I have an unlocked rogers blackberry 8700r and i was going to get a data plan with fido so called fido and signed up for the personal email and im feature but nothing happend to my bberry. I was referred to fido.blackberry .com by fido tech rep to setup my bberry in fido bis but when prompted to enter the PIN + IMEI got this error msg

"This BlackBerry is registered with a different service provider. Please re-register this BlackBerry and verify the URL matches the one provided by your service provider"

i called rogers so they can unleash the bberry from rogers bis server but got a runaround that even though the device belongs to rogers they dont have access to unregister it so that i can use the phone with a different providers bis. I was given a RIM toll free # when i called them they advised me just to open a ticket they will charge 49.99 or if the service provider escalates to them they will do it for free. So after 3.5 hrs i had enough and did not call rogers back. Does anybody know any easier fix for this. I will really appreciate the help. All i want my pin to be reset from rogers bis so i can register it under fido bis. Please email me faisal.haider@ymail.com if you know any easy fix for this. I am sick and tired of calling these ignorant tech reps who dont have the ability to solve a basic issue.
    02-07-09 01:31 PM
    Do you have internet access on the 8700r?

If so go to the rogers email set up webpage from your BB and set up there, or from the email settings icon if you have one.

If you have no internet access try going to options > advanced options> host routing table > menu > register now....... see if you get a registration message.
    02-07-09 01:41 PM
    I believe the only answer is to get Rogers to release the PIN. You might try asking for help in the Rogers section of the Forum. Maybe a rogers rep (phone reps ARE often CBs themselves) will have pity on you.
    02-07-09 01:48 PM
    If I download the crackit and get rid of the it policy and now in my firewall screen shows enabled with a lock sign will that go away and I can use my bberry with a different provier is that true? Anybody knows will that work for me to use my rogers bberry with fido network without paying rim $50 to reregister my pin?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-09 05:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD