I work for rogers as a Blackberry tech support agent, and im just posting these instructions which i use on how to reload the OS 6.0 BB software.
OS reloads can usally fix: freezeing, JVM/APP Errors, Charging problems, etc...
Please ensure that your Blackberry device is not connected to the computer until prompted. If you have Blackberry
Desktop Manager installed in your desktop computer then skip to Step 2.
Step 1: Installing the Blackberry Desktop Manager
1) Click to download Blackberry Desktop Manager 6.0
2) When prompted, select Save and save it in your Desktop.
3) Double-click on the file you saved to start the installer.
4) Select the Language and click OK
5) Click Next to begin the Installation.
6) Select country or region then click Next.
7) Accept terms and conditions then click Next.
8) Leave the installation location to default and click Next.
9) Check whether or not you want the Blackberry Desktop Software shortcut on your desktop and click Install.
10) Once installation is complete, Click Finish to start the Blackberry Desktop Software.
Step 2: Backup the Data from your Blackberry
1) Open Blackberry Desktop Manager 6.
2) Connect your device to the computer.
3) If there is an update for your device, a window will pop up with "An updated version of Blackberry Desktop software
is available. Do you want to install the Update?” Click Update Later.
4) Click on Back up now button near the middle of the screen.
5) A new window will appear, Select Full for backup type then click Back up. (Please wait upto 30 minutes for full backup)
Step 3: Reloading the Operating System through Blackberry Desktop Manager 6.0
1) Click on Device in the top left corner. (Ensure that your BlackBerry is connected and Desktop Manager is open)
2) Select Update my Device
3) Click on View other versions.
4) Select the checkbox that has (currently installed).
5) Click on Install.
6) A new window will pop up with Data Backup and Email Notifications.
7) Uncheck Back up device data and Email me when new versions are available.
8) Click Install update.
9) A warning message will come up, Click OK.
10) Your device will begin the reload and may take up to 30 minutes. Do not unplug the USB cable or pull out your
battery while it is performing the operating system reload.
IMPORTANT PLEASE NOTE: Utilize the Blackberry as is for the next 24 hrs and don't restore any information on the unit.If a corruption resides on the saved data (backup file i.e. IPD file), the corrupted data will be brought back to the device during the restore process.After the 24 hrs period has passed. Please proceed with Step 4
Step 4: Performing a Selective Restore
A) To restore specific databases in the backup file to your BlackBerry Smartphone, complete the following steps:
1. Open Blackberry Desktop Manager 6.
2. Connect your device to the computer.
3. If there is an update for your device, a window will pop up with An updated version of Blackberry Desktop software
is available. Do you want to install the Update? Click Update Later.
4. Click on Device in the top left corner.
5. Select Restore
6. A new window will appear, select the back up file that was created before reloading the operating system.
7. Under Select Data to Restore, select Select device data and settings.
8. A smaller window will appear with many checkboxes.
9. Check any of the databases that you need to be restored. Do not select all the checkboxes as that may cause the
issue to return.
10. Once all necessary databases are selected, click on the Restore button.