Pretty repulsive situation here ... company exited the business, support community nonexistent / Android-fixated and openly hostile to anyone not using Android, no support from the manufacturer, and general social disapprobation.

Should you buy a BlackBerry Mercury? Only if you love BlackBerry enough to give Chen lots of profits ... go ahead ... I'll get a second hand iPhone
    anon(9742832) likes this.
    02-20-17 04:12 PM
    I'll use it as my music player cuz I like the music player better than androids

Posted via BlackBerry Z10
    02-20-17 04:28 PM
    I don't see a need to ditch BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-17 04:29 PM
    Really, I don't understand what your saying. Should I only buy a Mercury for Chen? How about me or anyone else wanting the phone for any other reason?

Posted via CB10
    Jrox74, Mecca EL and Pez1983 like this.
    02-20-17 04:33 PM
    I feel left out as a BB10 user that I haven't had any Android hostility directed towards me.

Blackberry Poptart SE - Cricket Wireless
    02-20-17 05:00 PM
    I feel left out as a BB10 user that I haven't had any Android hostility directed towards me.

Hey, Kevndoom, your ship has sailed and BB10 is dead, Android is the future! Move on, you moron!

There.
    Carjackd, Event4izon and Mecca EL like this.
    02-20-17 05:03 PM
    I just got it, haha. Not as a primary device, though.
    02-20-17 05:32 PM
    Hey, Kevndoom, your ship has sailed and BB10 is dead, Android is the future! Move on, you moron!

There.
    I weep.

Carjackd, Event4izon and Mecca EL like this.
    02-20-17 05:58 PM
    Still no reasons to ditch my BB10 devices yet!

Posted via CB10
    rarsen and seemsixty7 like this.
    02-20-17 06:03 PM
    Really, I don't understand what your saying. Should I only buy a Mercury for Chen? How about me or anyone else wanting the phone for any other reason?

Posted via CB10
    Don't mind him, he's just a disgruntled Chen hater.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-20-17 06:19 PM
    Yeah ill probably keep a device or two regardless.

Definitely anticipating to upgrade to the mercury at some point but we'll see.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-17 06:52 PM
    Yeah ill probably keep a device or two regardless.

Definitely anticipating to upgrade to the mercury at some point but we'll see.

Posted via CB10
    I have already dropped bb10 as my main device but I drill have a q10 passport and z30 that I use in conjunction with my LG g5. If the mercury can keep up it'll be mine soon too
    meattray likes this.
    02-20-17 09:36 PM
    I will keep my BB10 Z30s until they no longer function.
    rarsen and AllanQuatermain like this.
    02-20-17 09:40 PM
    I have already dropped bb10 as my main device but I drill have a q10 passport and z30 that I use in conjunction with my LG g5. If the mercury can keep up it'll be mine soon too
    Similar here. Priv is my daily driver. But I still use my Z30 a lot, especially for the hub.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-17 11:04 PM
    Two passports and a z30. They should keep me going for a long time.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-17 11:29 PM
    Pretty repulsive situation here ... company exited the business, support community nonexistent / Android-fixated and openly hostile to anyone not using Android, no support from the manufacturer, and general social disapprobation.

Should you buy a BlackBerry Mercury? Only if you love BlackBerry enough to give Chen lots of profits ... go ahead ... I'll get a second hand iPhone
    I don't think anyone is hostile here towards hardcore bb10 users. If you can manage on a bb10 device you've got nothing but respect. It was IMO the best OS ever that never received app support.

Nevertheless, if the OS works for you enjoy! There will always be support here. Heck I the legacy forums are still alive and well here.

You can go buy a second hand Iphone but let's see how long your support lasts there. Apple like anyone else is in the business to make make money. They can shut down support with the best of them
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-20-17 11:35 PM
    Already donated all my prior Blackberrys to various charitable organizations, except my Z30 - which I gave to my son. I still have my Classic. My daily driver right now is an Apple 6S Plus, but keep going back to my Classic for the hub. Will certainly check out the Mercury, if it comes to Verizon, that is. Regardless, I hope the Mercury is a huge success for Blackberry. Was thinking they should call it the "Thorn" (in reference to their briars, but also a Thorn for the competition to overcome).

Posted via CB10
    02-21-17 12:19 AM
    Ditch it? What for? The 9900 has worked for 3.5 or so years without updates and still a pleasure to use. I will trade in my iphone before I ever get rid of the Blackberry.

There is a certain amount of device appreciation or fondness one has to have to still respect the brand(or any brand of product for that matter) and love the device you like to use, and therefore you do not care what anyone else thinks. The device is for YOU, not for others. If one has those things then one does not start a thread like this.

-sent from a beautiful Bold 9900
    Last edited by Ralph Morgotch; 02-21-17 at 02:35 AM.
    02-21-17 02:19 AM
    Don't mind him, he's just a disgruntled Chen hater.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah. I'm just baffled by how many people would rather see the whole company disappear. Crazy. What will happen to their BlackBerry 10 devices then? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted via CB10
    02-21-17 03:11 AM
    Yeah. I'm just baffled by how many people would rather see the whole company disappear. Crazy. What will happen to their BlackBerry 10 devices then? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted via CB10
    Just a guess, but they would likely take to the streets to pour gasoline and burn their devices and pictures of Chen.

Just a guess though.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-17 03:15 AM
    Just a guess, but they would likely take to the streets to pour gasoline and burn their devices and pictures of Chen.

Just a guess though.

Posted via CB10
    It almost seems that way yes. It's crazy.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-17 03:46 AM
    Nobody's stopping you from getting the phone you want.

Anyone still using a BlackBerry is using it because he/she wants to.

I have an insatiable need to tinker with devices from all the different mobile platforms, but I keep coming back to BB10.

There's no other phone quite like my Q10.

Posted from my Q10 via CB10
    rarsen and AllanQuatermain like this.
    02-21-17 08:03 AM

Why such a hostile loaded question? On par with 'Have you stopped beating your wife yet?' I have no intention of ditching my BlackBerry devices, using a Priv as my daily driver and a Passport as a backup. And I hope that the Mercury is profitable for both BlackBerry and TCL - any profit that these companies make is not going directly into Chen's bank account, it's keeping the companies afloat to continue operating.

You know, there are remedies for your negativity.
    02-21-17 08:10 AM
    Why such a hostile loaded question? On par with 'Have you stopped beating your wife yet?' I have no intention of ditching my BlackBerry devices, using a Priv as my daily driver and a Passport as a backup. And I hope that the Mercury is profitable for both BlackBerry and TCL - any profit that these companies make is not going directly into Chen's bank account, it's keeping the companies afloat to continue operating.

You know, there are remedies for your negativity.
    Altoronto right on get the dogs out. My sister was given a iPhone 7 by her boyfriend and is so frustrated with it she is almost to the point of throwing it at him. Had to lend her my Z30 now relationship is better now. I think she might need an upgrade though.
    Talking about new boyfriend not new Blackberry. lol
    02-21-17 09:30 PM
    I'll keep using my Passport SE & Semi Retired Z10 as long as they do the job for me. Will need to find out if whatsapp the android version will work after the BB10 version is shut down. A bit surprised Mr. Chen hasn't tried to work a deal with them for BB10. I'll make the switch to BlackBerry Android when I have to. I understand BlackBerry had to make hard business decisions but they are still here and hopefully The Mercury will continue to put them back on the map. Rocking 24-7 with my Passport SE & Semi Retired Z10 both rocking 10.3.3.1435
    rarsen likes this.
    02-21-17 09:36 PM
104 123 ...