I've had my pearl for about a year and I have to charge it every night overnight. It lasts all day but I'm thinking I should get more than one day of battery use right? I like my screen brightness @ 100% and I use my broswer constantly. I'm not really too much interested in conserving battery power by changing my settings b/c I love my settings lol. I'm just curious how I can tell when my battery is just getting old and needs to be replaced.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-09 07:27 PM
    My Pearlie is pretty old, and the battery lasts for a day as well. I charge it every night, and it has not caused me too much trouble. I have an extra battery just in case though.
    01-03-09 07:29 PM
    When I start to notice that my battery life is diminishing when it once was not, I replace it. OEM batteries are dirt cheap on ebay.
    01-03-09 07:31 PM
    How does battery runtime (from full charge) compare to when it was new with similar daily usage? You will get reduced capacity as the battery starts to fail, when the runtime becomes unacceptably short it's time to replace.
    01-03-09 07:35 PM
    As long as your battery is taking charge and giving you reasonable service life, you should be good to go. However, having a backup is always a good option, especially if it is your"lifeline". If you are worried about power for extended usage, an investment in a hi-cap battery is nearly
    a bargain compared to a stock battery. The Li-Ion battery doesn't have a lot of the old problems Ni-Cads did.

01-03-09 07:38 PM
    yea i do have a backup i just always forget to charge it up lol : p i got it from the crackberry store.
    01-03-09 07:43 PM
    Yeah, I always keep my back up battery handy.
    01-03-09 07:50 PM
    yea i do have a backup i just always forget to charge it up lol : p i got it from the crackberry store.
    Do you have a charging stand that'll charge both at once? Might solve that problem.

01-03-09 11:36 PM
    I have 7 batterys and 3 stand alone chargers so I wouldn't no I just keep swapin out when needed

01-04-09 12:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD