So I turned on all Facebook notifications and I'm supposed to be able to reply to comments just by sending an e-mail.

Here's the Facebook notification address:

Facebook <[email protected]>

When I hit reply using my BB Bold (Yahoo! push e-mail), that's the same address that's showing on the To: field. Facebook's new feature doesn't work this way (at least it's not working for me).

But when I try to reply to the notification e-mail via Yahoo! Mail (Web site), the address on the To: field becomes something like this:

Reply to Comment <c+23s6j07000000cgdgsi0m00003ielcgsu000000cgdgsi 00 [email protected]>

Then I hit send and, voila, my comment gets posted to Facebook.

I can't figure out what the problem is. Why is Facebook's new feature not working when I send a reply using my Blackberry?
    01-30-10 07:37 AM
    are you trying to reply to the same notification email (or at least for the same type of notifications)? The new reply-to-comment feature only works for certain types of notifications. Anyway, the feature worked from my BB (gmail).
    01-30-10 09:41 AM
    Yes, same notification e-mail. Will switch to Gmail now. Let's see what happens...
    01-30-10 09:46 AM
    Sigh! Ain't really working. But thanks.
    01-30-10 10:30 AM
    i have exactly the same problem.

i use my gmail account in my BB (Curve 8900) and i get that notification from facebook. when i hit reply, my BB replies to the "sender" which was exactly the email address of the notification email.

unlike when i reply using my gmail in the web (i.e. not in my BB), when i hit reply, the recipient address gets changed from the notification email address to a different seemingly-randomly-generated email address -- which consequently updates my posts in facebook.

on a similar note, this also happens to my yahoogroups email. say, for example, a certain heather mooney sent my yahoogroup a mail -- obviously, all subscribers receive heather's email. when i hit reply in my BB it sends it to heather ONLY...but if i use my web-gmail and hit reply, it replies to my yahoogroup email address.

why is that?

or better yet, how do i configure my email to act like my web-gmail in terms of replying?

thanks!
    02-05-10 09:07 AM
    i have exactly the same problem.

i use my gmail account in my BB (Curve 8900) and i get that notification from facebook. when i hit reply, my BB replies to the "sender" which was exactly the email address of the notification email.
    I have the same problem with my 8330 and Pearl Flip.
    02-05-10 10:31 AM
    You could just install the Facebook app and leave that to deal with Facebook notifications.

Having never tried this new way over replying to their emails I'm guessing it has an encoded reply to address in the mail which not all mail clients can work with.
    02-06-10 10:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD