How can I change the order of email filters created on Blackberry Web Client?

To select exactly the messages you want to be forwarded to your device often involves using multiple filters and the order is important. Even RIM's documentation mentions in several places that filter order effects filter behavior

However, nothing I can find tells you how to change the order of existing filters. I hope this doesn't mean deleting everything and typing it all in again!

Please help!

Regards,

Carl
    07-22-08 01:28 PM
    Select the filter name, push the menu button, select "move" from the menu. Move up or down as needed, click the trackball to complete the move.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-08 06:21 PM
    JeffH Wrote:
    Select the filter name, push the menu button, select "move" from the menu. Move up or down as needed, click the trackball to complete the move.

I see no such option on my BWC filters screen. I can't even highlight a filter. (See attachment)

Attachment 3036

Best regards,

Carl
    07-24-08 05:01 PM
    JeffH Wrote:

I see no such option on my BWC filters screen. I can't even highlight a filter.

Best regards,

Carl
    I set up my filters on the blackberry, not on a website. Let's see if you can.
    If you are in the Messages Folder and push the MENU key, do you have "Filter Sender" and "Filter Subject" as menu items? If you don't have them, then that's another BIS/BES difference, since you are obviously on BIS and I'm on BES. If you have "Filter Sender," select an email from an individual and click "Filter Sender." Name the filter, leave everything unchecked, and for action select "Forward" and check the "Forward with Level 1 Notification" box. Escape and save the changes and you've just created a filter that highlights messages from that individual. You can create any number of filters in this way, and arrange the order of the filters by moving them. Your only actions are "Do not forward" or "Forward." I don't know any way to use these filters on the blackberry to assign messages to folders, like you can do with inbox rules in outlook on the PC.
    07-24-08 07:55 PM
    Thanks JeffH.

Yes, I am on BIS and Filters are not accessible from the device. It seems strange that if you access RIM's online help about filters, they point out the importance of the filter order but I have never seen any advice on how to change the order of existing filters. On BIS (at least with Rogers) the only way to access filters is through BWC.

Regards,

Carl
    07-27-08 04:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD