What should I do to prepare to sell my Curve 8330 (don't worry, I got a different one!!! )? Do I do a handheld wipe? Remove the SIM card (if so, where is it)? The person I'm selling it to sounds like a bit of a weirdo, so I'd really like to ensure that NONE of my personal information or account info is accessible to him. Also, if I do any of that, will it be weird when I sell it, like will it not work properly and he'll not want it do you think?

Thank you so much!!!!!
    02-09-09 02:31 PM
    I would recommend a wipe. The curve doesn't have a sim card. But if you bought a media card keep that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-09-09 02:40 PM
    The handheld wipe in most cases is sufficient, but if you are
    really concerned my advice would be to use either JL_CMDER
    or CrackMem (in my sig) and do a total wipe and then reload the
    OS. Your carrier is a CDMA carrier, so the Sprint 8330 does not
    have a SIM card at all
    02-09-09 02:40 PM
    Also if you have a BIS account remove your pin and e-mail accounts from it. If you don't then the person who gets the phone won't be able to create a BIS account until you remove the pin off your account.
    02-09-09 03:23 PM
    Also if you have a BIS account remove your pin and e-mail accounts from it. If you don't then the person who gets the phone won't be able to create a BIS account until you remove the pin off your account.
    I tried logging in, but it says, "Your account has been suspended. Please contact the system administrator." (I switched to my new device a few days ago.) Does that mean it is all set? Otherwise, how would I get in there and get rid of my accounts??
    02-09-09 03:27 PM
    I tried logging in, but it says, "Your account has been suspended. Please contact the system administrator." (I switched to my new device a few days ago.) Does that mean it is all set? Otherwise, how would I get in there and get rid of my accounts??
    If the person isn't able to create his/her own BIS account then I believe you will be the one that has to call Sprint to have the pin removed from your account/cancelled account.
    02-09-09 03:30 PM
    If the person isn't able to create his/her own BIS account then I believe you will be the one that has to call Sprint to have the pin removed from your account/cancelled account.
    Okay, but in the mean time, would they be able to get any of my personal info from that? At worst, they just wouldn't be able to create their own BIS account until I called Sprint, right? Thanks again!
    02-09-09 03:34 PM
    Well if you did a handheld wipe or used CrackMem as AG suggested then you should be good to go. Just make sure that when the person activates the phone itself that your e-mail accounts aren't already on the phone once activated.
    02-09-09 03:36 PM
    Thank you, I just called them and had them remove it. I appreciate everyone's help!!!!!!!
    02-09-09 03:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD