I got a new HP printer. My dad printed an email from his iPhone no problem.

How do I do this from the BlackBerry?

Thanks.
    01-16-12 08:40 PM
    I got a new HP printer. My dad printed an email from his iPhone no problem.

How do I do this from the BlackBerry?

Thanks.
    There is a free app that you can get from BB app world called "cortado" something or other. If you just search on cortado, and then download and sucessfully install/register the app, and get your printer setup through the app, you should be able to do print from your bb.
    Chrisy likes this.
    01-16-12 09:47 PM
    I don't have an email-to printer but wouldn't you just send an email to the printer.

There is a great app called HP ePrint in App World and it lets you print to HP ePrinters (public locations). I think it might also work for your father's printer because it's probably registered with HP as part of its cloud printer network
    Last edited by anthogag; 01-17-12 at 06:59 AM.
    Chrisy likes this.
    01-16-12 09:57 PM
    Let us know if the HP ePrint app works for your father's printer
    Chrisy likes this.
    01-16-12 09:59 PM
    It's my printer. Eprint doesn't work for personal printers.

He didn't need an additional apps for his iPhone to print.

I'll keep checking. Thanks.
    01-17-12 05:48 AM

You got an HP printer, but is it the HP ePrinter? If so, you just set up the email address for the printer and then email that address to print..from any location, no app needed.

I bought one of these because the wife was always wanting to print stuff from her iPad, and it was the easiest solution. Plus, when i'm away working, and she needs something printed out, I can do it from anywhere.

For non ePrinters, I know Google Chrome browser allows you to set up something similiar, and is supposed to work with any printer make/model..as long as you have internet.
    Chrisy likes this.
    01-17-12 08:41 AM

While the HP Eprint app won't work for personal printers, you can use HP Eprint to give your printer an e-mail address and forward messages to it and print them that way.
    Chrisy likes this.
    01-17-12 09:03 AM
    I suggest that you review the information in the following link to the HP ePrintCenter.

https://h30495.www3.hp.com/c/43898/US/en/

I am guessing that your dad used the iPhone 'AirPrint' function that works with many of the new wireless printers (including my Epson). Hope this helps.
    Good luck.
    Chrisy likes this.
    01-17-12 09:09 AM
    Cool! Thanks guys! I'll give that a shot.

The iPhone had it's hotspot turned on and my printer connected to it. I think that's how that worked.
    01-17-12 12:41 PM
    Fixmo Tools contains a print utility. I haven't used it, but here's some info:
    Chrisy likes this.
    01-17-12 04:23 PM
    Fixmo Tools contains a print utility. I haven't used it, but here's some info:
    +1 for Fixmo! Look for it on sale in MH. It's pricy, but loaded with useful features.
    01-18-12 11:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD