I'm sorry if this is a really obvious question, but how do you open new "tabs"/"pages"/"windows" -- whatever you'd like to call it -- on Blackberrys? I have a Bold and I can't figure out how to do it. On the iPhone, you can open as many as you'd like, so surely there must be a way? Thank you.
    05-24-09 10:16 PM
    Sadly, there is no way to do so. Hopefully it future OS' this will be possible.
    05-24-09 10:18 PM
    no but if your reading this you are the resistance.
    05-24-09 10:18 PM
    The only way you can do this is to install other 3rd party browsers
    such as Opera Mini or Bolt. You can open one instance of each, so
    if you have both and the native browser you can effectively have
    3 sites open at once.
    05-24-09 10:32 PM
    there is also talk of other browsers in the future that will support this..

not sure when there coming though.
    05-24-09 10:51 PM
    I hate to say it but... the iPhone's native browser has multiple tabs/windows as a standard feature .
    05-24-09 11:29 PM
    I hate to say it but... the iPhone's native browser has multiple tabs/windows as a standard feature .

we know and so does the new palm pre thats not even out yet ;/

but browsing multliple pages on the phone was never a major plus for me. usually on the iPhone I just ended up with a bunch of pages open and then realizing I had to go in and close them alll..
    05-24-09 11:58 PM
    I'd like RIM to optimize the existing browser first. It's not that great and is kinda slow. Then they can worry about adding features. OS 5.0 better come with a much improved browser.
    05-25-09 06:57 AM
    I'd like RIM to optimize the existing browser first. It's not that great and is kinda slow. Then they can worry about adding features. OS 5.0 better come with a much improved browser.
    For me the browser is tremendously fast. I can't complain about it

And it would be great if rim can develop OS that can support multiple windows such as the iPhone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-09 07:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD