I have been a faithful bb user for 4 years . my wife and i switched to verizon i stayed bb she went droid . i found out tonight that it is a $70 app to get pdf files to view on my phone. the need for this is that i was playing with evernote which is pretty cool but useless if i cant view the pdf files i send to my phone . so i sent a 50 page report to her droid in pdf and what do you know it down loads just fine and views perfectly. get it together rim or my next phone in july will be android. any news if bb is going to quit charging for the ability to do basic buisness things like view doc and pic with out robbing you?
    12-02-10 07:19 PM
    dude. we aren't RIM. Next year, when you own an Android, you will likely be on an android forum ******** about some thing else. NO phone is perfect in all respects. they all have their strengths and weaknesses. DON'T YOU KNOW THAT????
    12-02-10 07:24 PM
    I've been considering getting that documents to go app. I think it could be worth it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-10 07:33 PM
    Get Repligo Reader. It's not as costly as Docs to Go premium I don't believe and allows you to read pdfs just fine on your bb.

RepliGo Reader for BlackBerry : Cerience Corporation
    12-02-10 07:38 PM
    Documents-2-Go Premium Edition is the way to go! --> PDA Software - BlackBerry Software, iPhone Software, iPod touch Software, Palm OS Software, webOS Software, Google Android Software, Windows Mobile Software, Windows Smartphone Software, Symbian S60 Software - Developed By DataViz <-- Click that link while on your BlackBerry.

The price of the app varies. I believe it is usually $29.99 (or maybe $19.99) but they have it on sale often for half that.

You can download the "Standard Edition" (which usually comes on every BlackBerry) which has limited features including: opening documents in Word, Excel & Power Point..

The "Premium Edition" features include: all of the above as well as creating NEW documents in Word, Excel & Power Point.

Also included with the "Premium Edition" is a native PDF Reader. Unfortunatley you can't create or edit PDF's (at least not at this time) but you ARE able to download and view any PDF file from your BlackBerry!

Like I said, I personally use the "Premium Edition" and recommend it. It's a one time fee and has many other great features!

Unfortunately there isn't any FREE options as far as PDF's and BlackBerry's go. At least not yet. Maybe when RIM and Adobe start adding native flash support for BlackBerry Smartphones will we see native PDF support as well, who knows.

The other option is RepliGo for BlackBerry. You can check that out in the CrackBerry App Store at this link --> Superstore <-- I believe it's a one time fee of $14.95 and also provides native PDF support for your BlackBerry. I can't give you a personal opinion on RepliGo Reader because I've never personally used it but I believe the reviews on it are good.

So either way, there are options. Granted they're not free ones but hey, I guess that all depends on how badly you want that extra functionality!

12-02-10 08:00 PM
    It always struck me as utterly ridiculous that a device touted as a business phone didn't have the standard functionality of viewing pdf files.
    12-02-10 08:52 PM
    i have standard documents to go which can edit any office files (but not pdf). i can also read pdf on my bb if i got the file by email. So i open inbox, download the file and read it. Con of that is that i always have to download the file when i want to open it, it can't be read from memory card. When i have a file in memory i send it to myself... i know it is annoying, but i don't want to spend a lot of money because i don't use pdf files too often.

12-02-10 10:58 PM
    i found out tonight that it is a $70 app to get pdf files to view on my phone.
    please use the dataviz website, a quick look shows very clearly that PDF to go is included as a bonus with Docs to go premium. Docs to go premium for storm is $19.99 NOT $70

also if you just need it for a short while then do the free upgrade trial through your device, kinda try before ya buy

heres the $19.99 link for ya
    Please select your Smartphone or Handheld
    12-02-10 11:04 PM
    Unless something has changed, the $70 price is a one time "pay it off" thing. The $20 price is a yearly subscription price.

Personally, I have a thing against yearly subscriptions for any software and avoid them whenever possible.

BlackBerry can read PDFs that are opened as attachments to emails (I do this all the time) - and that could be a workaround for viewing only. But I can't believe that no one makes a standalone free reader for BB like you can get for the PC, and apparently for other mobile devices.

12-03-10 09:13 AM
    Unless something has changed, the $70 price is a one time "pay it off" thing. The $20 price is a yearly subscription price.

Personally, I have a thing against yearly subscriptions for any software and avoid them whenever possible.

BlackBerry can read PDFs that are opened as attachments to emails (I do this all the time) - and that could be a workaround for viewing only. But I can't believe that no one makes a standalone free reader for BB like you can get for the PC, and apparently for other mobile devices.

The $20 is not a subscription price. It is a one time price.

This is a one-time purchase price! No monthly or yearly subscriptions!

Product:
    Documents To Go Premium Edition - $19.99

Media:
    Electronic Download

Language:
    English Arabic Basque Bhasa Indoniesian Catalan Chinese (Simplified) Chinese (Traditional) Czech Danish Dutch French Galician German Greek Hebrew Hungarian Italian Japanese Korean Norwegian Polish Portuguese (Brazilian) Portuguese (European) Romanian Russian Spanish Swedish Turkish

Quantity:
    1 2 3 4 5

Common Purchase FAQs

Is this price a one time fee or annual subscription?
    This is a one time fee for this version. Once installed, your software DOES NOT expire.

If I get a new BlackBerry, do I need to repurchase Documents To Go?
    No, you can install this license as long as this version of Documents To Go is compatible with your new device.

After I purchase, how do I install?
    Once you purchase, follow links to download the software. You will be prompted for the e-mail address of your BlackBerry . Then an e-mail will be sent to your BlackBerry with a link to download the necessary installers directly on your device. You will also get a link to download the desktop synchronization software for your computer.
    12-03-10 10:15 AM
    ^ That's good to know. I might look into it now.

12-03-10 04:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD