It has bugged me since day one that my blackberry doesn't show messages that I sent to myself -- so I ventured to tackle the problem today after not finding any suitable solutions with Google. It turns out that the messages do indeed get delivered, but they stay hidden from view. In order to see the emails you send to yourself, do the following

• In the messaging app, press S
    • Enter "Me" in the Name: Field
    • Select Show: Sent Only
    • Press Menu and Save. Give the search a name and a shortcut key

From now on, you will be able to find the emails (and other messages) you send to yourself with a quick search. In the messaging app, press the Alt key and the shortcut key button you saved for the search.

Note: Searching for "Me" will bring up names that have "Me" in it for example "Melissa" so if you strictly want messages sent and delivered by you, to you, enter your email address in the Name: field
    Also, if the search doesn't work or it is leaving out messages, try setting the Search Type: to Remote

Google search keywords for the sake of saving others a considerable amount of time: sending emails to yourself sending messages send messages to yourself not received doesn't show up doesn't come up never delivered doesn't arrive blocked filtered
    03-23-10 12:59 AM
    It has bugged me since day one that my blackberry doesn't show messages that I sent to myself -- so I ventured to tackle the problem today after not finding any suitable solutions with Google. It turns out that the messages do indeed get delivered, but they stay hidden from view. In order to see the emails you send to yourself, do the following

• In the messaging app, press S
    • Enter "Me" in the Name: Field
    • Select Show: Sent Only
    • Press Menu and Save. Give the search a name and a shortcut key

From now on, you will be able to find the emails (and other messages) you send to yourself with a quick search. In the messaging app, press the Alt key and the shortcut key button you saved for the search.

Note: Searching for "Me" will bring up names that have "Me" in it for example "Melissa" so if you strictly want messages sent and delivered by you, to you, enter your email address in the Name: field
    Also, if the search doesn't work or it is leaving out messages, try setting the Search Type: to Remote

Google search keywords for the sake of saving others a considerable amount of time: sending emails to yourself sending messages send messages to yourself not received doesn't show up doesn't come up never delivered doesn't arrive blocked filtered
    Thanks for the tip! I had never noticed that before.
    03-23-10 10:29 AM
    I've never encountered this problem. I often send messages to myself for a variety of reasons and I've never had them fail to show up unless the were server related problems.
    03-23-10 02:25 PM
    I wonder if this is device specific? I send myself emails all the time (reminders with important details..) and have never had to do that. Interesting.
    03-23-10 02:28 PM
    My emails always show up when I send them to myself on my device.
    03-23-10 02:38 PM
    I've never had a problem viewing them either.
    03-23-10 02:42 PM
    Me either. I do this often as a reminder as well. Never had a problem though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-10 02:49 PM
    If I have to send myself something I'm typically at my work computer and send from my work email to my gmail (which hits my berry).

I have been known to link my AIM mail address to my berry to consolidate notes to self in one inbox. I'm sure I'm over-complicating it but *shrug*
    03-23-10 03:26 PM
    I always get them as well.
    03-24-10 01:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD