Hi
    I had my storm stolen last night, and i need to recover some numbers from the backup file that was created a couple of weeks back. If there is anyone out there that could help me, it would be very appreciated.
    06-13-09 06:28 AM
    As far as I know theres no way you can read your backup to pull out some info unless you put the info into another BB. If you have another BB you can get your contacts back...
    Open Desktop Manager, Backup and restore, Advanced and under File look for your backup file, open it and you will be able to transfer stuff from the file to the BB.
    The left side field is from the backup and the right side is the BB. Select the address book, press the arrow (pointing right) ... and that should do it.
    06-13-09 07:10 AM
    you might try ABC Amber
    Free download ABC Amber BlackBerry Convertor, parse, convert, backup and archive IPD files to CHM, PDF, HTML, Word, Access, Excel, CSV, IPD Extractor

reads IPD (BlackBerry backup) files and exports selected messages, contacts, SMS messages, PIN messages, autotext entries, calendar events, memo, phone call logs, phone hotlist entries and tasks to a single file of any document format: PDF format (Adobe Acrobat doesn't need to be installed), RTF format (also doesn't require MS Word to be installed), hypertext HTML format, text format, MS DOC format, popular CHM format, old good HLP format, and many more (Access, Excel, DBF, etc.)
    you can download the demo, free for 30 days

and it sucks that your BB was stolen.
    06-13-09 07:34 AM
    It sux a big one, especially that they only took the phone, and none of the tools that were in the truck nor the laptop from the back seat. if they took more stuff i would of claimed it on insurance, but this way, it's just not worth it. thanks for all your help.
    06-13-09 07:37 AM
    ABC Amber will work.

Also, if you end up getting another BlackBerry, you should be able to use the backup file to restore the data.
    06-13-09 07:49 AM
    I also suggest the Amber offering but if I recall, when nosing around the ipd file, some data was legible including names/phone numbers so you might be able to pull some data out of the file with a hex reader.
    06-13-09 08:21 AM
    Thanx for all your help. Amber did work for me, and i was able to get the phone numbers.
    i tried restoring my old blackberry with the backed up ipd file off the storm, but it only screwed things up, so now i have to do a wipe and reinstall the os on the 8703 that i have, and i will extract the numbers, and put them on the new phone, as the phone book is very important to me.
    06-13-09 08:36 AM
    You can try using desktop manager's advanced backup/restore to load the backup file and then restore to the new BB just the parts you want, perhaps only the contacts.
    06-13-09 09:12 AM
    HI I have a similar situation, only my phone numbers are saved in contacts at my tmobile site. Any idea how to get them into my new phone on sim or otherwise?
    01-09-10 02:18 PM
    It's a long shot but do you have a friend who has a Storm? If so you could back-up their device, then restore your backup onto thier device so it'll have your contacts. Then using Desktop Manager's Device Switch Wizard to copy the contacts accross to your older phone and finally restore their backup to their phone.

It's a long way round and dependant on you knowing someone with a Storm but I see no reason why it wouldn't work.
    01-09-10 06:27 PM
    Hello

I am providing data recover service from back file at cheaper rate come up with data file and ask for service we surve you in 24 hours

mail me: [email protected]

Thanks
    06-17-13 06:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD