I commend Chen, for having the vision, to allow my Z30 to live on, inside a much better phone, with a flourishing ecosystem, I was working hard to maintain with half booty results. The only other options were spend the company to it's death, providing little improvement in my overall experience, or exit the OS market completely. What's best of BB10 I expect will thrive, taking a fork in the road when there appeared a dead end, which shouldn't evoke hostility from anyone.

As I've said before, BB10's future is Android. Thank G-d it has a future!
    02-21-17 10:05 PM
    Pretty repulsive situation here ... company exited the business, support community nonexistent / Android-fixated and openly hostile to anyone not using Android, no support from the manufacturer, and general social disapprobation.

Should you buy a BlackBerry Mercury? Only if you love BlackBerry enough to give Chen lots of profits ... go ahead ... I'll get a second hand iPhone
    There comes an age when you should stop caring about ANYTHING that you're complaining about. That age is 11
    anon(9742832) likes this.
    02-22-17 01:36 AM
    I commend Chen, for having the vision, to allow my Z30 to live on, inside a much better phone, with a flourishing ecosystem, I was working hard to maintain with half booty results. The only other options were spend the company to it's death, providing little improvement in my overall experience, or exit the OS market completely. What's best of BB10 I expect will thrive, taking a fork in the road when there appeared a dead end, which shouldn't evoke hostility from anyone.

I couldn't agree more with everything you said up to "for having the vision."
    But I always compliment you on your sense of humor. . I have to commend you for courage when you say "As I've said Before" knowing that it only makes people move away from you, ya know, for reasons of safety.
    Personally, I take what you and many others in your position say very seriously. I've learned to just do the opposite.
    Luckily, the future only comes one day at a time because it's been my experience ( don't try this at home, kids) that you're more likely to get an update from your carrier to a device that was discontinued back in the 80's and you'd be better off thanking Trump for any future we may have.

Besides, ya wanna know why most prays are not answered! You all go to church on Sunday and flood him with all these prayers.
    I mean you all pick his ONE DAY OFF to hassle him . Doesn't anyone find that just abit wrong!!
    02-22-17 01:59 AM
    Really, I don't understand what your saying. Should I only buy a Mercury for Chen? How about me or anyone else wanting the phone for any other reason?

Posted via CB10
    I kind of took what the OP was saying the same way. Seemed a one sided way of looking at things.
    02-22-17 06:53 AM
    Should you buy a BlackBerry Mercury? Only if you love BlackBerry enough to give Chen lots of profits ... go ahead ... I'll get a second hand iPhone
    Cool story brah.
    02-22-17 07:27 AM
    never... it just down graded to the toy instead...(entertainment - still good for movie streaming via wifi, music, gps map (no direction)... )... just not the https or other so called "productivity enhanced" banking app that stealing money from my pocket... if amazon shopping app is disabled like facebook or wechat, it will save me more... too bad it hasn't happened so far...
    02-22-17 08:01 AM
    So you love Apple enough to give Cook lots of profits?

Posted via CB10
    JDW01 likes this.
    02-22-17 08:47 AM
    I have been using a Dtek50 for the last 6 months. I grew to hate that phone more and more each day. It lacks the fluid interface that BB10 has. Everything works as it should on BB10. I switched back to my BB10 Passport today, and LOVE IT! Contacts work as they should, Phone dialer as it should, Music App as it should. Quick Launch shortcuts so much easier to set up, Physical keyboard is so much better than that half baked bb keyboard on android. I can actually control where my photos go, and find them. A real file manager. Much better autocorrect, keyboard shortcuts. The list goes on. I know a lot of you are thinking, DUDE Give it up BB10 is Dead, Development of it may be dead, but BB10 is still very much alive in my Passport and it is so SWEET! I tried the Android option and loathe it. I found myself looking at iPhones and thinking I guess that's my next phone, and hated the thought. In the end it may very well be a stupid Apple iPhone, once this passport and a potentially new passport replacement purchase dies. I love BB10, I know it will come to an end, but it ain't today!
    02-22-17 09:33 AM
    Ill keep my passport until any news on a surface phone comes out, or until it breaks. If there is no surface phone ill look at any other possible full x86 Windows10 devices that might be in the pipeline or go iPhone.
    02-22-17 09:44 AM
    NOT GOING TO DITCH BLACKBERRY!

I'm in the position of a person who loves BB - when I was in the position to finally get a smartphone I went with BB (Torch 9810 slider) because they were a Canadian company and I liked the idea of the physical keyboard (PKB).

I've migrated to a Classic - if I could have made dual-factor authorization work with Google Hangouts I might still be there, but I couldn't and now I'm on a PRIV.

Android experience - it's been good so far.

As for the demise of BB10 - well, it's sad, but am I going to chain myself to a sinking platform when there's a way forward? NO!
    Question for you guys who video game: how many of you still rock PONG as your primary video game? Hmmm. Not many, eh.

Over a 35 year IT career I have seen operating systems (OS) come and go. I've worked on some great ones, and moved off of those onto something less comfortable.
    I have survived all of these transitions. You can too.

Life won't end with the demise of BB10.

As for getting an iPhone? Freaking never - I can barely put the wifi password in on the stupid on-screen keyboard on the wife's without hurling it at the wall in frustration.

If/when the PKB phones are unavailable, I'm going to be in a world of hurt.
    Until then, BB, regardless of whether or not it's a droid.
    02-22-17 10:19 AM
    As for getting an iPhone? Freaking never - I can barely put the wifi password in on the stupid on-screen keyboard on the wife's without hurling it at the wall in frustration.
    Great, I'm not the only one that feels that way.
    glwerry likes this.
    02-22-17 11:55 AM
    Not any time soon, particularly with a brand new Passport SE on its way as an upgrade to my Classic. I'm still toting iOS and Android devices for my two other lines so I'm set for the rest of this year at least. A Verizon Mercury in my future to replace my Galaxy J3 would be nice. Hopefully Big Red will carry the Mercury!

Posted via CB10 from my 100-4 Classic with BB10 OS 10.3.3.2205 on T-Mobile
    02-22-17 03:18 PM
    There comes an age when you should stop caring about ANYTHING that you're complaining about. That age is 11
    age is 6 but whose counting....
    02-22-17 03:22 PM

While I love my Passport with OS 10.... I could never get used to Android. Not because Google is a dark force but it just does not do what it should do, this is more because of the way the OS is set up than any one flaw. But the hatred spewed toward Apple is almost comical by nature. Yes I have problems with the on screen touch key board. I tend to hit two keys with my meat paws. But you must give the Devil his do. If it was not for Apple and Google the smart phone would still be as dumb as a brick. By the way I have own a few of those as well. So in the end suck it up, we who use OS 10 should ride this train to the last stop. When it comes either get a cheap burner or make the jump to the OS you think will make it sing for you. But don't criticize another company because they had the foresight to survive and in this race your horse died mid way through the race.
    Last edited by thatguyusa; 02-22-17 at 07:04 PM.
    MikeX74 and TGR1 like this.
    02-22-17 03:28 PM
    Will see. July 2017

Posted via CB10
    02-22-17 05:04 PM
    NOT GOING TO DITCH BLACKBERRY!

I'm in the position of a person who loves BB - when I was in the position to finally get a smartphone I went with BB (Torch 9810 slider) because they were a Canadian company and I liked the idea of the physical keyboard (PKB).

I've migrated to a Classic - if I could have made dual-factor authorization work with Google Hangouts I might still be there, but I couldn't and now I'm on a PRIV.

Android experience - it's been good so far.

As for the demise of BB10 - well, it's sad, but am I going to chain myself to a sinking platform when there's a way forward? NO!
    Question for you guys who video game: how many of you still rock PONG as your primary video game? Hmmm. Not many, eh.

Over a 35 year IT career I have seen operating systems (OS) come and go. I've worked on some great ones, and moved off of those onto something less comfortable.
    I have survived all of these transitions. You can too.

Life won't end with the demise of BB10.

If/when the PKB phones are unavailable, I'm going to be in a world of hurt.
    Until then, BB, regardless of whether or not it's a droid.
    I tried a PRIV, but it was way too big and bulky for my liking. The keyboard was ok, but lacking compared to the feel of the keyboard on my Q10.

I'm paying close attention to the Mercury, but it also seems like it will be too bulky for my liking.

I love the compact form factor of the Q10, which is perfect for 1-handed use, yet powerful enough to handle whatever I throw at it.

BB10 may be riding off into the sunset, but I think I'll be riding along with it until the stars finally appear.

Posted from my Q10 via CB10
    BigBadWulf and meattray like this.
    02-22-17 05:52 PM
    I will ditch my Passport as soon as the Mercury comes out but not sure if that counts as ditching blackberry or not.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-17 07:14 PM
    BB10 may be riding off into the sunset, but I think I'll be riding along with it until the stars finally appear.
    Well said, and exactly how I felt. I'm happy I found a star. Hopefully everyone else will find their's too, whatever it may be.
    02-22-17 08:35 PM
    I am going to be using my Z10 until it dies...then the two z30s in the closet till they die. Then I will reassess where things stand.
    02-22-17 11:20 PM
    Currently use a Priv as my actual phone and carry my Passport SE with me almost every day. I'll probably switch to OnePlus or iPhone by summer/fall but fully expect to carry my Passport with me for another couple of years as there are plenty of things it's still the best at and doesn't feel dated yet.
    02-22-17 11:32 PM
    My Q10 will go whenever I have money to buy a Priv...or Mercury... whichever comes first!

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Q10
    02-23-17 06:27 AM
    Pretty repulsive situation here ... company exited the business, support community nonexistent / Android-fixated and openly hostile to anyone not using Android, no support from the manufacturer, and general social disapprobation.
    ARE you talking to me?
    Are YOU talking to me?
    Are you TALKING to me?
    Are you talking to ME?
    lol
    Am still using both my BB9000 and BB9900 and will continue till BIS plan no longer supported.
    I still also use one of my various bb10 device plus my Priv.
    My legacy berries fit my needs as does my Priv for web cruising.
    02-23-17 07:14 AM
    We have two Leaps, one Z10 and a Priv. All working great and being used. No reason to ditch them. Will add Mercury to the list probably.
    02-23-17 07:28 AM
    I still have my Torch, the only question is I can't find the battery to replace.
    02-23-17 08:23 AM
    It would be really nice if TCL made a 9900 Q10 replacement. 67 mm wide with your traditional keyboard and tool bar. It could be taller to be Android compatible.
    02-23-17 10:26 AM
104 1234 ...