two days of upgrading and downgrading OS's about 10x, I've FINALLY been successful at stopping my Blackberry from lagging, freezing, rebooting -*and* best of all I have the Blackberry browser back and no more disappearing cursor!!!

:::happy dance:::

My only thing now, to have my phone back to 4.2OS perfection, is that I've manually removed the Push To Talk .cods from my RIM folder on the PC, but when I load apploader to initiate the removal, I keep getting the update OS pop-up so I cannot remove PTT, as I don't want OS 4.5. Is there a work around for this?

Thank you in advance!
    Bets

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-09-09 11:03 PM
    Download and install the Crackmem program.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/crac...eleased-52044/

That will remove both the files tied to PTT
    01-09-09 11:08 PM
    Work for NE 1?
    :::::mega shmega dance::::::

01-09-09 11:17 PM
    Hello, amazinglygraceless . Thank you for responding so quickly.

I do have CrackMem and at first used that to remove PTT - but I run into the same problem, as 've got to still load the apploader to finish executing that action, but still get the 4.5OS upgrade and cannot go further than there.

Am I doing something wrong?

01-09-09 11:18 PM
    Hello, amazinglygraceless . Thank you for responding so quickly.

I do have CrackMem and at first used that to remove PTT - but I run into the same problem, as 've got to still load the apploader to finish executing that action, but still get the 4.5OS upgrade and cannot go further than there.

Am I doing something wrong?
    Have you unistalled the OS 4.5 through Control Panel?
    01-09-09 11:33 PM
    Ahhh, I wondered if that'd do it. I went as far as removing the 4.5OS to the recycling bin, but because my bandwidth is capped, I didn't want to have to download 4.5 again in the future. -on further thought, I could put it on a disk, couldn't I! lol

Okay, you've been most helpful. Thank you. AG!

01-09-09 11:51 PM
    Ahhh, I wondered if that'd do it. I went as far as removing the 4.5OS to the recycling bin, but because my bandwidth is capped, I didn't want to have to download 4.5 again in the future. -on further thought, I could put it on a disk, couldn't I! lol

Okay, you've been most helpful. Thank you. AG!
    Yes you can put the installation file on a disk. I put mine on a spare microsd
    card, with DM and my last 3 backups. Just in case

Hopefully this will all get worked out for you. If you run into trouble post back
    to this thread or PM me.
    01-10-09 12:00 AM
    Thanks so much, AG! . I've put the lappy away for the night and will definitely be finishing what I started tomorrow. .

Thanks for allowing me to contact you further for help, should I need it. I'll take you up on it, though I'm pretty sure that your earlier solution will resolve my issue. BUT- there's always the next problem. lol. I sort of welcome the *issues* as it's a way to really learn.

Bets <-- the tech geek wannabee.

01-10-09 12:32 AM
    Bets, just one more thing in case our paths don't cross in the AM.

Because you simply deleted the OS 4.5 folder as opposed to
    uninstalling it you will need to reinstall it.

After that go to Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs and remove
    it that way. When that is done DM should recognize 4.2 only.
    01-10-09 06:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD