I just got the 8530 yesterday and I've done 2 battery pulls already. Is this normal? How often does everyone else do a battery pull?
    12-26-09 05:21 PM
    It is not. I got my 9700 for nearly a month now and I have done the battery pull for about 10 times now.
    But to make sure, just check to see if there is something wrong happens

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-26-09 05:29 PM
    It is not. I got my 9700 for nearly a month now and I have done the battery pull for about 10 times now.
    But to make sure, just check to see if there is something wrong happens

So it IS normal? You've done a battery pull about 10 times in one month period?
    12-26-09 05:33 PM
    I've had my 8530 for almost three weeks now and believe it or not, I have not had to do single batt pull. MY device appears to have no type of memory leak. So far besides a little WIFI connect issue, it's been wonderful.
    12-26-09 05:36 PM
    I very very rarely have to do a battery pull on my 9700, and that's usually due to app installs/uninstalls.
    12-26-09 05:37 PM
    I only do battery pulls whenever I download a new app. Since I've had my Storm2-I had it since the release (10/28), I've only pulled it 6 times myself.
    12-26-09 05:39 PM
    I use QuickPull lite and restart nightly.

12-26-09 08:15 PM
    I don't do battery pulls routinely. As others have said, only for in-and-uninstalling apps and when loading new OS.

12-26-09 08:45 PM
    I don't do battery pulls routinely. As others have said, only for in-and-uninstalling apps and when loading new OS.

This is typical for me as well. I will only need to pull it for app (un)installs, or updates.

Although, with a new phone, it doesn't surprise me you've pulled it that many times. I think I pulled my battery more than that the first few days I had my Tour, and it took 10-15 minutes to reboot...
    12-26-09 08:50 PM
    I do it when the damn thing goes into this "Provisioning Status" crap. How long it would take if I let it finish, I have no idea. But I do know that I've waited 15 minutes for it with no sign of completion. It happens whenever I go to the mall, which is really weird.
    12-26-09 08:55 PM
    i reboot once a day give or take, just for giggles. if the phone starts seriously lagging or something looks messed up, ill pull the battery out totally to fix it.
    12-26-09 09:05 PM
    every day..
    12-26-09 09:05 PM
    About every 2-3 days if I notice lagging or memory leaks, or when installing/removing apps.
    12-26-09 09:10 PM
    I never pull my battery and DO NOT EVER use restarting apps. The only time my
    phone restarts is when an app install or deletion requires it.

Anyone restarting or performing regular / scheduled battery pulls are fooling
    themselves if they think it is even remotely useful.
    12-26-09 11:46 PM
    could you elaborate on this ken? i find it useful only to clear up a lagging device and constant hour glasses. but i dont have it scheduled or anything.
    12-26-09 11:52 PM
    I don't do battery pulls. Technically I do when I switch my battery to a fully charged one. Aside from that, nope.
    12-27-09 12:05 AM
    could you elaborate on this ken? i find it useful only to clear up a lagging device and constant hour glasses. but i dont have it scheduled or anything.
    The majority of people treat restarts / battery pulls as a memory management
    tool. It isn't. Setting a daily restart via QuickPull,etc... is pointless as is most of the
    reasons people perform restarts. The JVM will do what it does and as long as
    the user practices a basic level of housekeeping, restarts are unnecessary.

Now, to the issue of freezing, app errors that can't be fixed otherwise, and
    a few other issues, restarts are very beneficial. Most people however, use it for the
    absolute wrong reasons, mostly because of the astoundingly bad info propagated on
    the web and repeated, ad nauseum, by those who don't know any better.
    12-27-09 12:09 AM
    I'm with duvi only pull when I do my daily battery change. Or when the BB starts acting funky which is rare.

12-27-09 12:31 AM
    thanks for the insight. i only do it when the device is horribly lagging or appears to be frozen.
    12-27-09 01:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD