i recently created a username for BIS email on a carrier, and the account was closed and re-opened (due to porting out and then back in)

what is the process to get back an old BIS email account? someone said its impossible and someone else said RIM will release the user name again in 3 months?
    12-10-09 10:06 PM
    Do you mean your BIS username or your blackberry.net email account?
    12-11-09 02:33 AM
    blackberry.net email account
    12-11-09 10:11 AM
    huh, mine are available the moment I delete them. IDK what could have happened.
    12-11-09 10:22 AM
    oh really? because for some reason my BIS was deleted and i had to make a new one up and any email address i used previously with that BIS account it says its been suspended or something
    12-11-09 02:30 PM
    yeah weird I just helped a friend update her BIS stuff and she deleted and the re-added her @blackberry.net account. There was no blockage for any amount of time. Can't imagine why there is for yours
    12-11-09 08:17 PM
    An inactive BIS account should get deleted after a period of a week or so... at least this is what I've been told by RIM engineers. I of course have my doubt about this, but I'd be interested to know how long it takes for RIM to purge out old accounts that are no longer in use. If RIM doesn't do timely house cleaning on their BIS servers, that would suck big time.
    12-11-09 08:48 PM
    If RIM doesn't do timely house cleaning on their BIS servers, that would suck big time.
    You d@mn right it would...
    12-11-09 08:52 PM
    You cannot get back a "deleted" Blackberry branded email, at least not easily.

When you first create a BIS account, you have the option to create a BB branded email. That email is tied to that BIS account. Within that account, you can "hide" and "unhide" it as many time as want. You can transfer phone as many time as you want with the same BIS account. Once you closed/deleted the BIS account, that email is deleted and held for 90 days (just guessing the time frame) before it's released back to public. In theory you can time the release date and try to get it back.

It's just like your phone number. You can port it out to any carrier as long as you don't cancel service first.
    12-11-09 09:02 PM
    Ok yeah thats what i remember beng told, 90 days.... ty everyone!
    12-12-09 03:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD